PDA

View Full Version : MISC. So far, the worst part of Nosgoth is the players...

Ygdrasel
26th Mar 2014, 07:34
TL;DR: Escaping the New Recruit lobby somehow magically turns some players into joyless douches and that's terrible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Specifically, that particular breed of player who is so completely consumed by feelings of inadequacy that they can't have fun in a game unless everyone else is up to their arbitrary (and conveniently never actually stated) standards. Now, it's a competitive game (all games technically are but I digress) but does it really improve on anything at all to whine and nag other players over their performance?

I haven't been active in the 10+ lobby for even a week and I've run into far too many level 20+ little whiners crying over the fact that lower-level players just out of New Recruit are (amazingly enough) less experienced than them. God forbid any of them pause to consider logic or reason.

Honestly, I can't even fathom why these victory-obsessive sort even play games. They'd win a lot more at that child's toy where you put shapes through the right holes so I imagine it would satisfy them far more than any game.

Oh, they do love hyperbole, this lot. "You're not even playing the game!" is a favorite line. Now obviously this is untrue so, with the good intent of making honest people of them when they say this, I take it upon myself to simply stand in a corner of the map until the match ends. You know, that way they're not exaggerating liars. I'm trying to help him. And they still get angry. Some people just can't be pleased, I guess...

And for all the whining, none of them ever seem very eager to actually be helpful. You know, tips or advice or anything. "How is it your damage output is so low while I've done [x] damage?" Obviously because I'm not dealing as much damage as you. Please ask a stupider question. Better yet, how about some guidance if it's such a big deal to you? Christ.

Thankfully, this particular brand of tumor-masquerading-as-a-person is still rather rare in Nosgoth. But there are still enough of them that I've resorted to simply trolling them for all their whining when I do end up teamed with a bunch of them. Roll Sentinel, spend the game flying against a wall. Roll Reaver, spend the game pouncing around the map deliberately avoiding the actual targets. I was maintaining second place in a match today, getting a fair share of assists and kill shots. Made one really lousy call (and got killed). Guy starts crying about it so I just went AFK out in the open, tossed a 'Feel free to get some cheap kills off me, guys' into the chat and went off to make a sandwich.

Now, being competitive is fine and all. If somebody's really sucking, call them on it. I once had a match where half the team (who weren't AFK) didn't do a point of damage for five minutes or so and I got on their cases over it. But there is a limit, people. Some players, they just fixate on it like an obsession. Hell, a few of these guys seem like they have legit vendettas or something that follow them from match to match. Frankly, if they're so naggy and needy for control that they can't have fun because of what I'm doing, I'm quite content to deliberately ruin their fun. Even moreso if they're weirdly obsessive over it because then they really can't be taken seriously at that point anyway. The show they put on is plenty fun for me.

To any such players should they read this: Turn on any competition-based reality TV show involving kids. You're the fat unhappy mother screeching at her kids to live her dreams for her. It's just a game, learn to relax.

Decepi
26th Mar 2014, 07:40
tl;dr.

You're the worst part of Nosgoth.

Dwapook
26th Mar 2014, 08:00
Eh.. I'm kind of puzzled myself..

I was in the new player lobby the other day with a bunch of level 1's.. and someone went off on how bad some of the players were and actually said being new to the game was no excuse for playing poorly! ...And then someone else actually agreed with him! Made me feel like I was back in elementary school.. o.O;

Skill takes knowledge and experience.. How can people delude themselves into not seeing that simple truth? O.o;

If someone's just flat out complaining and offering nothing constructive, then they're putting their time and energy into losing further.. Kind of hypocritical and ridiculous!! Hope I don't run into it much..

I'm gonna try to find a guild to join that doesn't suffer from that mentality.. x.X!

Viridian24
26th Mar 2014, 08:27
Thankfully, this particular brand of tumor-masquerading-as-a-person is still rather rare in Nosgoth. But there are still enough of them that I've resorted to simply trolling them for all their whining when I do end up teamed with a bunch of them. Roll Sentinel, spend the game flying against a wall. Roll Reaver, spend the game pouncing around the map deliberately avoiding the actual targets. I was maintaining second place in a match today, getting a fair share of assists and kill shots. Made one really lousy call (and got killed). Guy starts crying about it so I just went AFK out in the open, tossed a 'Feel free to get some cheap kills off me, guys' into the chat and went off to make a sandwich.

Errr no offense, but I think you lost all credibility when you said this =/

With this kind of behavior, you're not really proving yourself to be any better than they are. They yell at you, so you go and pout lol

I was maintaining second place in a match today, getting a fair share of assists and kill shots. Made one really lousy call (and got killed). Guy starts crying about it so I just went AFK out in the open, tossed a 'Feel free to get some cheap kills off me, guys' into the chat and went off to make a sandwich.

