PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Nosgoth has stopped working

PsychoticHamster
16th Nov 2013, 07:00
I downloaded the client and it says installing msi.exe but then goes to the message "Nosgoth has stopped working", these are the details

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Nosgoth.exe
Application Version: 1.0.10246.0
Application Timestamp: 5286cddb
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18229
Fault Module Timestamp: 51fb1116
Exception Code: 00000001
Exception Offset: 0000c41f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: f7c1
Additional Information 2: f7c192d816f50e8f5a83da2305a86ac6
Additional Information 3: 5b54
Additional Information 4: 5b5442ffb07ffb68159ff269793ab46c

If tried verifying the cache, which found no problems. I'm going to try re-installing to see if that works.

WNxArcticwolf
16th Nov 2013, 15:17
I have the exact same problem.

hirukaru
16th Nov 2013, 15:57
Please send a report to the dev team. At my bug list there is a link to a post made by a mod go to that post and file a rapport, the way stated in the topic.

WNxArcticwolf
16th Nov 2013, 17:16
I looked the file up and its to do with the windows installer.

Jeffers
16th Nov 2013, 19:51
I've had this at work before with various programs (and it's a right pain to try and figure out exactly what is causing the issue).

I'll need to dig out my notes and see whether I wrote down the solution in each case or not, I probably didn't. You can try this however which might help out:

Open a windows command prompt as an administrator (can be found All Programs -> Accessories on Windows 7 or type cmd in the search box in either Windows 7 / Windows 8 and right click on either cmd or command prompt and choose Run as Administrator)
From this administrative command rpompt type
sfc /scannow which will scan the Windows System Files and check all are ok

If I find my notes I'll post back if I think anything else will help.

WNxArcticwolf
16th Nov 2013, 20:48
The scan found corrupt files and has repaired them. Yet i still get the message that game stopped working.

Jeffers
16th Nov 2013, 23:13
I'll try and find my notes on Monday then and let you know. :)

Jeffers
17th Nov 2013, 13:47
Just been thinking about this a bit more and probably going along the wrong route however might be worth a stab.

If you go to your Steam install directory (either C:\program files\steam or c:\program files (x86)\steam depending on whether you've got 32bit/64bit version of windows) then within there go into steamapps and then nosgoth, you'll see a folder called _CommonRedist which contains 3 folders.

I'd ignore the directX folder, but go into the PhysX and vcredist and manually run both of those installers and see if they both complete successfully and then try installing Nosgoth again after that to see if it help anything. The vcredist has 2 files within it, x86 and x64. I'm pretty sure you if you went into the Program Files (x86) then you will need to install both of them, if you just went into Program Files then you will just need to run the x86 version.

WNxArcticwolf
17th Nov 2013, 21:40
i did that and still the same problem.

HiresX
9th Dec 2013, 23:13
I also have this problem I run
windows vista 64 bit and I get the appcrash bug each time I've attempted using the installs inside the game folder I've deleted redownloaded the game I've double checked my system files as well as updating all drivers again to make sure they are all good. I restarted my computer and my steam and the game continues to crash.

SqueexID
27th Jan 2014, 21:37
Nosgoth Crashed as I was focusing in with my bow, lost all sound and screen froze, then got some sound back for a split second, then got Nosgoth has stopped responding. Looking for games ATM and there seems to be no servers already made. Possible game wide crash? (Sorry, no game name)

Edit: Was able to get back in, other players did not state that they crashed.

Sekuiya
28th Jan 2014, 00:05
The moment you typed that, there were no servers on. Currently there are NA servers up. Check this page (http://www.nosgoth.com/servers) to know when the servers are up.
Since this is a Closed Alpha servers aren't always up.

Also, check "Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs". Usually there's a log there pertain crashes (check time and date of the file). Might be useful to save said logs and send them to the devs.

SqueexID
28th Jan 2014, 17:14
I will be sure to grab that log, thanks!

Malcoda
6th Mar 2014, 18:01
Hello All,

Apologies if this is something simple, however, I got into the beta today, installed the game and went to play it from my steam library. It's there, was able to install, but when I click to load the game it says "Preparing to load" then nothing happens. I have tried uninstalling and installing again, I disabled all background apps, rebooted windows and disabled my antivirus with no luck.

Is anyone else having an issue loading the game or is there a fix somewhere that I am missing?

RainaAudron
6th Mar 2014, 18:30
Hmm.. are you admin on your pc? What are your pc specs? What operating system do you have?

Malcoda
6th Mar 2014, 18:46
I have Windows 7 Ultimate, I am administrator and I even tried reinstalling Steam. No luck.

Kushiize
8th Mar 2014, 02:55
I have the same issue.

Malcoda
8th Mar 2014, 04:21
No answer at all? Has no one got a fix for this yet?

hirukaru
8th Mar 2014, 04:27
No answer at all? Has no one got a fix for this yet?

You cannot expect for the community to answer within a few days.
Please give us and the devs some more time to see if we can think of a solution.

It would have been better if you have said: I bump this thread because I wonder if someone is still looking into this.
Instead of No answer at all?
I think people are checking things out to find to solve it.

If help does not come before monday try to contact the dedicated technical support (support.eu.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=8821)

Malcoda
9th Mar 2014, 05:23
Thank you for the reply, I am happy that someone is looking into the issue.

Malcoda
10th Mar 2014, 06:23
Bumping this again, is there anything else needed from me to try and find a solution to the problem? It seems I am not the only one completely unable to access the game.

pomp101
12th Mar 2014, 23:50
i cant get the game to do anything, when i click on "play" i get an error stating "Nosgoth has stopped working" - i have put in a suppot ticket, just have to wait now

FUMBLESSSS
24th Mar 2014, 21:33
after trying to launch or play at all the message will appear from windows that nosgoth has stopped working and or crashed, it says it will attempt to fix the problem but it never works. it said that it may help if i launch the app in administration mode or if i give it special permission to launch. need help please tell me how to fix this.

cmstache
25th Mar 2014, 01:01
Reinstall it, it should fix the issue.

Bazak12
25th Mar 2014, 02:50
i recommend putting in a ticket, me and multiple others are having the same issue and reinstalling does nothing for us neither did the first suggestion from customer support of reinstalling drivers so at the moment we are just awaiting some new breakthrough.

though i would attempt a reinstall just in case your issue is not exactly the same and the drivers if that does not work. (i have tried various combinations and orders of uninstallation of nosgoth and my graphics card drivers and it has not worked, though again, it cant hurt to try.)

WhiteFlameKyo
25th Mar 2014, 10:23
You could also try adding Nosgoth.exe (default path: x:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\Binaries\Win32) to DEP exceptions. If you don't know how to do it, just google "dep exceptions".

Sheriff_Turtle
31st Mar 2014, 03:40
When I try to start the game, it doesn't even start. I press play, it has the little start thing, then it goes to a black screen. I then get the message "Nasgoth has stopped working..." I spent 20 dollars on this, so I'd like an answer as soon as possible.
Thanks!

__Ozzy
20th Apr 2014, 12:11
I download game in steam, but i cant open! Click on game and nothing happened, see in ctrl+alt+delete have process but havent game and cant delete process! Help!:(
Sry for my english im russian :D

lucinvampire
20th Apr 2014, 19:01
Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues, so the game is showing in your Steam library but it won't open when you click on it? Have you tried uninstalling through Steam? It might be best to uninstall and re-install and see if that does anything. If this does not work then I would suggest contacting the SE support centre https://support.nosgoth.com/system/templates/selfservice/nosgoth/#!portal/1001

Shioro
25th Apr 2014, 04:27
Like the title says, i open the game and when it says syncing profile it always crashes "Nosgoth has stopped working".

