PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with boss battles

MagR
2nd May 2010, 20:36
Can anyone help me with the final boss fight. I really struggled beating Ivy – I ended up just throwing the batarang continuously whether her shell was open or not and it finally worked. The problem is I’m not used to moving with WASD. I just use the mouse to look where I want to go then use W which is always on my mouse’s thumb button. I can’t do this in the final two boss fights as the mouse look is disabled. I’ve even tried an xbox controller for Windows to no avail. I wonder if anyone knows any tactics that could help. All I can do successfully is counter (right button). As soon as I try to hit first or cape stun I’m stuffed as I’m not used to using the keys to change my direction of aim. Also does anyone know why Rocksteady have done this as it is ruining the game for me and seems a console hangover. The boss fight against Bane used the controls as normal and that was fine. Any help would be much appreciated.

P.s. I'm even playing this on easy!

sir biscuit
3rd May 2010, 07:03
Don't feel bad, I had exact same problem! It started w/scarecrow...I bought an xbox controoler to use during those boss battles...wait till the end of game! I just kept jumping to avoid vines & quick throwing batarang. I saw a video on youtube that helped. relax & enjoy game, I know your fustration!! I'm on my second gothru now (on norm this time) then on to resident Evil 5, then back to bats on hard!!

freeze131
3rd May 2010, 08:36
I think the poison ivy one was the hardest in the entire game. The joker one wasn't that hard.

But, it's all about countering basically.

Kermit101
5th May 2010, 04:02
just buy a xbox controller an everything will be fine.