This part, especially. Sounds like a really good game, then one guy makes a comment and you abandon your team, leaving the other two players who probably had nothing to do with it. Maybe you need to grow a thicker skin. There will be people insulting you your whole life at points in time, on the internet it's just intensified. But it's no big deal, just mute these guys.

PencileyePirate
26th Mar 2014, 10:54
I was maintaining second place in a match today, getting a fair share of assists and kill shots. Made one really lousy call (and got killed). Guy starts crying about it so I just went AFK out in the open, tossed a 'Feel free to get some cheap kills off me, guys' into the chat and went off to make a sandwich.

Wow. Guy complains so you screw over your entire team, then go rant on forums? That behavior is worse than theirs, so I have no sympathy for you.

That said, the whiners are part of almost any online game, and will hopefully subside over time. The best approach is to make friends in-game and then try to play with people you know whenever possible.

WhiteFlameKyo
26th Mar 2014, 11:47
Oh boy, a real forum drama! I've been waiting for this since joining alpha. Let me get some popcorn.

Seriously though, just play the game. I'm trying to do what I can to (1) have fun and (2) help my team win. Even if it means saving a sorry ass of someone who keeps whining about others' skills through the whole match.

Deltajugg
26th Mar 2014, 11:50
The best approach is to make friends in-game and then try to play with people you know whenever possible.

That would be nice, my friend actually got his beta key yesterday, and we're trying to play together. Of course, except for the fact that party mode is not working at all, and the only way to find ourselves on one server is to synchronise our match search and pray. And even then we still have a chance to end up in different teams, even though we did try so hard just to play together :/

That being said, I have to say I am a competitive person. Not really much of a flamer, but I do get frustrated when players play poorly. And I don't mean low lvl poorly, I mean moron and douche lvl poorly.
It's about that Reaver standing 3 metres behind a hunter that I keep tanking with Ignore Pain on the other side, keeping hunter's attention on me. Yet he just stands there, I don't know, either expecting me to take care of it myself in no-attack mode, and stealing the body to feed on right before my eyes, or waiting for pounce cooldown to wear off, being almost in melee range, while I stand there, believing that he will backstab this hunter with his claws any second, but he doesn't in the end, and I have to run, with alot of my health lost from crossbow in tank-mode, and no kill.
It's about that teammate looking at me being pounced on by a Reaver, and having problem with shooting him off me somehow, being too busy shooting down another Reaver with Evasion on, or a Tyrant with Ignore Pain.
It's about that guy that after a teamfight where we end up 2v1 runs off while I'm getting close-range focused by a Reaver with health dropping any second, where his 2 shots would deal a final blow to that vampire that ended up with 143 hp while fighting against me, where, if he managed to deal more shots, I could even survive.
It's about that Sentinel that after first 7 seconds of the game gives the enemy team a first blood, because a fragile, flying Razielim was out in the open against 2 scouts, trying to fly closer to the enemy team alone and kidnap someone, because it was too hard to wait for a Reaver grenade distraction and Tyrant initiation.
It's about that Tyrant that goes in 1v4 without any teammates close, any grenades thrown, dies immediately, and then goes flaming all over chat why didn't we go in with him, even though noone was even close to the spot humans just respawned at except him.
It's about that teammate of yours that sees your portrait in the corner, covered in bloody red, with you left at around 200 health, he sees you in front of him holding your side, with eyes begging for mercy, and he, being full health, takes a deep bite of a body that you just killed, afterwards saying those two beautiful words: "u mad?"
It's about that Hunter that is almost dead, and even at lvl 20 you have to tell him that there's a supply depot close, and he should heal, which he doesn't do in the end, and the only way he refills his health is by dying yet again.

Of course guys, I do agree that sometimes people can be unexperienced with games enough to be unable to make a good play in a game even as simple as Nosgoth currently is. I understand that some guy around lvl 3-11 won't be as good as 20-25 lvl. I understand if someone has a bad day performance or simply plays worse than usual because of lags (region choosing still doesn't seem to work). But there are some things that don't need to be learned, because they are so obvious. There are things that have a really short learning time. Like you can't go 1v4 alone, you can't win without a team in a team-based game, you should not eat off bodies of your enemies if you're full on health and an ally next to you is gravely wounded. Your ally on the ground being shredded by a Reaver has a greater shooting priority than another Reaver with Evasion, or a full health Tyrant with ignore pain. You should be helping your team and work together, because if not, what's the point of making this game a multiplayer game?

