PDA

View Full Version : Freezes when I try to save or load

uwantbl00d
4th May 2010, 23:08
Last week steam updated and ever since then every time I try to load or save my game JC2 freezes. I tried completely removing steam and JC2 and reinstalling them but it still does it. I can load my last auto save but thats it. And my auto save is still there even after reinstalling everything. Anyone know a fix? Where is my saved game file? Everything is installed on a separate partition. Idc about keeping my saved games i just want load/save to work.

Dealman
5th May 2010, 09:26
Last week steam updated and ever since then every time I try to load or save my game JC2 freezes. I tried completely removing steam and JC2 and reinstalling them but it still does it. I can load my last auto save but thats it. And my auto save is still there even after reinstalling everything. Anyone know a fix? Where is my saved game file? Everything is installed on a separate partition. Idc about keeping my saved games i just want load/save to work.

My advice for you would be to always install Applications on the 'Master' HDD to avoid such issues.

Did you try to uninstall JC2 using the Uninstaller or did you do it manually? If you did it manually, did you delete the JC2 Registry too?

uwantbl00d
6th May 2010, 00:12
No I did not. Where in the registry can I find JC2? Anyone know a way I can reset steam cloud? I tried starting steam in offline mode but it still does the same thing.

Dealman
6th May 2010, 14:47
No I did not. Where in the registry can I find JC2? Anyone know a way I can reset steam cloud? I tried starting steam in offline mode but it still does the same thing.

Always uninstall games using the Uninstaller, deleting them manually will leave the Registry unchanged. Thus the computer might 'think' that the game is still on the Harddrive.

However, you should be able to find it like this(I've got no clue what it looks like if you've got Steam, also this is what it looks on my Computer.);

Windows XP 32/64-Bit:

1. Open Start.
2. Start Run and type in regedit.
3. Make your way to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
♦SOFTWARE
♦Eidos
♦Just Cause 2
4. Delete the Eidos Folder. And you should be all set.

Pretty much the same for Windows 7 32/64-Bit;

1. Open Start.
2. In the Search Field type in regedit and hit Enter.
3. Repeat the above step 3 and 4.

Note: However, you might have to go to;
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
♦Software
♦Eidos
♦Just Cause 2

If you still don't find it, you can go to the Edit tab and press the Find tab, and enter something related to Just Cause 2 or Eidos, for example "Just Cause", "Just Cause 2", "Just", "Cause" or just "Eidos"

Good luck! :thumb: