PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES March 26th update Feedback

SealbreakerZ
25th Mar 2014, 18:17
Just wanted to share my impressions on the newest update of Nosgoth:

- WHY do you have to update the key bindings back to default with every patch??
- Chat has become buggy as hell for me. Having to press enter (changed from t) 3 times in a row to close it? Seriously?
- Can't chat when dead. WHY?

But besides some of the visual improvements on the GUI etc. the performance seems to have improved. The game feels more responsive now I think.

-seal

cmstache
25th Mar 2014, 18:24
Chatting when dead can be abused.

Also, yes the chat does seem to be a bit buggy. I have to hit esc 2-3 times to cancel my chat window. Sometimes I have to retype it, almost like there's now an anti-spam. But, overall I feel the update is going to be great.

The new Choking Haze animation is great. It's got a sludge feel to it. Air strike gives the sentinel more options than just flying in to die (yet still keeping the damage minimum) and has a good long tell for it. Still needs a few tweaks, but this should help a lot.

And most importantly, my melees are hitting! Bravo!

Psyonix_Corey
25th Mar 2014, 18:26
Sorry about the Chat bug. It snuck into the Founder's pack build and due to time constraints with GDC happening we weren't able to fix it in time. We're working to turn around a smaller patch that fixes chat bugs and incorporates Sentinel tweaks/fixes (stairs, etc.)

Korevas
25th Mar 2014, 19:48
The new Choking Haze animation is great. It's got a sludge feel to it. Air strike gives the sentinel more options than just flying in to die (yet still keeping the damage minimum) and has a good long tell for it. Still needs a few tweaks, but this should help a lot.

Personally, I heavily dislike the new haze because it blends with the ground far too much, but other then that I like the changes. Vampires got their old auto aim restored which is good IMO.

Khalith
25th Mar 2014, 20:31
Personally, I heavily dislike the new haze because it blends with the ground far too much, but other then that I like the changes. Vampires got their old auto aim restored which is good IMO.

Agreed, considering the heavy use of dark colors on the ground already the new choking haze blends in way too much and makes it difficult to see. Please revert it back to the green color to make it more apparent!

PencileyePirate
25th Mar 2014, 20:43
Chat got more buggy? Coupled with the rocky Founders launch, this is getting ridiculous.

I get the impression that Psyonix needs to spend more time on quality control.

Psyonix_Eric
25th Mar 2014, 20:43
Agreed, considering the heavy use of dark colors on the ground already the new choking haze blends in way too much and makes it difficult to see. Please revert it back to the green color to make it more apparent!
We will be updating it to be slightly brighter than it currently is on the live server, but we are not reverting it back to what it used to be as it conflicts too much with the Alchemist's poison bomb ability.

Psyonix_Corey
25th Mar 2014, 21:09
Chat got more buggy? Coupled with the rocky Founders launch, this is getting ridiculous.

I get the impression that Psyonix needs to spend more time on quality control.

Point taken on the chat, but the Founder's Packs are all set up by Square-Enix.

cmstache
25th Mar 2014, 21:14
Team-chat is also fixed. I'll take the current bug over the last.

Khalith
25th Mar 2014, 21:51
We will be updating it to be slightly brighter than it currently is on the live server, but we are not reverting it back to what it used to be as it conflicts too much with the Alchemist's poison bomb ability.

Good to hear. It's just hard to see because of the shade of brown in the dim lighting, I found myself not noticing it a lot and initially I didn't even know what it was! Though I feel that it looks more like a corrosive sludge and not so much a poison gas. But that's besides the point, thanks Eric!

Hugbringer
26th Mar 2014, 00:57
I'm a fan of the changes so far aside from the ones that have already been brought up about chat. Haze is still annoying, but I love the way it looks now and I don't even really used it. The smoke bomb looks pretty spiffy and I can't shoot stuff through it nearly as easily as before, though Haze is easier to shoot through clearly, which I like as well.

Liking the Air Strike Bomb as well, gotten me a few double kills with it already :) Such a great tool that the Sentinel could make some good use of. I feel like I can help break up the Corner camping stalemates that happen sometimes now instead of just standing there waiting for someone else to initiate. On top of giving me something to do while I wait for my team-mates to close in.

MarinePikachu
26th Mar 2014, 02:14
After a few matches, I have enjoyed using shadowstep quite a bit (I think that is what it is called) but I think its a little too good.

-It is way too spammabled, 10 cd. Compare this to evade which is 25 and it really overshadows it.
-In addition, you are immune to all stuff even the storm bow shots.
-Furthermore, unlike evade which will take you out of battle because of it lasts like 5 seconds, the shadowstep will not take you out of battle thus you can return right after you use the spell. It does not break you out of the bolas but by the end of the shadowstep, the bola time is pretty much up and you are far enough away from the enemy anyways that they cant hurt you.

I always used evade but I cannot see a reason to use evade over shadowstep.

Razaiim
26th Mar 2014, 05:16
So I was very excited to see the new changes so here's how I feel about this update

Reaver
Roundhouse kick is awesome. Right now it feels flawless, and gives the reaver viable tools to go in headlong alongside his team. I was initially gonna say the kick + haste hits way too fast, but you deprive yourself of your better escape tools so I'm okay with it.

Shadow step, also a thing of beauty. I'm kind of on the fence about if being activatable under bola. I would rather see that on haste, and let shadow step not be usable under bola. One other gripe is that you lose all forward momentum at the end and it feels really weird just dropping after that spurt of speed

Shadow bomb: new explosion is nice

Choking Haze: Kinda surprised and not really enthused by it. I would rather the sludge effect go to the alchemist, as her skill already left a far more noticeable tar than the choking haze ever did.

Sentinel
NO MOAR TROLLY STAIRS AWWE YEAS

Airstrike: Feels to weak to replace other skills in the secondary. I feel it might have a better role in the primary slot, giving the sentinel an aerial assault or harassment role. It also still needs to be strengthened. Either higher damage or shorter cooldown.

General
Working vampire melee is the best thing ever too
Kinda disappointed the other classes didn't get any new toys to play with
Game seems much, much much laggier, but it's not ping related or internet related.
Some carazy matchmaking stuff still happening. no want 5v2 matches please.

Quick Edit: So I found some chests, but me not having credit card or stuff like that, can't get runes to get keys to open chest to get loot. Is there any other way of cracking it open or am I boned until I become a responsible adult?

Prime_Abstergo
26th Mar 2014, 08:47
Game seems much, much much laggier, but it's not ping related or internet related.

Quick Edit: So I found some chests, but me not having credit card or stuff like that, can't get runes to get keys to open chest to get loot. Is there any other way of cracking it open or am I boned until I become a responsible adult?
1. The gameplay has become much smoother BUT not in Sommerdamm. I guess some Dark Entity got control over my FPS during sessions on this particular map. I am talking about random picture and sound freezes. Please fix this.

2. Bump this question. If I have no intent to buy keys (lol who would have one if its better to get nice XP booster for same amount of RS) should I just delete it from my inventory? Any other way of utilizing chests?

Viridian24
26th Mar 2014, 09:23

Yes, make it more visible, please x.x
My first game after the update, the enemy team played four Reavers. I can't recall any of them using pounce, they didn't need to. They literally all four stayed back and bombarded us with choking haze. Could barely even see it on the floor, much less avoid it.

I don't care if it's green and looks like the Alchemist goo, or if it's purple or orange or whatever, as long as I can see it lol

RainaAudron
26th Mar 2014, 11:02
At first I´ve thought chatting while dead was disabled but it wasn´t (pressing T works while dead). You should be able to chat anytime.

I also don´t get while Multi-cannons projectiles have no blue/green shine anymore like they used to - if you look at the gun, it is loaded with blue/green projectiles, yet it fires yellow/brown?

But overall good changes on the vamps, I really like it´s playable now. Nice new animation on Choking Haze too.

cmstache
26th Mar 2014, 11:23

It's highly possible that either chests or keys will be tradable later-on. I wouldn'lt delete them until we know for sure.

Also, as far as the chat goes: You can chat anytime as long as the loadout screen isn' being displayed. Personally, I fell that death cams that follow the player are ridiculous and break immersion. I don't like them in any FPSs and I don'lt like them here. Why would the dev-team deliberately give away a stealthy vamppires position to the entire enemy team? If the vampire isn't aware of where they got shot then it'ls a skill issue. If a human can'lt track a vampire when they run off after they get pounced from a rooftop, it's a skill issue.