I played 1 match and when i started the second one it crashed, since then it always crashes on the syncing profile message. I have tried to reinstall and stuff but nothing seems to work here. :mad:

Shioro
25th Apr 2014, 19:51
Well, i do hope i get help from the dev. team asap. cause i was rly enjoying this game when it worked :(

Psyonix_Corey
25th Apr 2014, 21:29
We have had this reported before but it seems to be exclusive to specific Steam accounts and we don't have one in house that produces the behavior.

We are working to get one so we can solve this issue. I'm sorry we don't have a solution just yet but you are not being ignored.

Shioro
26th Apr 2014, 02:27
Okay, good to know that u r working on it. :)

Darkgodx
26th Apr 2014, 04:47
Mines doing this too, Only now I can't by pass it like I used too. I already sent report logs about a week ago now with no reply to even acknowledge my mail. My Immortal bonus is about to expire and I hardly have been able to use it...

Lunestah
26th Apr 2014, 13:37
I too am having this issue... and my booster is also running out. please fix soon

Bazak12
27th Apr 2014, 22:39
i have this problem and reported it in a ticket a while back, but since the last suggestion didn't work have received no updates, so it is nice to know you are still working on it. i have found a workaround in the meantime i created a secondary user account on my computer with admin privileges and it works when im logged in to my steam account on that account figured id say something in case it helps (i run windows 7).

Laykilla
28th Apr 2014, 06:01
So when I launch Nosgoth it opens, plays the videos, says "Connecting to Online Suite" and then says "Syncing your profile" and it crashes here every time without failure.

I dual boot Windows 7 and 8 [windows 8 is a fresh install] so I installed it on windows 8 and it crashed at the same spot.

I've tried reinstalling the redistributables, Direct X, .Net Frame work 2010, etc, even tried running in compatibility mode with every possible combination, and with Disable Visual Themes & Desktop Composition.

I've tried deleting the config files, I've even forced it into window mode with alt+enter before it crashed and it still crashes.

I've updated my video drivers -- I've literally done everything, the issue is not with my software, it's got to be with my hardware configuration.

I've put in a support ticket, not as detailed as this, since obviously I've been trying to get it working ever since I put the ticket in.

I've also redownloaded the game in it's entirety and validated the cache files.

I put the support ticket in almost immediately which was over 12 hours ago and it's still not been addressed.

I looked for this issue on the net, and I only saw one other thread on the official Nosgoth steam forums where on other person had this issue. So I posted I was having it too, another person replied and said the following...

They have been able to reproduce this bug. Working on a fix already. except I can't find this information anywhere, so I'm not sure where he found this...

It should be stickied here in the Technical Support forums, however I feel like it's most likely this statement was made on a social media platform which is not exactly the most user friendly way to address severe crashes like this one.

Thanks,

Please fix it fast, so I don't feel like I wasted my 20$.

Samzor1
28th Apr 2014, 17:53
I have the exact same thing as you! I can start the game but it crashes on exactly the same place as you, i can't find any information on it anywhere though :/ I'm running windows 7 though.

Psyonix_Corey
28th Apr 2014, 18:22
Hi,

There seems to be an issue with specific Steam accounts. Unfortunately we cannot reproduce it here at the office because we don't possess an account that exhibits this behavior. But this is a very high priority for us to identify and fix.

Samzor1
28th Apr 2014, 23:48
Which basically means you aren't really looking at it you're focussing on the errors that more people are encountering? :)

Psyonix_Corey
29th Apr 2014, 00:41
Which basically means you aren't really looking at it you're focussing on the errors that more people are encountering? :)

No, it means we're busting our asses to get access to a Steam account that will actually reproduce the bug.

jippyz
29th Apr 2014, 00:45
The game crashes on "Syncing your profile... " any reasons that would happen?

SageRhyme
29th Apr 2014, 00:51
The game crashes on "Syncing your profile... " any reasons that would happen?

Same exact thing is happening to me, I sent a support ticket in, they sent back;

Hello Mike,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

Please attempt the following, in order to troubleshoot your connection issue:

Unplug all network connection, leave it powered off for 15 minutes, then plug everything back in.

Attempt to plug directly into your modem.

Ensure there are no pop-up or script blockers.

Temporarily disable your firewall/anti-virus program.

If you are still running into this issue after these steps, please reply back with an exact error message/code, and what occurs when you receive this message..
Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre Team

It's like they didn't even read the ticket, talking about my "connection issue" when it has nothing to do with connecting, it connects just fine -- it says "Connection Successful" in the .log.

My original ticket had a screenshot of the crash and all the crash codes with the exact error message detailing what occurs when I received the error message.

It does seem like they are working on it now though -- I suspect this is corrupted files on the server side, so something is likely setup wrong somewhere. They just asked me all my SE information so they can look at my account, so I think they're on the right track. If this is the case, you'll definitely have to issue a support ticket, since it sounds like it'll have to be handled on a case by case basis.

I submitted my ticket yesterday, just for records sake.

And I also still cannot access the closed beta forums.

/Shakes head.

*Edit*
I'm uploading a video so the tech team can see exactly what's happening, will post that here when it's finished as well.

6Abra-h8EfA&hd=1

jippyz
29th Apr 2014, 01:58
We seem to be having the same problem, i hope they find out soon. Is there a big thread about it that i can check if they find anything?

SageRhyme
29th Apr 2014, 02:06
No sir. There was only my thread -- which got moved into the "I can't access the closed beta forums" thread, even though it has nothing to do with that, and one other thread in the steam forums, and one post on the official facebook.

So this is officially the "big" thread...

Can I ask you a couple questions?

Did you have a Square Enix ID prior to attempting to play the game? Or did you just purchase on steam and launch?

Was your copy a "gift" from another steam user?

Do you have access to the Closed beta forums?

When you click "My profile" is nosgoth listed in your "registered" games section?

What operating system are you running? Does it have service packs installed?

Thanks in advance.

jippyz
29th Apr 2014, 02:23
The game is not registred in my profile im running windows 7 and i don't know about the service packs. I bought the game on steam a month ago. It was crashing maybe 1/2 the time but now its everytime.

SythicDeath
29th Apr 2014, 03:05
Ok i had a similar post but it was either moved to the private fourms or it just gone but i bought the game on steam and downloaded it and it said connection to suite was unable disable the firewall software didnt work. Restarted steam and my computer didnt work. Tried to go to the private fourms but it wont like me because i dont have access so i have screen shots of me having the game and it loading etc. file:///C:/Users/CaraG/Downloads/Screen%20shot%201.png file:///C:/Users/CaraG/Downloads/Screenshot_2.png file:///C:/Users/CaraG/Downloads/Screenshot%203.png file:///C:/Users/CaraG/Downloads/Screen%20shot%204.png file:///C:/Users/CaraG/Downloads/Screen%20shot%205.png file:///C:/Users/CaraG/Downloads/Screen%20shot%206.png Hope this show some proof and i hope someone can help me on this pls i really want to play the game

SythicDeath
29th Apr 2014, 03:10
Sorry for the edits had to Fix the links to the screenshots Also dont move this to the private forums i cant access them =(

SageRhyme
29th Apr 2014, 03:12
You just shot all my theories out of the theory tank. Now I officially have zero idea why this is happening....