What hurts me even worse is that there's many people in my level range that does it. I often tend to find myself in a situation where there's a lvl 2-3, a few times there was even a guy that played his first Nosgoth game, and they performed 3 times better than my average lvl 22 teammate. If a person that just started playing this game performs better than a person that surely spent some time in it, when a complete newbie deals around 7800 damage, while your lvl 22 teammate deals 1300, when a newbie died 3 and a lvl 22 died 9 times, when a lvl 1 sticks together and saves people from Reavers and dodges grenades, while a lvl 22 does not, goes alone, ignores you when you're with him,keeps standing in a Choking Haze, THIS is the kind of performance I don't understand.

This is how I see my teammates.
http://comtempimg.memecdn.com/dp5314a8a14d1880.30301995.gif
And as much as I don't flame in game at all, I do beg anyone that sees this. If you play a team-based competitive game, at least TRY to do your best in it, instead of trolling 3 people in your team by a performance WAY below any human being with common sense.
http://i.imgur.com/iOHjZpk.jpg

MasterFurbz
26th Mar 2014, 17:57
@OP you gotta keep your powergamer side in check. There's going to be plenty of both good and bad players. That's life. When I'm in a match I know im going to lose I try new builds and tactics that I normally wouldn't use in a proper game. It's helped me develop my tactics and be more efficient.

Sdoots
26th Mar 2014, 19:32
Welcome to any multiplayer game ever. It's going to happen. Sorry. :/

Inrezairo
26th Mar 2014, 21:45
I'm not a good player, I will readily admit that.

However having never played online games before against other real humans, AND having never played a PC game meaning my fingers do not automatically find the keys, I can honestly say I'm still proud of how far I've gotten in Nosgoth so far and try to make the effort to improve all the time.

I do feel like I was thrown in with the big boys too soon so maybe the levelling up to 10 needs to be slowed down a bit.

However the biggest thing that has helped me improve is joining Raidcall and speaking with the Nosgoth players on there. It allows us to co-ordinate to get into the same lobby and also during a match for tactics. There are also some amazing players in there too and although I feel really guilty when they do over 5 times the damage I do and I always come at the bottom of the table they are open-minded enough to see past that and instead have been great as mentors and I do feel that am slowly getting better.

There will be plenty more like me that will be destined to come last in the tables for a long time yet but give us time, practice and advice and we can be useful members of a team.

Flammers I ignore and I would advise others to do the same. Just try to play the best game you can listening to advice when it is given and remember you are not just playing for yourself or even your team but for the other team as well. If you rage quit or go AFK you almost certainly doom your team and the opposing team, while potentially getting an easy victory it can find it feels pretty hollow.

Violet-n-red
26th Mar 2014, 22:43
and that's the reason i hate playing online out of LAN. internets lacks the ability to punch somebody in a face >:C not that i was ever punching anybody for that reason, but still... at least bat that kind of people or something? like, voting for muting a player for some time?

Rhorge
26th Mar 2014, 23:26
People yelling at you in chat is one thing, you can just ignore them like a big boy and play on. Throwing a fit and refusing to play the game and screwing everyone over is by far worse behavior.

Razaiim
26th Mar 2014, 23:54
I'm sorry Ygdrasel but this post does not endear yourself to anyone at all. You say that you can't handle people calling you out and such. That's fine, it's the internet, take it with a grain of salt, if they have advice consider it, if not then just brush it off and keep motoring. Their comment may sting, but it doesn't need to have any impact on you at all. What you are doing though, impacts not just the angry player, but the two (or more once 5v5 comes out) players who have had no roll to play in this clash between you and some person who you may meet only a handful of times.

I have watched you play, and you seem to understand the game fine. However I notice that you will not do actions simultaneously. You do not move and shoot. You stop attacking for a considerable time before using a skill, if at all. Your characters turn around extremely slowly. Initially myself and others were willing to give the benefit of the doubt and say it was hardware issues.

Now that you have mentioned this though, I feel no shame in sharing the fact you can be counted on to take steps to sabotage a team when someone criticizes you in any manner.

Saturnity
27th Mar 2014, 01:18
The reason why they're so pissed at you is because there's an entire game mode dedicated to helping you learn to compete with experienced players. It's no fun for them to babysit, so obviously you're going to get a few people irritated if you don't even try to play a few games before jumping in with experienced players.

In normal TDM, a level 11 player making constant mistakes is just a bad player. A level 3 making constant mistakes is someone choosing to ruin everyone's fun.

cmstache
27th Mar 2014, 01:59
In normal TDM, a level 11 player making constant mistakes is just a bad player. A level 3 making constant mistakes is someone choosing to ruin everyone's fun.

