PDA

View Full Version : Thought that this was funny, wanted to share.

SlashPrower
2nd May 2010, 00:40
So, there's this chick on DeviantArt who seems absolutely determined to draw OCs just to ship with characters from different franchises. And she made a character to ship with Lynch.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/019/0/8/Hi_Soldier_by_Cathyerina.jpg

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/015/a/c/CC___Traitor___by_Cathyerina.jpg

Few things wrong with this.

1.) Nice outfit there, soldier. Why not just draw a target on your cleavage?

Might actually be a target there, since Lynch seems to be staring at it in the second picture. And I like how it takes place in the jungle missions, where Kane and Lynch were actually smart enough to bring, you know, actual clothes and armor in case they got shot.

On that note, nice purple eyes, Mary Sue.

2.) I would comment on how she made Lynch look too young, but I have similar problems in my artwork so I'll let it slide.

3.) You paired a character up with Lynch? Friggin' Lynch? Now shipping's all fine and make no mistake, I don't care if you make an OC and pair it up with a canon character, but you have to think this one out a little. Lynch, uh, beat his wife to death. He's completely insane.

Of course, that's the thing about shipping with this game- you can't really do it. Shipping with Kane is pretty much completely unbelievable, as he wouldn't be interested in the least- you can do it with Lynch, but there's only a certain amount of time you can go before he brutally kills the OC. (Then you have the ones that ship the two together, which I've only seen in a rather funny parody and fan art that lurks within the darkest corners of DeviantArt)

And that's why any attempt to ship either character with an OC is always hilarious. There aren't enough attempts to do this- I've only seen two, one with Lynch and one with Kane, although the one with Kane was a fanfiction that only went one chapter.

Yeah, that's how I segue into giving you this: http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/6183408/kane-and-lynch-dead-men-with-a-twist-in-the-story-info

I did an MST of the info page and the first chapter here: http://wwcollision.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=1048

Brackstone17
2nd May 2010, 02:56
My eyes. They burn.

Also Lynch looks like the latter half of Pinky and the Brain there. You could play air hockey on that forehead.

SlashPrower
2nd May 2010, 12:25
Also Lynch looks like the latter half of Pinky and the Brain there. You could play air hockey on that forehead.

Holy crap, you're right.

Also, as someone who's a sucker for anatomy and proportions I have to say that in the first picture, her knees are way too low on her legs. And the second picture...well, there are many things wrong with the second picture. She made her character have the face of an old woman. Not to mention how her hair looks blue.

...And god damn her lack of clothes keeps bugging me. I mean, ****. You're running through a battleground, button up your shirt and find some pants. Jesus.

It gets worse, though:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/011/a/8/Elenore__Buck__Jasper_BIO_by_Cathyerina.jpg

Still not wearing clothes, I see. Also, I tried that pose. Uncomfortable and very hard to do.

Here's the bio she posted:

--- Character's BIO ---
NAME: Elenore Jasper
NICKNAME: Buck or Buckminster
ORIGIN: Australia
LIKE: pills & drinks
DISLIKE: her memories about past, prison
FRIENDS: J.S. Lynch
FOES: have no special one
INFO:
Elenore get to prison after she killed her boyfriend, his lover and her unborn baby. In prison she got a new name - Buck. She tryed to escape many times because as psychopath and murderer she got an capital punishment. At last she got her chance and now she is free. Buck met on her way her ''new friends''. For now she stay near them to save her ass but one day the justice will get her...
---

If I list out all the **** that's wrong with this, I'll be here all day. Also, someone drew her a picture which is kind of better than her normal art, but not much:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/011/4/d/You_may_die_by_X_KI.png

If I list everything that's wrong with this, I'll be here all week. Let me just point out the obvious: They made Lynch look like a girl with an inexplicable beard, guns don't look like that, and for Christ's sake put a shirt on. At least this all makes me feel better about my mediocre style. Okay, I suck and I know it, but at least my character has the decency to wear clothes and not have purple eyes.

