PDA

View Full Version : (Bug) No Multi-Core Support

Dealman
2nd May 2010, 23:48
Hiya,

It seems like Just Cause 2 does not have a very good Support for Multi-Core Processors.

I'm using an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 and I have to set the Affinity on Just Cause 2 to 3/4 Processors to be able to get through loading.

However it must be 1 Core in order to play without freezing within a few minutes.

Is there a fix for this? This dramatically ruins the game, as it's not playable at all on 1 out of 4 available Cores.

There is a Temporary Workaround though;
At the Main Menu, set the Affinity to 1 Core and then Load/Start a New Game and after that, set it to 4 Cores again. However, this will make the Game freeze the next time it loads.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400
GPU: eVGA GeForce 8800GTX
HDD: 750Gb Western Digital
RAM: 4Gb DDR2
DX: DirectX 11
ASUS Chipset
Realtek High Definition Audio

All Drivers are up-to-date (As of the 2nd of Janury - 2010.)

PS. Also I'm having about a 0.2-0.4 Second Delay on Mouse Movements, is there a way to fix this...?

Sincerely,
Dealman.

Dealman
3rd May 2010, 00:21
The root for causing this issue is the Bokeh Filter.

If your Affinity is set to 4, and you try to enter a loading state with the Bokeh Fiter On, it'll freeze/hang.

If you've got an Affinity set to 3 Cores or less, with the Bokeh Filter On you'll get through the Loading. But the Game will Crash/Freeze in a matter of minutes.

If you've got the Affinity on all Cores, with the Bokeh Filter Off, you won't experience any Freezes or Crashes.

Hope this might help others out there!

Sincerely,
Dealman.