This, although it's no excuse to rage. If you don't USE that new recruits lobby then you deserve all the rage thrown at you. Are they acting immature? Yes, but you brought it on yourself. There are FEW players who are low ranked and need to be in TDM, and that's because of the Alpha wipe. Most of them are high level again so you even have to worry about them.

RazielOfNosgoth
27th Mar 2014, 10:29
Inrezairo (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/member.php?u=34970) summed it up really well, so I second all that he wrote (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=11669&p=92763#post92763). I am happy to see some good advice given, which I will definitely consider. Being new to this genre altogether and PC gaming i.e. keyboard/mouse/team coordination, I perform rather poorly. And having minimum requirement hardware doesn't help much either. There are players who think I am trolling, while in fact I am trying hard to be of any use to the team and even dare to try to have fun in the process. I am just a very slow learner and a highly inexperienced multiplayer gamer. So I try to play with friends who understand that and are willing to help out.

There was one particular point where I was in 3-4 lost matches in a row with brutal players, I was hardly making any impact so I wrote that I should at least keep out of sight and not give the other team "cheap" kills, so I left the wrong impression and most certainly in those few matches my teammates pretty much never wanted to play with me again. Understandable. What I was suppose to do is just quit after the first match ended, being the (by far) least effective player of the lot, and not spoil it for the others. But I guess one learns from such mistakes.

Levels, however, are no clear sign of a good player. You can grind your way up to Level 20 in a matter of days or in a month, two or more, depending on your skill and previous gaming experiences. I even manage to squeeze in a match with a 10/1 kill/death ratio at times and a 0/9 just the same, even within the same match in its respective rounds. So levels are definitely no indicator of success or gaming prowess. Not necessarily.

So here's to teamwork! http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Rhorge
27th Mar 2014, 17:32
So levels are definitely no indicator of success or gaming prowess. Not necessarily.

Well, you will be glad to know that there is a proper matchmaking system coming up that has a player skill mechanic used for matchmaking instead of rank.

MasterShuriko
27th Mar 2014, 18:54
Got into a game today after spending countless tries before actually getting into a game due to people leaving before the game starts.

Then during the game players have started to leave DRAMATICLY its really not fun to play a game where you are the only guy left on the team vs 4 others.
Then in one game I actually got yelled at for getting into the game since the team I got into had a guy leave/ dc ( so I took his place thanks to the matchmaking) anyway, I got yelled at and prompted to leave it so that their friend could get back into the game. I was not welcome at all in there and people started cursing, yelling and eventually left themselfs.

1st: Was I wrong here?
2nd: What have happened to the people trying to make this game better where they instead turn their claws, knifes, bows towards their fellow players! :(.

This took the price for me today, Dont feel like playing when the players are behaving like animals or worse towards eachother without consequences.

The players that leave the game during a battle should really be punished in some way. They are abusing this as HELL now :mad:

RazielOfNosgoth
27th Mar 2014, 23:00
Well, don't fret. I'd just say: "OK, C ya!" Done and done. :cool:

Prime_Abstergo
28th Mar 2014, 09:51
The players that leave the game during a battle should really be punished in some way. They are abusing this as HELL now :mad: Yes they should but not before dev team completely eliminates any chance of game crashes and occasional bug-related disconnects. You see not everyone just ragequit and all.

Now talking about your example. When I get DC'ed I usually push Shift-Tab --> Join 'Friend's name' game --> then I notice it is already full Q,..,Q
Try put yourself on my place. I hope you'll understand and forgive this kind of overreaction from their side.

Khalith
28th Mar 2014, 10:25
Yes they should but not before dev team completely eliminates any chance of game crashes and occasional bug-related disconnects. You see not everyone just ragequit and all.

This, random crashes and disconnects happen to all of us at one point or another gaming online, it's really not fair to penalize people. Also, there have been times where the game crashed transitioning in to the second round, I logged back in immediately and managed to get back in the same game, had there been a penalty for leaving it would have left my team down one for an even longer period of time.

cmstache
28th Mar 2014, 11:11
Disconnects are pretty rare here. Crashes tend to happen at loading screens, or round starts. Other issues also usually happen when the round begins. Honestly, id be OK with penalizing people who leave mid round. The rare issue won't be enough to hurt the players experiencing issues, just the habitual leavers.

Vampmaster
28th Mar 2014, 11:50
The fairest way to penalize quitters is to keep the penalty fairly mind the first time around (since that could be a one off if the person was interrupted or disconnected), then the penalty gets worse the more a person does it, because then it's more likely that they're just rage quitting.