But yeah, she did some shipping for ******* Agent 47, too.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/360/1/e/Bridget_Blaster___Hitwoman_BIO_by_Cathyerina.jpg

God, this woman needs to write fanfiction so I can laugh at her more.

*checks journal* Oh, and apparently she thought Saw VI was the best Saw movie and was really good...yeah, she doesn't have the best taste.

One of Seven
2nd May 2010, 13:25
Ugh, I hate anime sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. Probably because I don't like Japans culture to begin with, this person just raped one of my favorite game characters. Damn that stupid, spikey, bannana hair!

petersjov
2nd May 2010, 13:30
Well, I have that person on my friendlist on deviantart, i think they are very nice ;-)

JackGordon
2nd May 2010, 13:33
Ugh, I hate anime sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. Probably because I don't like Japans culture to begin with
Same here...

SlashPrower
2nd May 2010, 13:46
Ugh, I hate anime sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

Lol, I draw anime, which is why I usually post my art elsewhere. However, my style's different- smaller eyes, more realistic proportions, my characters actually wear clothes, blah blah blah.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h117/SlashPrower/Mobile%20Uploads/0_1-9.jpg

...I'm sorry. It's crap, I know ;-; This is why I stick to writing.

lol someone knows her now I feel kind of bad but not enough to warrant my shutting up

I'm not going to doubt that she's a nice person, though >___>

Brackstone17
2nd May 2010, 15:59
Count me in the club that dislikes anime. I just don't care for the art style or the types of stories that are often told. I don't doubt that there is some anime out there that I would like, but I'm not holding my breath. So far the closest thing to anime that I have liked has been Samurai Jack.

Anyway, your stuff is miles ahead of whatever kind of Chernobyl spawn was drawn at the top of the page.

Bevacur
2nd May 2010, 17:25
I really really really really really hate anime. They only draw women as 12 yr old girls with massive tits, colourfull rainbow hair and eyes, act really pathetic and just...I HATE THEM!

All male anime look like they had a electric shock and they dyed their hair colour. Seriously what is with the flamboyant main characters? Every JRPG has a main character who is young and noble, will have to save a girl, there is atleast a certain girl who is emotionally fragile and ****s up by getting caught, guns and swords...wtf just use that big bad ass gun...

Sorry about my rant i just hate anime.

Oh and i forgot, there is atleast a furry/slash humanoid thingie.

petersjov
2nd May 2010, 17:40
I challenge anybody to watch some older adult anime movies, and come back here and write that they hate anime ....ever seen Fist af the northstar ?

JackGordon
2nd May 2010, 17:44
Challenge refused. I will not sit through such silliness. Ever.

SlashPrower
2nd May 2010, 18:35
Some anime is good. It's just that the stupid mainstream bull**** ruins it for most everybody. I don't play many JRPGs- the only ones I've liked are the Shadow Hearts series, which is rather obscure. Even then, the only one with a plot that I could get behind was Shadow Hearts: Covenant.

And yes, I absolutely hate how women in anime are usually portrayed as big-breasted, pink-haired, wide-eyed idiots. Although there are some series that avoid this (Full Metal Alchemist is the only one that I can think of off of the top of my head)...yeah, Japan's misogynistic views kind of show in most anime character roles.

Bevacur
2nd May 2010, 19:31
The Japanese sure know how to make good twisted stories in more dark themed anime. Which you have to give them praise for.

SlashPrower
2nd May 2010, 22:37
The Japanese sure know how to make good twisted stories in more dark themed anime. Which you have to give them praise for.

On that note, any manga by Junji Ito is really good and creepy. I have the 3 volumes of Uzumaki. To say that it's weird and surreal is an understatement.

TheMoD
3rd May 2010, 00:39
Well those pics aren't that horrible. Sure lynch doesnt fit in there at all but at least its drawn alright. Do you havesome sort of personal grudge against that girl?
And why would anyone hate japan. I love the way everything thats japanese is so unique and instantly recogniseable as being japanese. Also silent hill 3 is by far the most gripping and tense videogame i have ever played. Just saying, i mean i dont love everything that comes out of japan, for example i cant stand most jrpgs. But thats exactly my point! Dont generalise, there is probably alot of japanese stuff you like and alot you don't. Just like with any other place

SlashPrower
3rd May 2010, 00:59
Well those pics aren't that horrible. Sure lynch doesnt fit in there at all but at least its drawn alright. Do you havesome sort of personal grudge against that girl?

