PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Vamp speed

vyrmtongue
23rd Mar 2014, 21:10
Vampires need higher running speed! Today I encountered a situation

-playing as human, I ran to the nearby health station to replenish my hp. After that I headed to the 'camping place'. I heard reaver's attack sounds all the way long, the vamp couldnt get me while I was sprinting (and I didnt have the fleet footed perk). The situation was even worse when I reached my destination because he got shot quickly.

I had similar situations when I was on vamp team too, chasing single human just to get raped by the rest of his team

imho vamps should get a speed bonus for normal running

PencileyePirate
23rd Mar 2014, 22:57
Well ... I have always wondered why humans' sprint is capable of outrunning vampires. It does seem a bit wrong.

However, vamps can work around the issue with various abilities (flight, jump, marathon, leap) or just taking a shorter route (e.g. over a building) to cut off a human's path of escape. Because of this, a buff to vampire run speed could make escaping too difficult for humans and mess up overall balance.

It could be worth testing out -- at least to gauge player feedback.

Prime_Abstergo
24th Mar 2014, 10:29
Vampires need higher running speed! Today I encountered a situationNow imagine an alchemist with 20+8% increase in sprint, running around corners and stairs! Its a complete nightmare for vampires.

Wait, i meant REGULAR vampires. A smarter specimen will easely catch you up by simple roll-over, charged melee strike, climbing and attacking from air. And I even dont mention special abilities.

As a vampire all you need is just take a breath, focus and THINK about your next step.
Just. Don't. Rush... That is what vampires were created for - to outsmart humans.

Oroibahazopi
24th Mar 2014, 11:51
I agree, vampires should be way faster and more importantly should have no animation on their melee that makes you lose control of your character.

See AvP as a point of reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPI_gDO6-aU

HoneyMuffins
24th Mar 2014, 13:24
This is strange, vampires are always able to hit me while I am running hence why I got the fleet footed perk to negate that. I think melee shouldn't be so fast and healing stations should take more time. But vampires should move fast on the ground.

PencileyePirate
24th Mar 2014, 17:08
I agree, vampires should be way faster and more importantly should have no animation on their melee that makes you lose control of your character.

There isn't any melee animation that affects your character control, afaik. What do you mean?

cmstache
24th Mar 2014, 17:17
The auto-aim has some control over your character. This is annoying at high levels of play. And you are required to lunge forward.

vyrmtongue
25th Mar 2014, 12:17
Now imagine an alchemist with 20+8% increase in sprint, running around corners and stairs! Its a complete nightmare for vampires.

Wait, i meant REGULAR vampires. A smarter specimen will easely catch you up by simple roll-over, charged melee strike, climbing and attacking from air. And I even dont mention special abilities.

As a vampire all you need is just take a breath, focus and THINK about your next step.
Just. Don't. Rush... That is what vampires were created for - to outsmart humans.

Seriously? Try launching a charged attack with ever-lenghting distance from your enemy, its the same effect as trying to connect at least one attack

Oroibahazopi
25th Mar 2014, 13:20
There isn't any melee animation that affects your character control, afaik. What do you mean?
When you click to melee you automatically move a set distance with a fixed animation, you can turn but you have no control of the distance AND you cannot cancel it.