PDA

View Full Version : Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light key art. OMG.

Keir
22nd Apr 2010, 13:03
Hi...

Here is your first chance to see (in full size) the Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light key art. I think you'll agree Lara looks beautiful and also bad arse!

Katie_Fleming
22nd Apr 2010, 13:13
Hey, we didn't have to wait that long! Love it when that happens :D Awesome photo, this is just stunning :)

laracroft18
22nd Apr 2010, 14:02
Amazing.

vincetrlc
22nd Apr 2010, 14:31

Danielsun_
22nd Apr 2010, 17:34
Thanks Keir , tis totally awesome picture! :D her face looks alot like my gym trainer's ... i wont be able to look at my gym trainer the same way again lol

dark7angel
22nd Apr 2010, 17:41
Absolutely AWESOME!!!

Thanks Keir!

PS: When will we see a trailer? :D

Ants_27_
22nd Apr 2010, 18:13
I love it but am I the only one that loves it even more as it reminds me of something capcom (thinks its capcom?)would do?:cool:

But yeah pretty cool!

Lukass
22nd Apr 2010, 18:36
This is the BEST render of Lara Croft I have ever seen! Finally we have realistic Lara (nothing against previous Lara's portraits or in-game models).
Now it's easy to believe she is real human :)

I LOVE THE ONE WHO MADE THE PIC....I LOVE YOU UNKNOWN ARTIST!

PS: I hope it's not PC work :D lol

chriss_99
22nd Apr 2010, 19:27
Absolutely terrible!

http://gigabiting.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/yuck.jpg

But thanks for sharing anyway, good to see some new materials.

nikkinickels
22nd Apr 2010, 19:39
lara looks awesome :D

Kami
22nd Apr 2010, 21:04
Fantastic! :thumb: Who made it?

_Love2Raid_
23rd Apr 2010, 00:02
Really awesome!!!

Great translation from classic plastic to very realistic. :thumb::thumb:

LaraDownUnder
23rd Apr 2010, 04:23
yiiip! This is cool.
She's lookin pretty old here though...I guess that's only expected, the old chook's been around a while now ;)

Jason Miller
23rd Apr 2010, 04:45
Absolutely terrible!

http://gigabiting.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/yuck.jpg

But thanks for sharing anyway, good to see some new materials.

Now why would you say that? :(

yiiip! This is cool.
She's lookin pretty old here though...I guess that's only expected, the old chook's been around a while now ;)

LOL I hate it when people say that! She doesn't look old at all to me! She looks like she's in her mid-30's! Is that old??!!!!

chriss_99
23rd Apr 2010, 07:03
Now why would you say that? :(

Because I don't like it. It's just my opinion.

Max 28
23rd Apr 2010, 11:04
It is one epic render. Lara looks awesome. :D

Though when Danielsun mentioned his gym trainer I suddenly thought Lara looks kinda like the female trainer from the TV show The Biggest Loser, is Jill her name? I've only seen random episodes but still...anyone else agree? :p

Pulse
23rd Apr 2010, 15:51
This is so cool! Lara should look like that for TR9!!!

Danielsun_
23rd Apr 2010, 17:30
nah i would put that face late twenties not mid thirties :p

haha epic, Max 28 ;) i reckon Lara Croft retirment job when she gives up archeology will be a gym trainer lol we seem to think so :)

dark7angel
23rd Apr 2010, 17:46
nah i would put that face late twenties not mid thirties :p

I agree with you! :p

MaxRaider
23rd Apr 2010, 18:00
This is awesome! I love it! Totec looks so much cooler than I first expected! Lara is beautiful as always! Keep up the good work guys. :p

Danielsun_
23rd Apr 2010, 18:37
I agree with you! :p

:D great minds think alike ;)

lilhanhan
23rd Apr 2010, 19:29
haha epic, Max 28 ;) i reckon Lara Croft retirment job when she gives up archeology will be a gym trainer lol we seem to think so :)

I think she'll end up killing a few people with the training she'll make them do! I don't think she's the retiring type so she'll probably drag them into the most dangerous tomb to help her get an artefact.

