PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Fix team balancing

PencileyePirate
23rd Mar 2014, 23:11
I've seen 2v4s and 1v4s happen without another player joining for an entire round.

Either give players a team-switch option in the UI so they may opt to balance teams instead of waiting, or automagically balance teams if the losing team is down more than a single player.

At the very least we should have team balancing between rounds so that a 2v4 can't last an entire match.

MarinePikachu
23rd Mar 2014, 23:18
I dont like auto balancing due to a group of friends playing who want to stay on the same team (once party system is up) but a switch team option would be nice to have.

cmstache
24th Mar 2014, 01:08
^I agree with this. Maybe if it was optional, but I can see that abused so that people only have to play one race. Sometimes, it's just the luck of the draw. Hopefully, as players increase, this will be remedied.=

Twiggymc
24th Mar 2014, 02:38
I dont see why it cant just take some one who is waiting in que and throw them into the game, i mean is there really that few ppl in que that it cant just fill up an already in progress game i'd rather have then that 90% of my games be 3v4's or 2v4's

cmstache
24th Mar 2014, 02:53
What if you're queueing with friends? Or trying to get a lobby filled with them?

Twiggymc
24th Mar 2014, 02:57
This isnt just about playing with friends, i play these types of games solo cause most of my friends are not interested but its not fun when like i said 90% of my games are 3v4 or 2v4 hell i just finished a game were it was 2v4 and the only other guy on my team was afk the entire game this needs fixed badly

cmstache
24th Mar 2014, 03:02
Population increase will fix this automatically. It's slow at this time of day because there aren't any EU players. Merging lobbies won't fix it if the players aren't there. I know how you feel, I've been there too. But, you can't penalize players who want to play with their friends. Here's an idea, make some new ones. :friends:Most of us did.

Sometimes I like 2v4 or 1v4. It gives me a chance to see what I'm really made of. Especially as a human. I feel good about myself then if I even go positive.

tl:dr...
Hang in there, players will come when founder's do.

PencileyePirate
24th Mar 2014, 04:36
^ Exactly, merging lobbies won't work if players aren't there. So when I'm playing at 4am and someone quits, it will probably be hard for matchmaking to find a replacement player (even after Founders releases & population increases.) For this reason I still think we should have the option to switch teams.

Also, note the requirement that players can only switch if the opposing team is down more than 1 player; that should prevent players from abusing the feature.

Oroibahazopi
24th Mar 2014, 11:44
It's pretty obvious that there should be autobalance in PUB solo queues, arranged team matches wont have this issue.

PencileyePirate
26th Mar 2014, 11:43
Was just in a game where the opponents were all between levels 14 and 20-something, and my team was me (32) and three other players levels 1, 1 and 2. I tried to give them helpful advice, but they wouldn't take it. It ended up a slaughter, and I don't think it was fun for either team.

Can team balancing please split up new players instead of putting them all on one team?

RainaAudron
26th Mar 2014, 12:17
The only fix for this is to force the under lv10 to play in New Recruit only.

Poppios
26th Mar 2014, 21:22

No, reworking it so you don't get premades will fix a lot of issues. I want to play with my friends, but I would rather have a fair game against them, then be 4 tall and stomp level 10's.

PencileyePirate
26th Mar 2014, 21:36

This isn't true, since proper team balancing could fix the issue...

Boreaquis
26th Mar 2014, 21:42
This isn't true, since proper team balancing could fix the issue...

There is proper team balancing (if balancing by rank is 'proper', anyway). What you're seeing is premade parties getting ending up on the same team, which is new in this patch. Unless we get better/more gated matchmaking, it will stay this way.

cmstache
26th Mar 2014, 21:46
The party system is that way currently because there were already premade groups before beta, we just couldn't play on the same team. Honestly, you are lucky that you made it this long without them grouping up. Sure the system needs work, but keep a couple things in mind. First, MANY players either sucked it up or quit because they were gone. Many players haven't been having much fun since they were removed. Many players are actually taking it easy on the newbies, just to get slammed by their team for not being lvl30 and carrying when in fact they are just trying to help new people out and not playing selfishly.

He best thing I can recommend is for you to learn from them. You learn faster against better players.

PencileyePirate
28th Mar 2014, 21:36
Any chance of feedback from devs on this issue?

darktemplar99
7th Apr 2014, 07:05
If a team has less players, they should be compensated for their disadvantage. For humans, they should get more DPS; either damage, attack speed, or reload speed. For Vampires, they should get more survivability; either hit points or movement speed.

Even when the game is released and there are more people playing, there will still be times when the game is uneven for a while. Maybe this can turn on and off automatically depending on the number of players. It would also allow for some cool 1v4 modes.

ZeroFernir
7th Apr 2014, 10:31
7x1 would have a vampiric The Flash =P