M3talbreath
29th Apr 2014, 07:40
eeem guys I had a similar problem, Only mine was saying that "Unable to connect bla bla disable your firewall"

But I fixed it. how? Please follow the steps:

Step 1: Get Bored

Step 2: Get frustrated

Step 3: when it loads hit the Esc Button over and over again for no reason

Step 4: Enjoy the game

This amazing technique worked for me. Please Donate on my name for my hard work for unbagging the connection issue :P

lucinvampire
29th Apr 2014, 08:24
Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues.

The threads were moved over to the Beta forum as it is regarding access to the game - there is a big thread over there on it relating to the issue.

If you do not currently have access to the Beta forums to be able to report bugs then - please try signing out of the forum - clearing your cache and then signing back in. If after this you still cannot access the forums then please send a screenshot of your in game screen (anywhere that shows your name - think this is on the load screen as where you're having issues) and send this via PM to Xenonetix. He should then be able to check you access.

I believe from the other thread this connectivity issue tends to relate to a firewall (windows firewall and additional ones), please try disabling these and see if it makes any difference. There are a few people experiencing this at the moment so it could be something else.

I had the issue a long time ago and I just kept loading the game until it would let me in...similar to M3talbreath fix :D

SageRhyme
29th Apr 2014, 10:12
Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues.

The threads were moved over to the Beta forum as it is regarding access to the game - there is a big thread over there on it relating to the issue.

If you do not currently have access to the Beta forums to be able to report bugs then - please try signing out of the forum - clearing your cache and then signing back in. If after this you still cannot access the forums then please send a screenshot of your in game screen (anywhere that shows your name - think this is on the load screen as where you're having issues) and send this via PM to Xenonetix. He should then be able to check you access.

I believe from the other thread this connectivity issue tends to relate to a firewall (windows firewall and additional ones), please try disabling these and see if it makes any difference. There are a few people experiencing this at the moment so it could be something else.

I had the issue a long time ago and I just kept loading the game until it would let me in...similar to M3talbreath fix :D

This issue is not firewall issue, this is not a problem connecting, this is a HARD CRASH TO DESKTOP -- windows firewall is off and there is no other firewall outside of the router in which I'm DMZ host with static nat, as always -- crash to desktop!

I've got 25 minutes logged as playing time on steam, and it's from starting the game over for 5 seconds each attempt, it's crashed hundreds of times, it's never not crashed.

I even posted a video of it. Seriously.

lucinvampire
29th Apr 2014, 10:38
This issue is not firewall issue, this is not a problem connecting, this is a HARD CRASH TO DESKTOP -- windows firewall is off and there is no other firewall outside of the router in which I'm DMZ host with static nat, as always -- crash to desktop!

I've got 25 minutes logged as playing time on steam, and it's from starting the game over for 5 seconds each attempt, it's crashed hundreds of times, it's never not crashed.

I even posted a video of it. Seriously.

Please see this thread: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12897

SageRhyme
29th Apr 2014, 11:03
Please see this thread: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12897

vBulletin Message
SageRhyme, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I can't see that thread. I PM'd Xenonetix too, hours ago. I logged out, cleared my cache, no dice. He wants us to PM screenshots of the lobby, I can't even get to the lobby.

You see what's happening yet?

Support is currently not working.

That thread should be moved to Technical Support, since it's a technical support issue. That way, we'd get to see it, since we keep getting forwarded to it.

SageRhyme
29th Apr 2014, 18:59
Hello Mike,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

After looking over the files that you provided it is possible that there may be an issue with the installation of Visual C++ 2010 that you currently have installed.
Please try using the add/remove programs to remove the Visual C++2010 ERdistributatlbe and once that has been done please re-install it using the files
located in this directory :

\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010

Once that has been done please try verifying the integrity of the game cache in Steam. To do this, please follow the steps outlined below:

1. Right click on the game in your Steam library, then select 'Properties'.
2. Click on the 'Local Files' tab.
3. Then select 'Verify Integrity Of Game Cache'.

If you still have issues please do not hesitate to contact us again.

My reply

I already did this long before even contacting support. Below is everything I've tried before even contacting the support centre.

I've uninstalled -> reinstalled all the redistributables. .net framework, Visual Studio 2010, Direct X.
I've redownloaded the game 4 times already from different steam download servers [by changing my steam download region.]
I've verified the integrity of the game cache. I've created another partition, installed Windows 8.1 fresh and it still crashes.
I've tried every combination of compatibility mode, I've disabled visual themes and desktop composition, I've run it as administrator.
I've uninstalled the most recent beta nVidia Drivers and replaced them with the latest WHQL certified driver.
I've uninstalled nvidia physX, and installed the one from the Nosgoth common redistributables folder
[which IS indeed older than the one I already had, I've since replaced it.] I installed all the windows updates,
every single last one of them including the "optional" ones with the exception of alternative language packs.
I've installed Windows 7 Service Pack 1. I've physically removed all my USB Devices outside of my mouse and keyboard
[all of my game controllers/fightsticks/sound devices.] I've forced the game into window mode with alt+enter before it crashes -->
Restarted the game after the crash, it starts in a window and still crashes.
I've deleted the /mygames/nosgoth folders with the .ini, .log, .dmp files and it still crashes.

I've never had a game that crashed that I couldn't fix unless it was a problem with the actual game code.
I guess the only thing left to do, is hex edit the executable, find the reference hex codes and see what calls they pertain to.
Which is what you guys should have done instantly when I submitted my support ticket with the following crash message information;

[Original Crash Message With Stock Windows 7]
Problem signature:
Application Timestamp: 5355fb38
Fault Module Name: MSVCR100.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.40219.325
Fault Module Timestamp: 4df2be1e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000101d0
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Additional Information 3: 5c88
Additional Information 4: 5c88801a3f2820d2416008aeafa73742

[Crash Message With Windows 7 Service Pack 1 + All available Windows Updates.]
Problem signature:
Application Timestamp: 5355fb38
Fault Module Name: MSVCR100.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.40219.325
Fault Module Timestamp: 4df2be1e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000101d0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Additional Information 3: 5c88
Additional Information 4: 5c88801a3f2820d2416008aeafa73742

Fatal error!
Address = 0x71c901d0 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR100.dll]
Address = 0x1bb5fde (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\Binaries\Win32\Nosgoth.exe]
Address = 0x1bb61aa (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\Binaries\Win32\Nosgoth.exe]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've verified that MSCVR100.dll is indeed in C:\Windows\system32, and obviously the game binaries are there too, or the game wouldn't launch,

steam would give the error "The game executable is missing or cannot be found" and it would redownload them.

I've actually deleted the executable just to cause it to reacquire it from the steam servers. It still crashes.

I have 44 other games installed on this machine right now and 0 of those crash. Many of them Unreal Engine 3 DX9 games.

So, I've uninstalled UDK and Sonic GDK also and obviously this still didn't work.

[I already knew it wouldn't because it crashed on the fresh install of Windows 8.1 on a separate and brand new partition.]

This is looking to NOT be a problem on my end. What I need you guys to do, is tell me exactly what the process is when the game attempts to "Sync your Profile."

Is it pulling information from Nosgoth servers and then relaying that to my client, or is it pulling information from my client and saving it to the Nosgoth server?

My hypothesis is that my "Profile" is corrupt on your server. I think I know why too.

So me and 2 other friends bought Nosgoth at the same time, they both had Square Enix Accounts because they were Final Fantasy XIV players --

so they just linked their steam profiles with those accounts before they started the game.

