PDA

View Full Version : pc controls in major boss battles

sir biscuit
24th Apr 2010, 21:45
:scratch:Is it only me or are others having problems during major boss battles(Scarecrow,Ivey & final Joker ). It goes from standard pc keyboard & mouse to no mouse at all ! I realise i'm a newebie to pc gaming but WTH ! I bought an xbox controller to use but it is sooo alien to me,and yes it's a legal copy w/disc bought at Frys. It seems to act as a side scroler to me. Any help is appreciated...:whistle:

riddleme
24th Apr 2010, 22:03
You are experiencing the game correctly. There are instances where you do not control the camera, but only batman. Your mouse buttons should still function, you just don't control the camera with the mouse.

Scarecrow sequences are fairly side scrollish, but not 2D. You should still be able to run up, down, left, right, or any combination of those directions. There may have been an instance or two where you were completely in sidescroll mode, I cannot remember.

Ivey boss is similar. You can control batman in any direction, but the camera stays focused on the boss.

Joker boss is the same. Your camera focus is always towards the ledge that you grapple joker off of.

sir biscuit
25th Apr 2010, 04:44
The wsad keys don't function during those nor can I control batmans direction w/mouse,only w/the arrow keys. Is that normal? I get creamed like that! Still havn't mastered the xbox controller as well as the keyboard. How hardcore games do it is beyound me(for now)!

riddleme
25th Apr 2010, 05:00
The wsad keys don't function during those nor can I control batmans direction w/mouse,only w/the arrow keys. Is that normal? I get creamed like that! Still havn't mastered the xbox controller as well as the keyboard. How hardcore games do it is beyound me(for now)!

The WSAD keys not functioning is definitely a concern. Something is not right there. Wish I could help but I haven't experienced that.

Good luck with the console controller. I played this game on my friends PS3 once and it would definitely take some getting used to.

sir biscuit
25th Apr 2010, 05:08
That's why I bought a controller,otherwise I wouldn't be having so much grief ! You should of seen how long I took to defeat scarecrow the first time w/out a controller! Hope I can figure out what's wrong soon...

Scarecrow007
25th Apr 2010, 07:21
You should use the controller because it's way more fun to play than keyboard+mouse.

sir biscuit
25th Apr 2010, 08:35
Beat the game approx 30 min ago,swapping between controller,keyboard&mouse! Got my last 4 riddles(should of done them before battle!),but it shows one voice of Arkham left?? Just an extra or one is hidden somewhere...the hunt is on !! LOVE the game even w/battle hiccups. Can't wait for AA 2 !!