RainaAudron
28th Mar 2014, 12:10
Yeah, CS GO has a progressive penalty system - at first it´s like 2 minutes or something, then it increases each time you leave but bear in mind, that is for the Competetive mode, not just casual playing. So therefore I think this feature shouldn´t be implemented during Beta testing as many people are getting crashes/disconnected. Maybe once we reach open-beta it could be brought up but again, I´d have it only for ranked matches.

Minsoinch
18th Apr 2014, 00:46
Disconnects are pretty rare here. Crashes tend to happen at loading screens, or round starts. Other issues also usually happen when the round begins. Honestly, id be OK with penalizing people who leave mid round. The rare issue won't be enough to hurt the players experiencing issues, just the habitual leavers.

For myself, I do experience my fair share of software crashes.

PencileyePirate
18th Apr 2014, 01:39
For myself, I do experience my fair share of software crashes.

Yea, I still get hard crashes every so often, varying (according to patch version) from once or twice a week to a couple times a day.

Scourgefrost
18th Apr 2014, 20:37
I agree with you 100% Deltajugg. honestly i've had my share of experiences were some douche sees my low hp and i need to feed and he is at full hp and just chomps on the human with me near death my entrails out there lol. or when im pounced on and that kind of crap. I'm too kind for that **** and even drag corpses to hurt allies and put them in corners for them to feed on so they dont get sniped. Them trolls...XD but you are definitely right on that and people need to work together more.

Minsoinch
19th Apr 2014, 01:21
I agree with you 100% Deltajugg. honestly i've had my share of experiences were some douche sees my low hp and i need to feed and he is at full hp and just chomps on the human with me near death my entrails out there lol. or when im pounced on and that kind of crap. I'm too kind for that S!@# and even drag corpses to hurt allies and put them in corners for them to feed on so they dont get sniped. Them trolls...XD but you are definitely right on that and people need to work together more.

I'm wondering, if it's worth reducing the exp gain from feeding when at full health, or a percentage of exp base on your health. I would also probably consider having an "Assisted-Execute" being put in, but think that maybe a step too far.

Khalith
19th Apr 2014, 02:04
I'm wondering, if it's worth reducing the exp gain from feeding when at full health, or a percentage of exp base on your health. I would also probably consider having an "Assisted-Execute" being put in, but think that maybe a step too far.

I'll execute just for the exp if my team's hp is alright, may as well not let it go to waste!

Abraracoursix
19th Apr 2014, 06:24
There's absolutely no point to argue to come in a competitive game just to play the game or to be with "friends". If you want to just spend some time : then play a solo game, watch TV, or read a book.

If you come into a lobby of such a game as nosgoth : this is to win a game, or at least try hard, if not for you, at least for your teammates.

Guys like you seriously lack the team part of this kind of game, certainly because you never played collective sports much during your school time. When you watch a football match or baseball match on TV, do you think players won't get a pounding by their teammates when they play like ****, even for friendly matches ? Yes, they get insulted by their teammates and certainly the hard way.

In nosgoth, personally I've got decent stats and I'm sadly frequently matched with people being quite bad at the game, not even understanding the basics (though being higher level than me). I think it happens to a lot of other players, which becomes highly frustrating thus irritating in the end : being matched with stupid noobs 10 times in a row is VERY boring, and absolutely no fun in such a competitve game.

What's so hard to understand ?

Personally I prefer by VERY far being matched with a bloodthirsty killer who even taunts or insults me (to me anyone unable to bear this never played collective sports in his life) but play in team and does his job, better than with a stupid but polite cow, unable to understand the easiest things.

Minsoinch
19th Apr 2014, 08:44
Guys like you seriously lack the team part of this kind of game, certainly because you never played collective sports much during your school time. When you watch a football match or baseball match on TV, do you think players won't get a pounding by their teammates when they play like ****, even for friendly matches ? Yes, they get insulted by their teammates and certainly the hard way.

I think you forget, that in this situation these players have trained together regularly. When they see their teammates under perform they are probably aware of what they are capable of, or the opposite how bad they really are.

But think about a team member that you have no background knowledge. A "random" so to speak. Do you start flamming without trying to find out if there is a problem?

The player might just be bad, he might be new to the game, or even trying to learn a new class. If your a person who has more experience, then you are in a position to help.

If the person is in your pre-made or even clan, then flame away, but you have no right to flame a random.

DeeArc
19th Apr 2014, 10:23
Killer Instinct has the best penalty I've seen yet. Wanna be a douche canoe? Okay, get put in jail. Now you can only fight with the other man-children. Have fun! Apply that to intentional drops for the benefit of us all.

There's only so much that can be done about the passive-aggressive types who write Bible entries on how they're being held down by everyone else. If they won't let up, I start trolling them. Take a walk around. See new sights. Make them rage harder. It's effective enough to make them drop, though I've only had to do it once or twice, and it's what they really want to do anyways. They win when you get mad enough to start topics like this.