I however didn't have a square enix account, nor did I realize you needed one, so -- naturally I just downloaded the game on steam and tried to execute it.

After reading the FAQ's it's apparent that a Sqaure Enix ID is in fact required. I'm betting it has something to do with this.

I told the chat representative that I've tried literally everything I could think of before even contacting the support centre.

So if the game is crashing on an absolutely fresh format and install of windows, it's not a software related problem.

If my hardware works properly for literally every other piece of software loaded on this hard drive, than it's not my hardware --

unless there is a problem with the game code specifically with the hardware configuration I'm currently using.

The only thing I didn't try yet, was installing it on a totally separate machine, which I can and will also do today.

It's my hypothesis that it's going to crash on that other machine, because I think what's causing the crash is the fetch call for the profile information

it's attempting to "Sync." I need you guys to try wiping out whatever files are associated with my account on the live game servers that

handle the profile information.

Thanks in advance.

We have had this reported before but it seems to be exclusive to specific Steam accounts and

we don't have one in house that produces the behavior.

We are working to get one so we can solve this issue. I'm sorry we don't have a solution just yet but you are not being ignored.

*Edit*
Psyonix now has access to one of these accounts, so they should be able to make headway on this issue in the near future. Have a little more patience guys.

*Edit 2*
They are actively working on a fix, no time table, but it is currently being worked on.

Psyonix_Corey
29th Apr 2014, 22:38
We have identified the crash and are fast tracking a fix thanks to SageRhyme and Bazak12. They will be rewarded for their efforts.

Not 100% sure yet, but we think it has something to do with one of your friends having a Steam avatar causing some unexpected data to crash the game. It may require a friend with an old, out of date Steam avatar that doesn't conform to size expectations.

SageRhyme
29th Apr 2014, 23:38
I'm not convinced it's related to an old avatar -- but yes, it was definitely a friends list issue -- So I went and dumped my friendslist to a text file, and started deleting them one by one and trying to launch.

I was down to players that had been online in the last 20 hours all of them had new avatars that were properly sized, and I removed someone with a name full of "leet" characters and it started right up. It printed in my notepad as if I didn't have the font, hollow boxes.

If this helps anybody.

[I even removed my own avatar for testing purposes.]

Thanks for the zeal Corey -- massive respect to you Psyonix guys.

{I am in and playing}

Tripleblack
30th Apr 2014, 01:30
Went through and cleaned out my friends list of all the people who had been offline more than 14 days and anyone with a long name or anything. (I checked their names for boxes in notepad) Still getting crashes.

Had a friend with a name with a period in it. his name was spelled like this TB.FakeName after deleting him that solved my issues. Hope this helps

Lunestah
2nd May 2014, 02:32
I'm not gonna delete my whole friends list just to play...

Adran06
24th May 2014, 09:43
So, when I try to open Nosgoth (my first time running the game since I got a key during the stream), a window pops up briefly saying "Performing first time setup".... and then the window closes within a second or so, and nothing happens. And it keeps happening every time I try to run the game. Help?

Adran06
25th May 2014, 07:52
So, slight expansion to the original post, to help provide more info. The above is the issue I encounter trying to run the game the normal way (via Steam). If I try to run it via the actual .exe file, it gives an actual error with a code: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application. Some internet research suggested reinstalling the game might fix the problem (it's occurred with other games before), but this failed as well, so I'm back to hoping someone here can fix it.

Also, for some reason it wouldn't let me edit my post....

anwmalos
26th May 2014, 04:16
I can't say if my PC is responsible for these MASSIVE crash/app-stop-working errors but maybe you should just know it. I lowered graphics, doesn't matter. It seems to be random, which means maybe I run out of memory, but game is working just fine even with HIGH+ graphics options. I didn't have this when I begun playing (yesterday), i have these errors a little later :P.

Here are my PC specs: 4gb RAM DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5700, 3.9GHz 6 core AMD FX6350 processor, 500+ mb video card memory, 32-bit OS. PC BIOS and Drivers updated recently (2 days ago) along with Windows updates.

I think my specs can manage actually but you can tell me if that's true.

So far so good BTW, no other issues noticed in this game like bugs or glitches.
I hope to see more modes in the future :D (too early for that though :P).

anwmalos
26th May 2014, 11:25
It's much better with lower graphics, so I guess it's my fault. Sorry about the trouble.

BattleTanxxxx
28th May 2014, 16:07
I was mid game when all of a sudden the entire screen froze up, I couldn't move nothing was changing,. I could still access the text chat, and the menu screen, I waited for about 5 minutes before leaving the game and then I got stuck at the link steam account screen(I do not know why I keep getting that every time I log in or finish a match because it says account successfully linked every time), except this time, in which I sat there for ten minutes while it tried to link the account,(I have linked 30 times now) and then I was finally able to get out of the menu.

ViperXVII
28th May 2014, 19:37
Hi, my friend's comp keeps crashing upon launching the game from steam,

he's running on Windows Vista SP2

Here's the log

Log: Log file open, 05/28/14 15:13:49
DevNet: Wants NAT Traversal: TRUE
Init: WinSock: version 1.1 (2.2), MaxSocks=32767, MaxUdp=65467
Log: ... running in INSTALLED mode
Init: Language extension: INT
Init: Language extension: INT
DevConfig: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\..\BCMPGame\Config\BCMPUI.ini
Init: Version: 140519.84439
Init: Compiled (32-bit): May 19 2014 18:02:08
Init: Command line:
Init: Base directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\nosgoth\Binaries\Win32\
[0000.23] Init: Computer: VENOM-PC
[0000.24] Init: User: Venom
[0000.24] Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=8
[0000.24] Init: High frequency timer resolution =14.318180 MHz
[0000.24] Init: Memory total: Physical=9.0GB (9GB approx) Pagefile=18.2GB Virtual=4.0GB
[0000.29] Log: Game restarting within Steam client, exiting
[0000.29] Log: appRequestExit(0)
[0000.29] DevNet: Wants NAT Traversal: TRUE
[0000.29] Init: Presizing for 0 objects not considered by GC, pre-allocating 0 bytes.
[0000.29] Init: Object subsystem initialized
[0000.39] Log: Shader platform (RHI): PC-D3D-SM3
[0000.44] Log: PhysX GPU Support: DISABLED
[0000.48] Exit: Preparing to exit.
[0000.49] Exit: Object subsystem successfully closed.
[0000.49] Exit: Preparing to exit.
[0000.49] Exit: Object subsystem successfully closed.
[0000.49] Exit: Exiting.
[0000.49] Log: Log file closed, 05/28/14 15:13:49

I've run him through re-install, re-installing the redists, compatibility, run as admin and making sure "Adobe creative cloud" isn't installed. My suspect line is highlighted in bold, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mindsunder
28th May 2014, 23:46
How do I generate a crash report?

Happens 100% of the time, after matchmaking.

Mindsunder
29th May 2014, 00:00
http://oi62.tinypic.com/b7glt4.jpg

Adran06
29th May 2014, 17:14
Since apparently there is a bug where people can't get into closed beta, I would like to clarify that this is in fact a SEPARATE bug, and I'd really appreciate at least getting a response..... At this rate, I'm just gonna delete my account and move on to games that have actual customer service.

RainaAudron
29th May 2014, 17:26
Can you please contact our Technical Support? (https://support.nosgoth.com/system/templates/selfservice/nosgoth/#!portal/1001/topic/1015/Technical-Support)

Adran06
29th May 2014, 19:24
Can you please contact our Technical Support? (https://support.nosgoth.com/system/templates/selfservice/nosgoth/#!portal/1001/topic/1015/Technical-Support)

Thank you. I couldn't find a way to get in touch directly with any sort of customer support. This forum needs a button that makes it easier to do this, or at least for it to be easier to find.

