PDA

View Full Version : ADVANCED tweaking of thief D.S. for small netbook

kodyo
24th Apr 2010, 19:51
OK, so before we get started, let me stat that I have read ALL threads on tweaking this game.

So I have an asus eee pc 900 netbook and I am trying to get this game to be playable. So far I have gotten the game to be between 10-15 FPS using previously stated tweaks, but I still need a tiny bit more help in getting this game playing well.

So My questions are: Can you reduce draw distances? Reduce textures even more?
Are there any other tweaking I should know of that aren't very common that will reduce this game to the bare minimum?

Thanks a ton,
Kodyo

theBlackman
24th Apr 2010, 22:29
THIEF is always low on FPS. Don't know of any fixes to help you. The minimalist project offers some tweaks to reduce the load.

Do a global here and then try WWW.TTLG.COM in the LEGACY and TECHINICAL forums under THIEF SERIES.

kodyo
25th Apr 2010, 02:35
I tried the minimalist project, but did not like the lack of a third person (unless I am mistaken). But it did run better. Thanks for the help, i'll have to tinker with it.

theBlackman
25th Apr 2010, 19:20
The Video load in all the THIEF series cause low FPS, as for 3rd person, I hate that.

Might as well watch a movie.

kodyo
26th Apr 2010, 04:43
Haha, yeah, I don't blame you on the 3rd person view aspect. I just got sick of playing 1st person on all the games I have, so decided to play 3rd person on this one.

Back on the tweaking side, do you know of anyway to get rid of Fog etc.?

This game is pitiful when it comes to tweaking video options. In half life 2 you can turn off literally anything you want and reduce draw distances, get rid of fog, get rid of the sky if you want, make things look like mario.... I wish this game had that kind of tweak potential. Because if it did, it would undoubtedly play on my little laptop.

theBlackman
26th Apr 2010, 08:30
Interesting. Most complain because they don't have the fog. In fact, if you browse the TDS and Legacy boards you'll find many tweaks to add fog.

Some cards just won't produce it without a tweak.