It'll definitely help people to lose some weight, dodging several deadly traps and all... there's a big chance of losing your life but that's the price you have to pay for a once in a lifetime training exercise. ;)

Actually with some of the challenges I've seen on The Biggest Loser I'm surprised they haven't done something like that yet! O.O

Oh dear I've gone totally off-topic! Like I said before, Lara looks totally stunning in this new image. :)

aussie500
23rd Apr 2010, 22:03
Thanks for the nice render Keir, looking forward to seeing if any of the magazines like it us much as we do, would look great as a cover. :)

So who is the talented artist? And why is it none of these god like ancient South Americans have eye's? Qualopec had the same problem. Totec looks great anyway, hope he gets a good voice actor to live up to the image we now have of him.

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
23rd Apr 2010, 23:14
um...i know a lot of people will probably tell me something,
but i just cannot recognize Lara in this render.

don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful render, but
i guess Lara's just changing a great bit, and i can't accept it yet :(

needmorepillows
24th Apr 2010, 04:25
/wallpapered ^_^

qwerty
24th Apr 2010, 10:52
unbelivable...at least they can do great renders,thats something

qwerty
24th Apr 2010, 10:54
yiiip! This is cool.

double postin again but i dont care..this thing is the BEST thing that cd has ever created(?) and lara looks like 25 in that..who thinks this was made from a sq enix artist?i do

_Love2Raid_
24th Apr 2010, 12:46
Most likely a new artist, don't know if he/she is from SE. I have never seen an official render/artwork like this for Tomb Raider, ever.

Danielsun_
24th Apr 2010, 17:04
sweet, so a bit of in put from SE then aye? :) good stuff the art is truly amazing i hope the artist hears of the praise he/she is getting from the community tis well desevered :)

Rexie
24th Apr 2010, 17:08
Lara Croft: And the search for Totec's eye pupils.

I just couldn't let it go.

Love it! :thumb:

Pulse
24th Apr 2010, 21:17
/wallpapered ^_^

:thumb: me too

But.... does she look a little eurasian to anyone else?

MORE PLEASE

andrew90
24th Apr 2010, 22:05
This is great. She looks beautiful! I just have one question, is this game a third person shooter? I'm sorry, but I haven't been around for a long time:)

qwerty
24th Apr 2010, 22:33

was that something positive coming out of u?

the world is changin....

Danielsun_
24th Apr 2010, 22:46

Rexie said something positive?

oh o...

here comes the apocolypse

:p

qwerty
25th Apr 2010, 08:50
omg people..in the greatness of the render we havent noticed the obvious:boob size decrease!!!

Danielsun_
25th Apr 2010, 10:23
:O!!!! :EEK: baaad times what is she now a 36 c she used to be a DD :(

Pulse
25th Apr 2010, 20:38
I can't tell if you guys are serious....
Who cares, they're still HUGE!!

EDIT:

This Lara looks much better to be honest. I'm so glad her nose is looking bigger. In Underworld it was just way too small.

Danielsun_
25th Apr 2010, 20:53
naaah they are normal, average, nothing special, they aint huge

her normal ones are though :p

Jurre
25th Apr 2010, 21:53
Its a terrific piece of art. I think she's looking splendid and all the feminine curves and other extremities are well-proportioned...

Anatomically speaking, Tloltec doesn't look that much like a native Mexican to me though, I think he's too caucasian.

aussie500
25th Apr 2010, 22:32
I can't tell if you guys are serious....
Who cares, they're still HUGE!!

EDIT:

This Lara looks much better to be honest. I'm so glad her nose is looking bigger. In Underworld it was just way too small.

After all those games you only noticed Lara's nose is too small in TRU? It has always been too small. Lara's face like some of her other proportions have never been realistic till this render. Does not mean the game model in TR9 is suddenly going to be realistic but at least there is hope.

Kami
26th Apr 2010, 21:58
Totec definitely looks hot, I can feel a new high-tide of smut fanfics :rasp:

Pulse
27th Apr 2010, 23:10
After all those games you only noticed Lara's nose is too small in TRU? It has always been too small. Lara's face like some of her other proportions have never been realistic till this render. Does not mean the game model in TR9 is suddenly going to be realistic but at least there is hope.

No. I know her nose has always been small. But in Underworld it was just ugly how small it was....

Jason Miller
28th Apr 2010, 21:17
Because I don't like it. It's just my opinion.

Well, I detest your opinion. :)

John Akam
29th Apr 2010, 02:01
Something's a bit...off

chriss_99
29th Apr 2010, 07:42
Well, I detest your opinion. :)

I couldn't care less. :)

Pulse
29th Apr 2010, 08:05
Something's a bit...off

Could it be the position(?) with them crouched and Lara's hand cut off?

or Totec looking more caucasian than... what is he supposed to be? Mayan?

or Lara looking slightly asian (I don't want to sound racist because I promise I'm not. it's just she looks a little bit asian to me. I'm not going to turn into a crazy fan screaming "Square Enix made Lara more asian looking!!! I knew it this is asian final fantasy stuff! They're ruining Tomb Raider!!" I'm sure it's just a coincidence.... okay end of rant"

Danielsun_
29th Apr 2010, 18:20
and thats when i decided Pulse was awesome :D epic, lol

but imo she doesnt look asian they have just made her eyes more normal, Eidos even said themselves that lara has always had abnormally large legs and eyes for her size but definatly agree about the totec bit...maybe he was a mayan he didnt go out in the sun :p

Jason Miller
29th Apr 2010, 20:30
I couldn't care less. :)

Honestly? I don't think so. :)

_Love2Raid_
29th Apr 2010, 23:03
I still think (hope) that this is a piece of something much bigger...:D

(And Jason Miller, chill man. :hmm:)

sanjosalt
30th Apr 2010, 01:41
For everyone who doubts that a traditional TR isn't coming down the pipe: just relax. It IS.

In the meantime, enjoy the minigame for the pleasant diversion that it is.

As for Lara being hot or not hot, just remember, while she may be going on 35, she's the hottest Cougar in the known video game universe.

LARA IS MY COUGAR ! MEOW!

Pulse
30th Apr 2010, 06:14
and thats when i decided Pulse was awesome :D epic, lol

but imo she doesnt look asian they have just made her eyes more normal, Eidos even said themselves that lara has always had abnormally large legs and eyes for her size but definatly agree about the totec bit...maybe he was a mayan he didnt go out in the sun :p

Aw :D:flowers:

Yes. He looks ancient. Perhaps he's just been chillin inside the temple for the past few centuries. :thumb:

_Love2Raid_
30th Apr 2010, 15:33
Hey, I just found out who made it!

Michael Komarck.

Just in case people wanted to know. :)

qwerty
30th Apr 2010, 15:40
is he a cd employee?

Ants_27_
30th Apr 2010, 15:47
is he a cd employee?

I don't think he is... I think he's worked alongside a few people like sony so I think he is probably freelance kinda thing.

Don't quote me on that cause the site didn't say yes or no like.:scratch:

_Love2Raid_
30th Apr 2010, 16:14
No idea. I think they probably hired him to make it. :scratch:

tombraidergal
1st May 2010, 14:53
I like this picture, it seems very realistic. :)

Danielsun_
1st May 2010, 17:19
kudos to Mark Komarck :)

dark7angel
1st May 2010, 17:49
I checked out that Michael Komarck's art gallery and he has some pretty awesome stuff!!! Great artist!!! :cool:

merie
3rd May 2010, 18:23
I like it, it's verrrry realistic. I agree she should look close to that in TR9! At first she remined me of Milla Jovovich though (don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing). :)

gracemillian
4th May 2010, 10:40
OK, I've been a Tomb Raider fan right from the Tomb Raider Chronicles game and I have seen the game getting only better from that point onwards - graphics, gameplay, music, animation and LARA CROFT herself. The models used for making out beloved Lara Croft WERE NOT THE FINAL LARA CROFT! In this case, she looks like a model herself rather than the LARA CROFT we've come to love..

I'm terribly terribly disappointed and I know that it won't matter to you (guys at Eidos), but seriously, I've heard the gameplay of this upcoming title and I swear if the overal product is not close or equal to the previous titles, I'll never buy a Tomb Raider again.

PS: The game sounds a LOT like Resident Evil 5 - Areawise, tribals... probably even the un-dead/zombies!!! I thought Eidos was original...

gracemillian
4th May 2010, 10:43
I like it, it's verrrry realistic. I agree she should look close to that in TR9! At first she remined me of Milla Jovovich though (don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing). :)

Dude are you sure? She doesn't resemble MILLA JOVOVICH at ALL! And if she did, it would be a BAD thing, we know Lara Croft as LARA CROFT not Milla Jovovich or Karima Abedide!

lilhanhan
4th May 2010, 14:35
OK, I've been a Tomb Raider fan right from the Tomb Raider Chronicles game and I have seen the game getting only better from that point onwards - graphics, gameplay, music, animation and LARA CROFT herself. The models used for making out beloved Lara Croft WERE NOT THE FINAL LARA CROFT! In this case, she looks like a model herself rather than the LARA CROFT we've come to love..

I'm terribly terribly disappointed and I know that it won't matter to you (guys at Eidos), but seriously, I've heard the gameplay of this upcoming title and I swear if the overal product is not close or equal to the previous titles, I'll never buy a Tomb Raider again.

PS: The game sounds a LOT like Resident Evil 5 - Areawise, tribals... probably even the un-dead/zombies!!! I thought Eidos was original...

Calm down there's nothing to worry about, it's a spin-off game meaning that it's not going to have the same gameplay mechanics of the main series. In a way this is a good thing because people who got bored of the franchise may find this game new and interesting.

And as for being the same as Resi 5, I can easily say that there's absolutely no similarities. I don't remember a ancient Mayan warrior helping a archaeologist claim back a mirror artefact in that game... Although, I do remember African villages suffering from bio-hazardous side effects by being involved with a couple of evil pharmaceutical laboratories. May I ask how those plots are similar? Or have I been playing the wrong version of Resident Evil 5? ^.^;

dark7angel
4th May 2010, 15:02
Calm down there's nothing to worry about, it's a spin-off game meaning that it's not going to have the same gameplay mechanics of the main series. In a way this is a good thing because people who got bored of the franchise may find this game new and interesting.

And as for being the same as Resi 5, I can easily say that there's absolutely no similarities. I don't remember a ancient Mayan warrior helping a archaeologist claim back a mirror artefact in that game... Although, I do remember African villages suffering from bio-hazardous side effects by being involved with a couple of evil pharmaceutical laboratories. May I ask how those plots are similar? Or have I been playing the wrong version of Resident Evil 5? ^.^;

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

gracemillian
5th May 2010, 14:36
I get your point but you see, I love this game series sooooooooo much that i'm REALLY worried...

Max 28
6th May 2010, 11:38
Don't worry. I doubt if the effects of the game aren't good (which I doubt) it will harm the franchise. :)

merie
8th May 2010, 19:23
Dude are you sure? She doesn't resemble MILLA JOVOVICH at ALL! And if she did, it would be a BAD thing, we know Lara Croft as LARA CROFT not Milla Jovovich or Karima Abedide!

Oh no, it was just for a few seconds when I saw the pic for the very first time, maybe the angle or something or the pose made me think about her, but upon looking at the pic more carefully, nah I don't see it anymore. And I know our Lara is our Lara and not some Milla Jovovich girl... Believe me I know that!

BTW, I'm not a dude. ;)

fonz
16th May 2010, 19:27
wow amazin, thanks