No, I don't have a grudge against her. We've never met and I'm sure she's a good person. I just don't like the whole idea of her character. You and I have different tastes in drawing. What looks fine to you looks way off to me.

JackGordon
3rd May 2010, 03:00
Also silent hill 3 is by far the most gripping and tense videogame i have ever played.
And it is also an unnessecary sequel with very poor enemy design and a far-fetched story. You know, people always speak highly of Team Silent as if they were some kind of demigods who'd never screw up their own creation. Well, they did. SH3 practically annihilated the player's freedom of interpretation of the first game. SH1's outcome was suddenly limited to one true ending because of SH3.

For me, the true endings to the first and second games are the bad ones. Maybe you would have chosen the good endings and my uncle might've preferred the UFO endings, who knows, but the point is: the player was the one who decided how it would end.

I truly hate the way they ruined what could've been a perfect horror franchise. Each new entry in the series should've been a standalone experience.

Brackstone17
3rd May 2010, 04:08
I have to agree with Jack on this one. I think the Silent Hill series peaked with Silent Hill 2. It's always messy when writers try to revisit plots they wrapped up nicely. Silent Hill 3 wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't nearly as good as 2. Once we hit young sassy girls fighting zombies and tentacle monsters while wearing miniskirts, the series lost something for me.

I can't agree more that every new entry should have been independent from the rest.

TheMoD
3rd May 2010, 05:05
Yea actually there were quite some things that werent alright with sh3 like its overall length. But the storytelling and characters were the best in the series in my
oppinion. Simply because they seemed so real its almost creepy. Of course i also like sh2 alot and the whole thing with the monsters reflecting certain aspects of james person. But
sh3 just had a much greater impact on me, even if i fail to put into words why. Sh4 was the first real step backwards in the series, it seemed as if team silent didnt really want to make anymore silenthill games which was probably also the case and after those american devs started ******* around with the franchise and started using pyramidhead as if he was some kind of sh mascot it was over with silent hill

JackGordon
3rd May 2010, 05:13
It's always messy when writers try to revisit plots they wrapped up nicely.
Exactly.

In the search for a Silent Hill video retrospective I stumbled upon this lad's fine SH retrospective; part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r4jS4PMZ9s). Also, his other vids are hilarious. :lol:

One of Seven
3rd May 2010, 16:52
Count me in the club that dislikes anime. I just don't care for the art style or the types of stories that are often told. I don't doubt that there is some anime out there that I would like, but I'm not holding my breath. So far the closest thing to anime that I have liked has been Samurai Jack.

Anyway, your stuff is miles ahead of whatever kind of Chernobyl spawn was drawn at the top of the page.

Hmmm, I am spikey haired hero with a huge sword that realistically no one could ever wield but because I am so powerful I can wield it and I have two annoying companions hmmmmmm, I am on a quest where I must fight beings from this world and beyond so that I may become more powerful and then I must collect their souls so that I can become even more powerful finally then I will be ready to fight the demon lord hmmmmm, however when I fight the demon lord he will show his true power and barely get away with his life leading me on a quest to find where he has gone to, this will cause me to encounter even more foes and villagers in need of my assistance hmmmmmmm, then finally once this series has been milked enough the creators will make a spin off series which has the shows current name but it will have a X, Z, or U at the end hmmmmmmm.

SlashPrower
3rd May 2010, 20:28
Lol, Homecoming doesn't really count as a Silent Hill game to me. It felt like Jacob's Ladder + the Silent Hill movie. Right down to that stupid Order crap. The worst part is that it wasn't scary. Some of the bosses were disturbing, but overall the only creepy bit was the beginning at the hospital.

Kent-45
4th May 2010, 01:53
*checks journal* Oh, and apparently she thought Saw VI was the best Saw movie and was really good...yeah, she doesn't have the best taste.

