PDA

View Full Version : PC, using 360 controller, left trigger stuck

Reasonableman
1st May 2010, 00:16
It appears as though the left trigger on my 360 controller is permanently stuck held down, so that when I load a game, I instantly throw a grenade or fire my offhand weapon; nothing I can figure to do 'unsticks' the trigger. Unplugging and replugging, restarting the game and my computer, it still acts as though it's held down. This may have something to do with updated 360 controller drivers released just recently by Microsoft. Important note: other games register the trigger properly; no problem playing, say, Bioshock or Prototype with the same controller.

Any ideas, help, solutions will be greatly appreciated and perhaps rewarded with candy!

Reasonableman
1st May 2010, 19:22
Also: Pressing the A button behaves both like the usual jump/parachute button, and also fires the secondary weapon. Switching between LB/RB and LT/RT for firing does nothing at all. A still fires/jumps, and the RT still fires the main weapon. This makes absolutely no kind of sense at all. Perhaps it's because I'm using a crummy Gamestop controller?

Reasonableman
2nd May 2010, 03:24
Even more info that nobody is looking at!

While in vehicles, the trigger works just fine. Firing your offhand weapon is just mapped on to A, along with jump/parachute. I don't know how this is even possible, since you can't edit 360 controller settings...

Reasonableman
2nd May 2010, 04:52
Welllllll thanks to my genius, I was able to solve the problem by deleting the JC2Settings file so that the game was forced to build a new one. I'm guessing somehow both commands got mapped to the A button. This is a pretty serious problem, though, it feels like.

Quadruple post hooray!