RainaAudron
26th Mar 2014, 11:31
Why would the dev-team deliberately give away a stealthy vamppires position to the entire enemy team?

I find the death cam useful for that purpose - and also can get some nice screenshots when observing others.

Also thanks a lot for unlocking the screen sharing on Steam, whoever is responsible :)

cmstache
26th Mar 2014, 11:37
The point it to NOT tell the whole world where the vampires are. If you want screenshot, play a video of your teammates. You should be more focused on what they are doing anyways,

RainaAudron
26th Mar 2014, 12:16
I don´t (and can´t) record when playing. By the time you respawn they might be in totally different place already so it doesn´t matter.

Btw, are functioning parties now? I was playing with Tube yesterday few times and we were in 1 team all the time, but I can´t say for sure.

Nyxios
26th Mar 2014, 13:28
- Roundhouse kick : good add but should be used as secondary ability, as a mean to escape.
- Shadow step : a good new addition, even though I think we could use it on a longer distance.
- Shadow bomb: I really like the new design of it, more epic to me.
- Choking Haze: Not enthusiast at first with the new look which much fitted the Alchemist Poison Mist, but I'm used to it now. However, I didn't recall that choking haze was previously hazardous (sigh) to vampire... I do not like the fact that vampire can also be affected by it.
- Airstrike : that is what was missing to the Sentinel, a new way to harass enemies. That makes him even more dangerous than he already was.

I hope we will soon see new abilities for the others classes in order for them to be able to compete.
I have also something to say about the Scout since the beginning : he is a little overpowered to me : invisibility, turret, super bow of doom, trap, grappling hook, volley... Alchemists and Hunter are quite weak compared to him, I hope they will strenghtened next time.

MasterFurbz
26th Mar 2014, 15:00
Loving the new update! I havent tried any of the new abilities yet, but from looking at them they seem pretty awesome.

-Chuck norris kick is very strong, great ability! I'm not sure if the stun duration is too long yet or not. I'll have to eat a couple of these with tenacity up. :p
-New shadowbomb is fantastic, great job guys. Love the inky look.
-Choking haze looks good and will look much better once it has the brighter colour palette Corey mentioned.
-Hit dectection get fixed? It sure seems like it. I can do cross-region again without losing anymore hair :D
-Shadowstep looks like a VERY interesting ability. It's definitely going to open up some options for the reaver.
-Founder's packs look pretty good. Great pricing for us in beta, thanks! A question about the booster, can it be recharged or is it gone after the 30 days?

Poppios
26th Mar 2014, 21:25
The "party" system needs to be reworked. Having stacked teams (4 level 30+ Alpha guys) vs 4 random guys (3 below 30) is not fun at all.

GenFeelGood
26th Mar 2014, 22:27
I like the new powers but the sweep kick is in the wrong place. It should be assigned to the (Q) button. It doesn't really fit with the other charge attacks like pounce or leap and mostly only seems effective with the shadow step. It looks like it would be more appropriate as something to choose over the choke haze/smoke.

Razaiim
27th Mar 2014, 00:16
I like the new powers but the sweep kick is in the wrong place. It should be assigned to the (Q) button. It doesn't really fit with the other charge attacks like pounce or leap and mostly only seems effective with the shadow step. It looks like it would be more appropriate as something to choose over the choke haze/smoke.

Kick shouldn't be used in conjunction with pounce. Can you Imagine? Pounce stuns and deals hefty damage. Kick hits in an arc, stuns and deals solid damage as well.

I haven't tried it with evade, but it works well with haste (faster kick, and lets you close the gap faster) and yes it seems to be designed with shadow step in mind.

GenFeelGood
27th Mar 2014, 01:04
Kick shouldn't be used in conjunction with pounce. Can you Imagine? Pounce stuns and deals hefty damage. Kick hits in an arc, stuns and deals solid damage as well.

Adding a pause to it, like there is when a sentinel does the primary ability after a dive bomb, wouldn't fix that?