Oh come on... all the Saw movies are a pillar of horror movie achievement. All the ones after the first one are totally not mediocre, and totally not cranked out for gullible kiddos.

Brackstone17
4th May 2010, 02:26
The fact that someone thinks you can call any one of them the best Saw movie puzzles me to no end.

MxOAgentJohnson
23rd Jun 2010, 22:32
i am the ginger robot, bringing threads back from the past.

Blaaargh

Seriously i agree with the OP, draw a big ol target in her cleavage.

I like your drawings slash, even though i dislike anime with a passion "well most animes" the art style is good.

YoungZer0
23rd Jun 2010, 23:48
So you think she sucks and you want to share your hatred with us? I think we will get along just fine.

SlashPrower
24th Jun 2010, 00:02
Lol, this is rather old. Brings back memories. Memories of my hatred of girl characters who don't wear clothes on a battlefield. I mean, they might as well hang a sign over the exposed chest saying "SHOOT ME HERE TO HIT VITAL ORGANS AND TOTALLY **** ME UP." Sometimes they expose their navel, which is basically a bullseye.

Even my little sister doesn't do that, and she creates annoying little Mary Sue anime characters that she then commissions me to draw.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h117/SlashPrower/Mobile%20Uploads/Photo042p.jpg

Not sure whether her character was worse- I mean, you have the weird eye and hair color, but at least she's wearing clothes. And I spent a ton of time drawing it, so I'm biased.

*thinks about just changing the thread to post all her artwork on*

Brackstone17
24th Jun 2010, 01:13
Hey, it's this topic. Now I remember why I tried so hard to forget about it.

Zidrien
24th Jun 2010, 01:14
Well, they're... interesting.
What can I say?

ohitspatty
24th Jun 2010, 03:30
This person draws whole lot better than me. I can't say anything bad about it, really.

Bevacur
24th Jun 2010, 16:35
Here is my little art.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9840/kaneandlynchdogdays.png

Atleast you can draw unlike others...(me)

GrievousOdyssey
24th Jun 2010, 17:12
Oh i know ART when i see it ! ...

SlashPrower
24th Jun 2010, 17:16
Of course Bevacur had to come in and destroy my ego by making the best Kane and Lynch fan art ever conceived.

Screw you, Bevacur. Screw you and your amazing artistic talent.

MxOAgentJohnson
24th Jun 2010, 17:28
Bevacur officially made me laugh so hard, Hats off to you sir.

Im gonna do an director and make a sequel but make it worse.

MxOAgentJohnson
24th Jun 2010, 17:35
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc190/mariodxadver1/kl2epic.jpg

Grievous = better dan lynch

GrievousOdyssey
24th Jun 2010, 18:07
Whoa ... that actually sounds perfect ...

I should be the protagonnist , screw Lynch , i existed before him ! ...

Bevacur
24th Jun 2010, 18:10
I would enjoy commiting suicide in co-op if i was controlling you.

Lynch is 41 in Dead Men so your older than 41?

MxOAgentJohnson
24th Jun 2010, 18:55
Slash whats your DA account, ive had like 10 over the span of 4 years and i finally decided to stick to one, its LordTrolley

BeardedHoplite
24th Jun 2010, 23:35
So far the closest thing to anime that I have liked has been Samurai Jack.

Check some of Hyao Mizaki's (I know I raped the spelling) work. It is the only anime I care for, particularly Princess Monoke, that was a great film

GrievousOdyssey
24th Jun 2010, 23:41
I never understood why people loved Mononoke , it's not a bad movie at all , but ... well i don't know , i just felt nothing from it ...

BeardedHoplite
24th Jun 2010, 23:44
'Prolly because you sold your soul so Deadmen could get a trophy patch.

GrievousOdyssey
25th Jun 2010, 01:12
Well i did liked Spirited Away , and that one with the robots with giant arms/wings , that was badass ! but my favorite will still be TOTORO ...

PS : my soul is apparently so pathetically filled with grief that no one would take it ... not even if i give a flower for free ... ... not even a flower ... ... ... mine ... they wouldn't take it ...