Robert922
31st May 2014, 16:39
Ok so i waited a lot of time,and now that i have a beta key and installed the game,it crashes..."Nosgoth sopped responding" i can't find any fix and i have more than minimum requirements..Please HELP

anwmalos
31st May 2014, 18:27
My guess, RAM.

I get this crashes as well but the reason for me is that it runs out of memory.

Admiralrico91
1st Jun 2014, 02:35
I just received my invite to Beta for NOSGOTH, I followed the link, downloaded game,linked steam account. I start the game it gets to loading armory and crashes. I try loading from the exe and same thing happens. I attempt to read the beta forums to find an answer and find I have no access to the forum. I need help finding a resolution on how to get my game working.

Senketsu
1st Jun 2014, 05:23
My guess, RAM.

I get this crashes as well but the reason for me is that it runs out of memory.

I'm getting this issue as well, and it's infuriating! I used to be able to play this in older builds without this issue occurring even once. I did a memtest earlier tonight - memory's fine. I love this game and hate that it won't let me play it! Psyonix, what would you guys need from us to be able to diagnose this issue?

anwmalos
1st Jun 2014, 08:22
I've got 32-bit OS, 4GB RAM and my VGA provides 512MB video memory.
I think I have much more than minimum requirements, I don't know why I have these issues...

Adran06
2nd Jun 2014, 22:36
So, while I hoped this would fix it, it hasn't. "Technical Support" apparently doesn't exist, as it's been several DAYS now, and I haven't heard a peep back from them. This is now the only option I have left. If I don't hear back from someone within the next few days, and can't play the game by Friday, I'll be uninstalling the game and probably not coming back. I love LoK, but this game is only loosely qualified as LoK imo, and these bugs have seriously turned me off from actually playing. Hope to hear from someone.

RainaAudron
2nd Jun 2014, 23:07
Sorry to hear Tech Support didn´t get back to you still, I´ll contact SE about your problem directly. Thank you for your patience.

_I_Razyel_Kain_I_
3rd Jun 2014, 21:14
My PC is fairly old but it passes the Minimum requirements, yet I cannot play the game. I have an

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHzolder
Older ATI Radeon 4800 1Gb Video card,
8 Gb of RAM, plenty of HDD space
Vista SP 2

However, as soon as i hit the "Play" button in steam, it crashes. if anyone could offer a suggestion or an answer on why it does that i'd be grateful

_I_Razyel_Kain_I_
4th Jun 2014, 01:17
Same issue here...Game is installed yet as soon as I hit play it crashes.

I do apologize for sticking me nose here but I can't even access the thread I made on the issue because it got moved. Something about insufficient privileges. Now I am trying to get some posts in so I can PM a Mod

lucinvampire
4th Jun 2014, 09:42
I do apologize for sticking me nose here but I can't even access the thread I made on the issue because it got moved. Something about insufficient privileges. Now I am trying to get some posts in so I can PM a Mod

Once your access has been granted by a forum Admin then please see this thread http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12897 as it gives some guidance on how to try to fix the issue.

Adran06
5th Jun 2014, 10:01
Thank you for helping with this. I hope to hear a solution soon.

RainaAudron
5th Jun 2014, 10:57
Can you post your system specs please?

Adran06
5th Jun 2014, 11:04
Summary
Operating System
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 965 55 °C
Deneb 45nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 805MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-970A-UD3 (Socket M2) 48 °C
Graphics
Panasonic-TV (1768x992@30Hz)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 (NVIDIA) 62 °C
Storage
465GB SAMSUNG HD501LJ SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 44 °C
1397GB Western Digital WD Ext HDD 1021 USB Device (USB)
Optical Drives
PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16A6S SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
VIA HD Audio(Win8)

If you need more detailed info, I've got a text file with the rest of the info Speccy gave me that I can upload somewhere and share a link.

Adran06
5th Jun 2014, 19:08
They've finally gotten back to me! Thank you Raina!

_I_Razyel_Kain_I_
7th Jun 2014, 07:10
So..I'm guessing no fix yet? Lovely....

RainaAudron
7th Jun 2014, 12:38
Did you contact our Tech support (https://support.nosgoth.com/system/templates/selfservice/nosgoth/#!portal/1001) about your issue?

Robert922
12th Jun 2014, 18:05
I got a beta key of Nosgoth like nearly 1 month ago and i still can't launch it: NOSGOTH STOPPED WORKING.WTF seriously square enix? WOW and i can't even find a fix even tho i meet more than minimun REQUIREMENTS!! I AM SO TIRED OF THIS,AND IF YOU DON'T FIND A FIX,bad advertising. You have to help your CLIENTS,Not IGNORE them!!!

lucinvampire
12th Jun 2014, 18:44
Sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues with getting in game.

Please take a look at this thread http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12897 and see if any of it assists.

Please could you post your system specs?

Have you raised a work ticket with the SE Support Centre? If you have not managed to catch one of their advisors in a live chat - I'd maybe try that to see if they can help.

VikramN
12th Jun 2014, 18:47
I am accessing the game using the beta key from Steam. When i launch the game and then it says syncing after which it crashes.

Faulting application name: Nosgoth.exe, version: 1.0.10246.0, time stamp: 0x538e1693
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17055, time stamp: 0x532943a3
Exception code: 0x00000001
Fault offset: 0x00011d4d
Faulting process ID: 0xb40
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf866c4a751b94
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\nosgoth\Binaries\Win32\Nosgoth.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 20fc5b9a-f260-11e3-8279-c80aa9d4bb81
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hardware Info:
CPU: i5-430M
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
RAM: 4GB

lucinvampire
13th Jun 2014, 06:00
Sorry to hear you're having issues. Please take a look at this thread http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12897 and see if any of the suggestions help.

DrHippo
15th Jun 2014, 00:22
Sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues with getting in game.

Please take a look at this thread http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12897 and see if any of it assists.

Please could you post your system specs?

Have you raised a work ticket with the SE Support Centre? If you have not managed to catch one of their advisors in a live chat - I'd maybe try that to see if they can help.

The link doesnt work (apparently you need extra permissions to access it), I am having a similar issue but it happens at the beginning of some games and then when the teams change. Any chance you could provide a new link?

lucinvampire
15th Jun 2014, 13:58
The link doesnt work (apparently you need extra permissions to access it), I am having a similar issue but it happens at the beginning of some games and then when the teams change. Any chance you could provide a new link?

Please contact Xenonetix (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/member.php?u=32209) - the forum admin via Private Message to activate your access to the Beta section. Please see this thread (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=11924) for more information about what he needs to activate your access.

If you have not done so already to see if you can get the game working - update any drivers for graphics card - and maybe try to disable your windows firewall/purchased firewall and see if this makes a difference - if this doesn't work try updating your firewall with latest stuff. Hopefully it'll help...

DarkScion
16th Jun 2014, 17:50
So when i go to press the play button on steam.......nothing happens. I have tried both verifying the files and deleting local content and re installing the game......and still nothing happens. Was wondering what is going on.

DarkScion
16th Jun 2014, 17:58
Odd does not let me edit the thread.....anyways also was going to add that when i tried going directly, through the steam folders, to the Nosgoth.exe and run it from there it says.

