PDA

View Full Version : Just Cause 2 just will not boot up (PC)

Vampirion
18th Apr 2010, 07:41
Hi guys,

I've never experienced this problem before so any advice would be much appreciated.
I bought and downloaded JC2 the other day and had it running fine for a while. Soon I began to get crashes to desktop. Eventually the game just wouldn't start. When I launch the .exe it goes to black screen then says game has stopped working.
I've done 3 reinstalls and still the same message every time.
I appreciate you'll need system info but I'm actually at work. I'm just so frustrated with this now I just wanted to get on here and try to sort it.
Let me know what info you need and I'll get it on here asap.

Anyone else had the same trouble?

Please help!!

Vamps.

ETJ
18th Apr 2010, 10:14
Hi Vampirion,
You're not alone with this problem as I have it as well and so do many other people. Have a look here http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=106471 as there is a thread about this problem but no one has found a fix yet.
ETJ

Vampirion
18th Apr 2010, 20:52
Well, iv got it working fine. Would you believe it doesn't seem to like 2 monitors?!?!
Very odd, but I seem to remember the same thing with FEAR 2.

Gonna uninstall and reinstall GFX drivers some time, fps ain't as smooth as I'd like. Shame cos I'd hate to think iv gotta reduce graphics settings. I've got 2 Radeon HD4670s running in Crossfire and altho they aren't the best cards available they're pretty good in demanding games. I think it's DX10 that they struggle with.

Thanks anyway.

Vamps.