And yes, some will balk at that. I play fighting games on the side, so I perfectly understand that if you play a game like this, you play to win. But I don't moan about carrying my team as I've had to on occasion, and I definitely don't whine when things are going south. If you still lose, you're either the best carrier with the most braindead teammates, or you weren't good enough. It happens. Deal with it. And if you can't? Expect people to clown on you over your poor social skills.

Side note- I hope there are no alpha testers who honestly feel it's just everyone else. Remember Jest/jestdoit? I bet you do. And I bet you at least remember being on the receiving end of a lopsided score thanks to him. Get as good as him, or at least as good as one of the Immortal clan guys, and then wax philosophical about your inherent superiority.

LOFO1993
19th Apr 2014, 10:26
There's absolutely no point to argue to come in a competitive game just to play the game or to be with "friends". If you want to just spend some time : then play a solo game, watch TV, or read a book.

If you come into a lobby of such a game as nosgoth : this is to win a game, or at least try hard, if not for you, at least for your teammates.

In nosgoth, personally I've got decent stats and I'm sadly frequently matched with people being quite bad at the game, not even understanding the basics (though being higher level than me). I think it happens to a lot of other players, which becomes highly frustrating thus irritating in the end : being matched with stupid noobs 10 times in a row is VERY boring, and absolutely no fun in such a competitve game.

What's so hard to understand ?

Personally I prefer by VERY far being matched with a bloodthirsty killer who even taunts or insults me (to me anyone unable to bear this never played collective sports in his life) but play in team and does his job, better than with a stupid but polite cow, unable to understand the easiest things.

Professional sport players are paid for what they do, and they know their team very well. It's their job to play well.

Playing a free and (for now not so much) open game with completely random people is totally different. You can't just expect everyone to be super-good at it, or even just as concerned to perform well as you do only because you do.

That's the difference, and it's you that should try to adapt to it, not the rest of the world.

You would never go to the park, join perfect strangers playing football and then yell at them because they are not as good as you would like them to be, would you? If you want a professional football experience you look for committed people, maybe a professional team. If you're just joining an open and free experience that's what you get, you settle for it or leave and look for something that fits in your standards better.

Vampmaster
19th Apr 2014, 13:14
You would never go to the park, join perfect strangers playing football and then yell at them because they are not as good as you would like them to be, would you? If you want a professional football experience you look for committed people, maybe a professional team. If you're just joining an open and free experience that's what you get, you settle for it or leave and look for something that fits in your standards better.

^^This. I'm all for better team balancing and private matches, but you shouldn't just go around trying to dictate who gets to play the game or not just because you happen to have played so many other games that picking up a new one is second nature to you.

RazielOfNosgoth
19th Apr 2014, 13:17
I couldn't agree more, Vampmaster. http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Jmthebigman
19th Apr 2014, 14:34
This took the price for me today, Dont feel like playing when the players are behaving like animals or worse towards eachother without consequences.

The players that leave the game during a battle should really be punished in some way. They are abusing this as HELL now :mad:
theres a differense between not knowing the basics of the game and not knowing the basics of any game at all.
people who refuse to do teamwork and get team mates killed because of their selfish play should be yelled at, ebcause thye got no right to ruin the rest of the teams fun.

I agree with you 100% Deltajugg. honestly i've had my share of experiences were some douche sees my low hp and i need to feed and he is at full hp and just chomps on the human with me near death my entrails out there lol. or when im pounced on and that kind of crap. I'm too kind for that S!@# and even drag corpses to hurt allies and put them in corners for them to feed on so they dont get sniped. Them trolls...XD but you are definitely right on that and people need to work together more.

got that like every game... I blow reavers off my team mates but they run away when one jumps on me x.x or even worse stand still and watch the reaver kill me and then after im dead finally attack the reaver....

those type of people really get on ym nerves.

my first match in the TDM without new players was great. brilliant teamwork on both sides.
vampire - human (first round) - 30-15 yeah we won because of excellent coordination in forcing the enemy team to split up.
second round was so balanced that the time ran out at a score of 15-14.
People shared the bodies of the humans, jumped in when needed. CC'd when possible etc.

ICantPauseItMom
19th Apr 2014, 15:00
Although I don't 100% agree with everything said here, I do have something to add.
As more players come into the game, last lets say 4 days id say, I'v have seen the community... "drop".
Its not about the skill level, iv been in my fair share of games with level 1's, even with some that were bad, but its how they act.
A good example of the type of people is League of Legends, now if anyone knows their community knows what I am talking about.
They act like tards, don't play how the game is meant to be played, and are disrespectful.

