PDA

View Full Version : Youtube partnership program

N-lyger
12th Apr 2010, 19:37
I recently got a message from youtube saying I could make money off one of my videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iOlqq7N_1g etc.

It says this

YouTube Partnership Program: Tutorial
What types of videos are acceptable for revenue sharing

The basic guidelines are simple: for a video to be eligible, you must have worldwide distribution rights to everything in the video, and it must abide by our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines.

Here are some specific examples of things that would make a video ineligible:

Your video contains content that you didn't create or get permission from its creator to use, such as:
music
video images
photographs or artwork
live event
video game footage
any other copyrighted content
Your video shows people from whom you did not get permission
Your video has content that would be inappropriate for children. We limit the YouTube Partnership Program to videos that can be shown to all age groups.
We take our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines seriously, and so should you. Let us help you profit from your videos rather than take them off the site by making sure they conform to these guidelines.

If your video does not conform to these guidelines, it may be removed from the site.

I don't know if this game is an exception, becuase of the in-game upload feature, any help would be very appreciated!

chip5541
13th Apr 2010, 12:47
I would think that any video game footage would make it ineligible. While you own the physical copy the program itself is still owned and copyrighted to the publisher/developer.

N-lyger
13th Apr 2010, 18:46
Ok, thanks for the answer