The program can't start because XINPUT1_3.dll is missing from your computer. Try re installing the program to fix this problem.

Note i have reinstalled the game at least 3 times and verified files.

Jeariel
16th Jun 2014, 19:39
i cant either. tried downloading today on my new computer- and redownload it , didnt work

Jeariel
16th Jun 2014, 19:39
Got same problem

asdrowulf
17th Jun 2014, 05:21
My game crashes when i start loading the armory, i've tried reinstalling but it didn't work. What do i do?

lucinvampire
17th Jun 2014, 09:28
i cant either. tried downloading today on my new computer- and redownload it , didnt work

Sorry to hear it still isn’t working – please contact the SE Support Centre and raise a work ticket about the issue…hopefully one of their advisors will be able to look into resolving it for you.

lucinvampire
17th Jun 2014, 09:47
That is very strange indeed – if you’ve deleted and reinstalled it should download the missing files :scratch: …as it hasn’t I’d report this to SE Support Centre (https://support.nosgoth.com/system/templates/selfservice/nosgoth/#!portal/1001)

lucinvampire
17th Jun 2014, 12:41
Please take a look at this thread http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=14061 hopefully one of the fixes suggested will be able to help you.

If they don't work then please contact the SE Support Centre (https://support.nosgoth.com/system/templates/selfservice/nosgoth/#!portal/1001) and raise a work ticket - one of their techs should then be able to assist you.

Dafid94
17th Jun 2014, 23:55
Hello there!
So i got it through steam, installed, but when i try to start it up i get that Nosgoth loading window then the game stops working. Here's the report according to windows:

Problem signature:
Application Timestamp: 538e1693
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7bafa
Exception Code: 00000001
Exception Offset: 0000b727
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Additional Information 1: fa00
Additional Information 2: fa0080b989dd7e8ee29b7f55f844f636
Additional Information 3: 505c
Additional Information 4: 505c42815803465a5d5cb31ce525adcd

I have no idea what that stuff means but sharing it might help you (and me).

lucinvampire
18th Jun 2014, 11:42
Yeah I have to admit I have no idea what all that means either...sorry

Please take a look at this thread http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12897 to see if it helps at all.

It maybe best to report this and include that technical information to the SE Support Centre (https://support.nosgoth.com/system/templates/selfservice/nosgoth/#!portal/1001) as it will probably make some sense to them and hopefully one of their advisors will be able to assist.

PyroPhoenix
21st Jun 2014, 09:22
I used to be able to play Nosgoth all the time on Steam. I'm around level 20 in game. Recently I went to play Nosgoth and it just pops up the name Nosgoth and crashes. I tried reinstalling twice, verifying integrity of the game cache, restarting pc, restarted steam. It just ends up crashing every time at the start up. I enjoyed the game while I was able to play it. I hope you're able to fix this error.

RainaAudron
21st Jun 2014, 09:59
@PyroPhoenix: Please post your suggestions/bug reports in the appropriate section of the forums. (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)If you can't access them, please make sure you have at least two posts and title of 'New Player' to PM our admin as stated here (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=11867&p=93404#post93404), as this thread will be moved.

ChippenChris
21st Jun 2014, 17:38
Everytime I start the game it works fine when syncing my online profile, but immediatley when the armory starts dowloading/syncing Nosgoth crashes.

PyroPhoenix
21st Jun 2014, 23:43
Well I guess I'm not playing Nosgoth anymore since it's broken. I can't access that other part of the forum and I can't pm a screenshot of my account in-game when the game itself won't even start anymore. Just move the thread so they can see it.

B-Donk
22nd Jun 2014, 02:05
Every time I try to open this game from Steam or my desktop, it loads up for a second, goes to a black screen and then closes right after. Restarted Steam, restarted my PC and uninstalled game. Reinstalled it after and it is still doing the same thing. Someone help?

cmstache
22nd Jun 2014, 02:22
Hmm.... Sounds like a DirectX issue. Make sure it's updated.

ChippenChris
22nd Jun 2014, 10:07
As tired of this as Robert922 is right now. I can't even get to the mainscreen before nosgoth stops working.

System Manufacturer: FUJITSU
System Model: ESPRIMO P1510
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G6950 @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6072MB RAM
Page File: 5396MB used, 6744MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

This is more than enough to reach nosgoths mainscreen without crashing !!

Medivhus
22nd Jun 2014, 11:39
I got 2 friends with similiar problems, while it works fine for me, really stange this bugs

ErichSpuches
24th Jun 2014, 00:10
Almost like clockwork, Ill be able to one game through as humans, and vampires. But, when I reach the lobby and a new game starts, the game crashes. Right as it shows the name of the map you'll be playing on, it freezes up, and gives me an error. I've already verified the integrity, and nothing changed. Anyone know what the issue may be?

-RoryRubymace

lucinvampire
24th Jun 2014, 08:10
There are a few crash issues out there...sadly all you can do at the moment is take a look at this thread http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12897 and see if any of its suggestions help until a proper fix is made by the devs.

0shadowrunner0
3rd Jul 2014, 19:33
hi guys,
i got a key from a friend and downloaded the game. but now i cant start it wenn ich launch it , nothing happens.

i allready reinstalled it and checked my grafikcard if its up to date but it still dont start

annonymikus
15th Aug 2014, 06:53
I have played the game on another pc. But now I tried it on my pc and it doenst even start. When i click play I get the splash screen, but then my screen goes black and it says "nosgoth stopped working". Before and after the new patch the same result.

my pc:
Windows Vista Service Pack 2
Intel Core Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
4 GB Ram

and here is what i have already tried:
update video drivers, reinstall, allow through firewall, run as admin, try to search for different compatibility settings but there is no option with windows vista. only windows 95, 98, NT 4.0, 2000, XP and Server 2003

Sykestus
15th Aug 2014, 08:58
Hey annonymikus, sorry that it's not working for you.

If you contact Nosgoth support (https://support.nosgoth.com/system/templates/selfservice/nosgoth/#!portal/1001), they should be able to help you get up and running.

d3adly3vil
16th Aug 2014, 05:16
Hello,

Nosgoth was working fine few days ago until yesterday. It does start to a point. When I hit the search button to search the existing game, it goes on a screen where it says "finding the best match" or something like that then it gets stuck and it crashes with the windows error "Nosgoth has stopped working" and gives me two options, to find solution online and to close the program.
File is attached
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lp9veb6cvsgevt6/Prob%201.png

DankasaurusRex
16th Aug 2014, 06:31
This is happening for my friend as well. But not for me.

d3adly3vil
16th Aug 2014, 14:47
*BUMP*

Update: The tutorial is working fine so I know it is related to online and not game itself. Sometimes after hitting "search" the "DOTS ." that comes after the sentence "Looking for best match" will show up and it will try to find the match but it could not and gives me an error that server might not be working so check the website for server and when I do they all are up and running. Then when I hit "search" again it goes on to next screen and crashes.

I am looking for help here!!

Rizzlywastaken
16th Aug 2014, 15:05
I had the same problem but it was xfire fault...
Now however I can play Nosgoth with xfire on too, I've disabled the in-game interface for Nosgoth in the Games settings and it doesn't give me an error.

chiwhisper1869
16th Aug 2014, 17:14
I've got the same problem. Nosgoth was also working fine for me a few days ago and now it crashes when i search for a match.

baroquez
16th Aug 2014, 17:40
Hell yeah, that's EXCACTLY what i'm dealing with as well. Hit search, and either can't find a server or (probably if it could find a server) Nosgoth stopped working. Tried verifying game cache, re-install, re-download, graphics driver updates, deleted some files in mygames and whatnot. Everything went perfectly fine until yesterday. C'mon guys, raise some awareness to this!

My rig:
i7-4770k
GTX 780
16 gigs of RAM, 64 bit OS
Coming from Europe

RadJak
16th Aug 2014, 17:41
I am having exatcly the same issue. Tutorial working fine but after pressing search button - usually after 1-5 seconds game crashes.
It started happening yesterday EU evening time but it worked fine few hours earlier.

d3adly3vil
16th Aug 2014, 17:48
They need to take a look at this thread. I know it has nothing to do with firewall or any other thing because this game was working find and all of a sudden it starts crashing.

My PC specs are:
Intel Core i5 3.40GHz
8.00 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 660

chiwhisper1869
16th Aug 2014, 21:57
Guys, i might have found a fix! I tried the following thing and suddenly i can play again. I've played 5 matches in 3 different servers, so for me it's working again.. But it's kind of a strange fix and will cost some time, but after i did it i had no problems again.

1.Download Raptr. (i already use it, it's similar to xfire) search on google for the download link
2.Raptr has a tool in wich you can optimize your games.
-Go to control center
-At the optimalization screen click the cog-wheel
-Click Nosgoth
-Move the settings prefences to "quality"
-click "optimize settings"

After that Start Nosgoth again and try if it works. I tried getting into servers for two days without any luck, then i discovered this and now i've played 5 games in a row. It's no guarantee that it will work for everyone, and it might cost some time and motivation to download Raptr just to play the game. But it worked for me!

Good luck to anyone that is going to try it.

d3adly3vil
16th Aug 2014, 22:46
How much time did Raptr took in your system to scan the games and hardware?

chiwhisper1869
16th Aug 2014, 23:27
I've already had Raptr installed, so it has already detected all the games and hardware.

But i think it should not take any longer than 10 seconds.

d3adly3vil
16th Aug 2014, 23:34
Unfortunately, Raptr did not help as the problem is still there...
The sad part is, there are many threads like this and nothing is being done about it..

chiwhisper1869
16th Aug 2014, 23:36
Ah, sorry to hear that. Well, i hope the devs come with a fix that works for everyone.

But i agree, they could at least tell us they are working on it and know that this bug exists.

ClearlyEric
16th Oct 2014, 19:07
Crashes on Boot. Went to the crash thread, first link is broken. Need help, just payed $5 to play, and I can't play. Pretty messed up.

Nurgor
16th Oct 2014, 19:37
same problem here, game crashes the instant i start it... i dont want to download the whole game again...not with my slow internet... hope there is some other sort of fix for this :)

Psyonix-Greg
16th Oct 2014, 22:13
Send me your .dmp file AND a dxdiag to nosgothbugs@square-enix.com

Nurgor
17th Oct 2014, 06:40
where do i find these files?
EDIT: Nervermind google helped ^^

selkirie
17th Oct 2014, 09:51
Having the same issue right after I downloaded your new "hotfix" resulting in alot of us not being able to play at all haha

Already sent my crash log to nosgothbugs@square-enix.com

Hope you guys come to a solution quick.

-Konf-
17th Oct 2014, 13:13
Hi Greg,

Thanks for looking into this.

Similar to the people who have posted above - I'm here to report the game crashing upon launch post 16 Oct 2014 hotfix. The requested files (.dmp and DxDiag) have been sent to the mentioned e-mail.

Hope it helps to determine the issue.

Takisahmaru
17th Oct 2014, 13:53
I hope that in addition to fixing the issue they extend the double XP event - also have a booster wasting away.

Psyonix-Greg
17th Oct 2014, 22:54
Thanks everyone for the help. We know where the problem lies and we will be making a fix first thing next week as we take time to iron some things out.

razorCD
18th Oct 2014, 00:06
hello, i've recentrly downloaded an update aprox. 600Mb and now i want to play but the message "nosgoth has stopped working..." pops up and sometimes i can see the full screen logo come but then it crashes again... any help on this???

ShootGunMan
18th Oct 2014, 00:09
I too am having the same issue, I have tried verifying steam cache, as well as reinstalling from scratch. I can't figure out what could possibly be wrong.

Pheenox
18th Oct 2014, 12:40
Good day.

So. You updated the game, which made party play impossible. You created a hotfix, now my game crashes on startup

What happens is:

1. i press "play" on steam
2. the little box that says "nosogth" appears
3. Windows tells me an error has happened, and windows will shut down the program

Now. I have tried to delete that file you asked me to delete in

My documents/my games/nosgoth/BCMPGame/Confiq

It did not help, i tried to reinstal the game, no fix there either. I am unfortunate not very technical, so i dont know if i can give you any more info on why it crashes.

Just updated my graphic driver as sugguested on your thread on fixes.. it did nothing.

Kuropentacle
19th Oct 2014, 23:07
When I try to launch the game, an error message saying that the program stopped working appear.
This issue is appeared after the last update before I never had this issue.

I use Windows 7 64bit and I can run the game in full graphic capacity I don't think the issue come from here.

Nurgor
20th Oct 2014, 08:16
Just something i had to think about the past few days without nosgoth working: "What about the exp/gold boosters?"
as we all know the boosters work for a fixxed amount of real life time, so simply said the boosters timer ticked down the last 4, hopefully tomorrow 5, days where we couldnt! play the game, also 4-5 days without a chance to find a long awaited mysterious item...
I hope that when this problem gets fixed we get the lost time on our boosters back, or some other sort of compensation ;) , cause it wouldnt be fair having to carry the can for a problem that the game's latest hotfix caused....
This is just a friendly reminder for the devs, if they didn't think about this already. ^^

V_Zephonim
20th Oct 2014, 17:56
For all those of you who had this crash, here is a greater explaination.

1 - CAUSE OF THE CRASH

Nosgoth will have Performance Detection as a feature in the near future. This will help people benchmark their PC for the game and select the best settings for their rig. The feature is unfinished, but bits and pieces of it are already in development. As we sent the hotfix live, we were unaware (and so was the dev team) that parts of this code were embedded. None of our computers seemed to match the criteria for the crash to manifest itself, so we were unware of the problem before it started impacting live users.

2 - WHAT WAS DONE TO FIX IT

The Performance Detection code was entirely removed from the Live version.

3 - WHAT NOW?

We are aware that this forced downtime for some people. You either missed the Double XP event, or had boosters and items decaying in your inventory with nothing you could do about it. For items in your inventory, please contact Customer Support. As for the event, we are looking into opportunities to make something big again, soon.

Nurgor
20th Oct 2014, 20:11
For items in your inventory, please contact Customer Support.

does this mean when we write the customer support we get the lost booster time back? and how can i contact the customer support?

EDIT: Ok no answer, well... this whole situation seems for me like few people(the ones who missed -the double exp event, -5 days where they could have found a Mysterious items, -5 days of lost booster time) get a massive disadvantage to the other players... and now what? yay no compensation for that, and concerning the event: ahhh.. there will be other events... through which the other players will get an even bigger advantage... yay... -.-'
please correct me if any of this is wrong, or if you do plan on some sort of compensation, cause atm this whole situation is just another reason for me to quit Nosgoth...sadly.

V_Zephonim
21st Oct 2014, 15:56
does this mean when we write the customer support we get the lost booster time back? and how can i contact the customer support?