With that said, its only been really minor, and I hope the community don't become crap like many others out there.

MasterShuriko
19th Apr 2014, 20:46
theres a differense between not knowing the basics of the game and not knowing the basics of any game at all.
people who refuse to do teamwork and get team mates killed because of their selfish play should be yelled at, ebcause thye got no right to ruin the rest of the teams fun.

might be too tired but I´m having a hard time reading what you meant.

Ygdrasel
19th Apr 2014, 23:30
might be too tired but I´m having a hard time reading what you meant.

He's saying if you don't play as a member of a team, in a team-based game, you suck.

I'm paraphrasing, of course. And he's right. I don't begrudge anyone getting on my case if I'm playing like this is a single-player campaign. I'll steal an execution from a wounded player on occasion. Sometimes I don't see their health, sometimes it's just second-nature to execute my own kills.

Sometimes I'm a ****ty team player. Generally it's when I have no bloody idea what the rest of the team is doing. I can't coordinate when nobody else seems to be doing so. But other times, I'm just playing kinda lousy with no real excuse. It happens, it sucks and people can say so.

I do however begrudge the people who make playing the game feel like a CoD session where some uppity 10-year-old just won't shut his trap, regardless of their reasoning.

And it'd be bad enough if they were just being ***** in the lobby but they're also doing so in the game itself, at the expense of the victory they seem so desperate to claim. Nagging and creating frustration only makes me play worse. I just ended a match on 10 deaths and 1200 damage after enduring some of these people. Now, I'm hardly the top player in the community even at my best but I'm not routinely that bad. And dividing their attention so they can play the game while also being uppity prats for no good reason only makes them play worse.

If a player's lousy, let them know. Help them improve. But just moaning and *****ing about them doesn't help anything at all. Hell, I've gained favor with a few critical players after getting better. But then there's still a handful that just immediately start being ***** without provocation as soon as I enter a match because they lost a game or two that I was in months ago. Because, you know, the best way to win a match is to instantaneously start tearing down your own team. Obviously.

And really, this whole thread could boil down to that: These people aren't playing a team game. They're playing a simulation of a schoolyard grudge. And aside from being immeasurably irritating, that is not the kind of player this game needs to be the success it needs to be to revive this series.

A good player: "Hey, guy, you're not that good. " (I.E. Black Cardinal Peaches a.k.a. Tureil)

A **** player: "Hey, guy, you're an autistic ****. [insert continued mouthy BS, thus sowing frustration and annoyance which damages the team]" (I.E. <name removed>, who will probably see this and mouth off some more about it later [as he already apparently stalks this thread awaiting my presence], serving to prove my point)

Being a prick doesn't help anybody. Being [I]helpful does.

Their comment may sting, but it doesn't need to have any impact on you at all.

I have watched you play, and you seem to understand the game fine. However I notice that you will not do actions simultaneously. You do not move and shoot. You stop attacking for a considerable time before using a skill, if at all. Your characters turn around extremely slowly. Initially myself and others were willing to give the benefit of the doubt and say it was hardware issues.

Now that you have mentioned this though, I feel no shame in sharing the fact you can be counted on to take steps to sabotage a team when someone criticizes you in any manner.

That's all good and well in theory but that isn't how humans work in practice. When someone's going to lengths to antagonize and annoy, it will have an impact. When you're frustrated, it will have an impact. It's called a tilt in poker. It's also why people hate backseat drivers.

My hardware's fine. My brain, as a point of fact, is damaged. I'm going to operate slower. I've adapted better to simultaneous actions and attempted to decrease the stops but the slowness is still there. That's just how it is.

I don't take steps to sabotage a team when someone criticizes me, though I have gladly done so when a whole bunch just start being whiny and unhelpful after one pain-in-the-neck initiates, if only to end the match sooner for all involved. I welcome criticism. I do not welcome unhelpful drivel.

Saranjivac
20th Apr 2014, 00:56
I have had quite a few crashes on load-out swap (when I press the button).

DeeArc
20th Apr 2014, 03:18
League of Legends is a perfect example of what a community shouldn't be. I tolerated two games of that cesspool attitude before uninstalling with no regrets, and I can laugh off a lot. Nosgoth's nowhere near as bad. The worst I've seen yet amounted to hilarious butt frustration. It would take the utmost in verbal abuse from well over half the player base to reach those heights.

Hyperiium
20th Apr 2014, 07:04
Damn, this really backfired on the OP.

"Someone on my team is being mean to me! I am totally going to show him by completely screwing over the rest of my team!"

Grow up, jesus.