EDIT: Ok no answer, well... this whole situation seems for me like few people(the ones who missed -the double exp event, -5 days where they could have found a Mysterious items, -5 days of lost booster time) get a massive disadvantage to the other players... and now what? yay no compensation for that, and concerning the event: ahhh.. there will be other events... through which the other players will get an even bigger advantage... yay... -.-'
please correct me if any of this is wrong, or if you do plan on some sort of compensation, cause atm this whole situation is just another reason for me to quit Nosgoth...sadly.

Hey there,

Sorry for the delay in response. Many tasks here carried me until EOD. But I'm here now.

If you write to customer support, they might be able to either recharge your boosters or give you new ones. We have a log of all your transactions, so we can verify the information you supply us and accomodate for any purchases you were not able to use but still decayed.

You can reach customer support over here: http://bit.ly/124NNj4

If that's wonky for any reason, hit https://support.nosgoth.com instead and start from there. Use the Contact button, as I do not believe that there is a preset selection for your issue in the self-service.

Nurgor
21st Oct 2014, 20:23
well... either i was misunderstood, or the people at SE are...********** well... i wrote the customer support my problem thats the respond:
"We are sorry to hear that you were unable to use your booster after the update. Unfortunately we cannot refund your booster and gently remind you that while the game is still in development there may be the odd period of downtime for updates or fixes however we strive to deliver the best service we can. "
-.-' wtf? it was not a downtime cause of a update going online, it was a problem with the software, rendering me unable to start the game for 4! days! *****? what am i supposed to tell them to make them understand? i just want my 4 days of PAID booster time back! and what hinders them to refund my booster? -.-

Sanguise23
21st Oct 2014, 20:58
try asking for a recharge not a refund maybe that would work, best of luck

Nurgor
22nd Oct 2014, 06:40
try asking for a recharge not a refund maybe that would work, best of luck

i didn't ask for a refund i asked for a reset of those 4 days i wasnt able to play... but it seems they didn't understand

AndresMK94
26th Nov 2014, 22:54
Simple as that. Never happened before, except for today's patch.
Things I did:
*Checked Cache = Didn't work
*Run compatibility thing = Didn't work
*Run as administrator = Didn't work

Also, here are the system specs:
*Windows 8.1 64-bit
*AMD FX-6300
*Asus M5A78L-MLX3
*4GB 1333 Mhz Kingston RAM
*XFX R7 260X

Could be a problem with the AMD drivers? I just updated to the latest beta drivers, every game I got has been working fine so far, except Nosgoth.
Just letting you know, cause there could probably be other people with the same problem. I have yet to try downloading the game again though, maybe that would fix it.

lucinvampire
27th Nov 2014, 13:25
I downloaded the latest drivers but didn't download the beta drivers and have had no issue.

AndresMK94
8th Dec 2014, 15:57
Reviving the thread to update the situation:

So, when the rollback patch happened 2 days ago, the game started to work again perfectly. Today the patch was applied again and now the game doesn't work... again.
It is definitely something related with the new patch, and I tried everything: Compatibility settings, cache, downloaded it again STILL it won't start.

PLS I want to play! :(

http://i.imgur.com/K0xoo7Y.jpg

FuzzyFunky
15th Dec 2014, 05:56
Been getting the Nosgoth has stopped working a lot since last patch but now sometimes instead of completely closing the game it will pull the match back up but I am unable to do anything but watch. Has anyone else been having this issue?

Khalith
22nd Dec 2014, 04:53
I suddenly started getting this error whenever I try and boot the game, it was working fine earlier today but all of a sudden it stopped working at all. It doesn't get past the little loading icon on my desktop before it crashes. I attempted to run as admin to see if that might help but when I right click the shortcut icon the option doesn't even appear. Nosgoth is the only game not working on my computer.

Edit: Bit more info in the event log.

Faulting application name: Nosgoth.exe, version: 1.0.10246.0, time stamp: 0x54937b6c
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdbdf
Exception code: 0xe0434f4d

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2014-12-22T04:48:06.000000000Z

EventRecordID 399

Channel Application

Computer PC

Security

- EventData

Nosgoth.exe
54937b6c
KERNELBASE.dll
4a5bdbdf
e0434f4d
0000b727
ae0
01d01da276b82709
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\Binaries\Win32\Nosgoth.exe
C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
b7da463a-8995-11e4-891e-0024e80431a5

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-12-22T04:20:16.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>345</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Khalith-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>Nosgoth.exe</Data>
<Data>1.0.10246.0</Data>
<Data>54937b6c</Data>
<Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
<Data>6.1.7600.16385</Data>
<Data>4a5bdbdf</Data>
<Data>e0434f4d</Data>
<Data>0000b727</Data>
<Data>ec4</Data>
<Data>01d01d9e8e7ea08a</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\Binaries\Win32\Nosgoth.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
<Data>d42e3e5f-8991-11e4-891e-0024e80431a5</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Whoopdidoohah
30th Jan 2015, 15:25
Hi,

I have a friend who asks me to reinstall all of his system, just because he thinks his Windows is corrupted or something, because he can't play Nosgoth anymore sin OB release.

He was fine before that and we played this game for a long time without any issues, now he can't even get to anything but a windows error 'Nosgoth has stopped working'. He has contacted support and they really have no idea what's the issue, it might be on his end, some incompatibilty with some drivers for example.

So, does anyone knows what I should be looking at for him, before having to wipe / reinstall everything ? I know that Xfire bug (it isn't that), you guys have any idea if other softwares can screw Nosgoth ? BTW, only Nosgoth, of all his games, is having this issue. He invested some 60+$ into this game in skins and banners, he obviously likes it, but this issue is game breaking.

Also, is there a way to get a 'log' out of that crash ? If so, how ?

Thanks for the help.

EDIT : My friend is kind of unable to troubleshoot by himself, so i'll help him, but since my time is precious, if someone could gimme some lead it would be very apreciated.

Masscreep
31st Jan 2015, 22:19
Ok so i've have this problem on both computers and after doing this for both computers, IT WORKED. JUST TRY THIS IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY. Go to your steam library. Right click Nosgoth and then click properties. Then click "Very Integrity of game cache". It worked for me so it might work for you. (I know some of you probably already tried this but if you havent, please try it)

Akamii
5th Mar 2015, 14:16
just downloaded the game and i have that problem "nosgoth has stopped working" .. tried everything.. so what now? -.- should i uninstall it and i just wasted my time? ..

FlashNinja92
5th Mar 2015, 15:30
after I downloaded the patch on 3th march, i get this message always: Nosgoth has stopped working and gets me another message with debug and close program. How to solve this

Alundra
2nd Apr 2015, 17:44
Same problem here. Since the last uptade I can't play Nosgoth and when I click to the "Play" button on steam I have the same message : "Nosgoth has stopped working".

Tried to reboot, reinstalling the game, installing raptr, launch the game in admin mode but none of these works.

Need help too.

Alundra
18th Apr 2015, 00:52
I don't have this problem anymore. With the current update I can play again. I have no other explications to give, sorry. Thank you for the update and see you in game.

JumpScare
10th Jun 2015, 22:33
um i downloaded nosgoth last night and tried playing it but it seems that it doesnt work i have a windows 7 64 bit pro with i3 2.93 8gb ram and a 1gb graphics card that can run far cry 4 but every time i hit play button on steam it goes straight into a black screen with my mouse button in a loading circle is there a fix to this and ive tried reinstall but that doesnt work.

cmstache
11th Jun 2015, 00:29
Make sure your DirectX is updated.... Might or might not fix it, but I've seen many programs crash when loading from it.