MasterShuriko
20th Apr 2014, 10:49
He's saying if you don't play as a member of a team, in a team-based game, you suck.

I'm paraphrasing, of course. And he's right. I don't begrudge anyone getting on my case if I'm playing like this is a single-player campaign. I'll steal an execution from a wounded player on occasion. Sometimes I don't see their health, sometimes it's just second-nature to execute my own kills.

Thats one of the things That I cannot Fathom at this time.
So if a player is thrown around in the lobby like I was and isnt able to enter a single game in 3 hours time and when we finally get into a game we get yelled at to leave so that they can get a friend in? And I´m the bad player then?

Or I can tell you all what happened 3 days ago.
I was in the Human team when the vampires got a 4th member that wasnt from their premade grp. They yelled at him to leave and when he didnt want to the 3 premade grp members left. Ruining the game for 5 other people.

Minsoinch
20th Apr 2014, 11:16
Thats one of the things That I cannot Fathom at this time.
So if a player is thrown around in the lobby like I was and isnt able to enter a single game in 3 hours time and when we finally get into a game we get yelled at to leave so that they can get a friend in? And I´m the bad player then?

Or I can tell you all what happened 3 days ago.
I was in the Human team when the vampires got a 4th member that wasnt from their premade grp. They yelled at him to leave and when he didnt want to the 3 premade grp members left. Ruining the game for 5 other people.

I enter a match where it was clear from chat that a pre-made member had disconnected. As I join the during the match, I didn't mind leaving to allow their friend to rejoin. So that's what I did and re-que, only to join the exact same match again. :D

There is no guarantee that their friend will be able to re-join the match, I think it's silly to ask someone to leave. I rather the person who disconnected spend five minutes to pull out the logs and email it the devs and rejoin the next game.

[woohoo!!!!, my 30th post, put me in gamer group :D]

Vallass
20th Apr 2014, 15:20
People are stupid everywhere you go, the internet just increases their level. As to people who complain while IN game, WHO THE HELL HAS TIME? I only say things that are necessary, like team up, or keep moving. Sometimes I just say stupid things to my brother. But to sit here and tell others how terrible they are? Especially in BETA?
Comon people, we're trying to get people to WANT to play this game. If we all start going off on everyone who does poorly, this game'll be done and gone pretty quickly. Who wants to play a game where you get treated like s*&t everytime you log on? And who in their right mind would tell others to play it?
Anyhow, if they're doing bad, either play like they aren't there, or try to help them figure out what to do.

Abraracoursix
20th Apr 2014, 19:24

I'll answer to you, since you're using the very same argument than the other guys who's answered me.
If I'd have to play football with strangers, I'm sure (since I've played football with people I met a few minutes ago) I would taunt them at the very least for playing with feet (since it's football) passing the ball to the player of the opposite team or marking against their own team... willingly.

What I was talking about noobiness is people willingly splitting during the whole game as humans for example, or people never helping their friends. I can consider a player to be bad in the lower levels : those are meant to learn the basics, there is a mode just for it. Nevertheless, you can't argue people more than 20 levels are discovering the game, or trying a knew class or tactic, this is just wrong : they know the game pretty good. Thing is this kind of people usually never listens to teammates though being totally able to answer a straight "fock off" in team chat, to show they understood, but are not willing to play an other way.

This is true noobiness, this is pretty common and quite boring.

Minsoinch
21st Apr 2014, 00:15
I'll answer to you, since you're using the very same argument than the other guys who's answered me.
If I'd have to play football with strangers, I'm sure (since I've played football with people I met a few minutes ago) I would taunt them at the very least for playing with feet (since it's football) passing the ball to the player of the opposite team or marking against their own team... willingly.

Yes, so you taunt that person. I assume you pointed out the things he was doing wrong. I bet you didn't stop playing to spend 10 minutes to throw relentless insults.

What I was talking about noobiness is people willingly splitting during the whole game as humans for example, or people never helping their friends. I can consider a player to be bad in the lower levels : those are meant to learn the basics, there is a mode just for it. Nevertheless, you can't argue people more than 20 levels are discovering the game, or trying a knew class or tactic, this is just wrong : they know the game pretty good. Thing is this kind of people usually never listens to teammates though being totally able to answer a straight "fock off" in team chat, to show they understood, but are not willing to play an other way.

This is true noobiness, this is pretty common and quite boring.

Agreed, sometime good advice fall on deaf ears. There is not much you or we can do for these type of players, but at least you'd tried. I still wouldn't recommend flamming these players.

"Never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down and beat you with experience"

Ygdrasel
21st Apr 2014, 03:30
Damn, this really backfired on the OP.

Doesn't one have to have an agenda first before it can backfire? :scratch: