PDA

View Full Version : Official Box Art

Bionicicide
11th Apr 2010, 23:13
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9319/kal2ddboxart001.th.jpg (http://img707.imageshack.us/i/kal2ddboxart001.jpg/)
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9319/kal2ddboxart001.jpg

Didn't play the first so why is Kane blind in his right eye?

Kent-45
11th Apr 2010, 23:25
In the first game it is implied that Kane had his eye cut by Retomoto, a japanese crime lord, after he got a little too... shall we say... friendly with his daughter, Yoko.

Kane cuts Retomoto's eye in the same way with his push blade, saying "I owed you this for a long time, and I pay my debts... to the penny."

I don't think Kane is necessarily completely blind in his eye, but it's clear that it's suffered some damage. In a lot of depictions of Kane, his eye is entirely milky white... in others, not so much.

I believe that Kane's vision may be impaired slightly, but he still has some use of his eye. Kane seems to be able to handle himself quite well for having only one eye. It doesn't seem to affect him at all.... which leads me to believe that he still has some limited vision out of his right eye.

(edit) - Link for reference: http://spong.com/wallpaper/k/a/kanelynchd237747.jpg

BeardedHoplite
12th Apr 2010, 00:12
That's the offical box-art?!?
That's the second most badass box art I've ever seen

Kent-45
12th Apr 2010, 00:21
The only thing that would have made it more badass would have been Kane strangling a kitten with his free hand in the background... or Lynch shooting at a nest of endangered owls with his shotty, while littering in a public park.

Acid_Burn
12th Apr 2010, 00:27
Yes, it's official. :)
It's more sexy in Hi-Res.

Zidrien
12th Apr 2010, 00:40
Wow, it's really official? Looks great! :)

Brackstone17
12th Apr 2010, 01:41
Looks really good. Is there a hi-res version hanging around somewhere?

Also, is this the final boxart, or is it going to be changed several times like Red Dead Redemption did to their box art?

Bionicicide
12th Apr 2010, 03:57
High res. copy in 1st post.

Good to know about his eye history.

Vulture
12th Apr 2010, 09:23
wow this is the best box art i have ever seen

is there a higher quality of this pic_?

JackGordon
12th Apr 2010, 11:49
wow this is the best box art i have ever seen
... I'm sorry but this is rubbish. That's just the US version, right? I truly hope the PAL version will have some class.

One of Seven
12th Apr 2010, 12:28
That is super badass. I dig good boxart, I hated Saints Row 2's.

petersjov
12th Apr 2010, 13:24
Hmm nice, looking at the hi-res you can almost touch his skind, and feel the texture of everything.

dark_angel_7
12th Apr 2010, 14:34
Not quite what I was expecting by definitely attention-grabbing and unique which is always good for IOI.

SlashPrower
12th Apr 2010, 20:52
Very interesting. Like the above poster, I didn't expect something like it, but it's kind of growing on me.

BeardedHoplite
12th Apr 2010, 22:33
Good, now make the collectors/limited/special edition's boxart involve Kane and Lynch running naked from a pack of foaming dogs.
I'd totally buy that. I was already going to actually.

Arsh
12th Apr 2010, 23:17
Wicked box art

TheMoD
13th Apr 2010, 04:54
This looks great, hope its the same in europe

Falkenwut
13th Apr 2010, 09:50
SWEEET! lovin the box cover!! Can't wait till August :D

UhUh
13th Apr 2010, 10:48
Not bad, I like it; it's a nice take on the old protagonist on cover, it certainly stays true to the style of the game. The collector's edition has the same box art? I wouldn't mind something more minimal, like the background images on the website.

I just noticed that the european release(27/08) is alse Kane's birthday, coincidence? :o

Kent-45
13th Apr 2010, 21:31
Not bad, I like it; it's a nice take on the old protagonist on cover, it certainly stays true to the style of the game. The collector's edition has the same box art? I wouldn't mind something more minimal, like the background images on the website.

I just noticed that the european release(27/08) is alse Kane's birthday, coincidence? :o

Kane's birthday is October 7, 1969

sigrun
13th Apr 2010, 21:36
I want a super high-res version!

Looks really good. Is there a hi-res version hanging around somewhere?

Also, is this the final boxart, or is it going to be changed several times like Red Dead Redemption did to their box art?

err, Red Dead Redemptions box art was only a place holder, they never said it was the offcial box art, as happens with all games.

Acid_Burn
13th Apr 2010, 22:03
Kane's birthday is October 7, 1969
No. August 27.

Kent-45
13th Apr 2010, 22:20
No. August 27.

My bad, was thinking of a different date. It's what I get for running on 2 hours sleep.

Bevacur
14th Apr 2010, 14:11
Ooh pretty lights in the back ground :O

Unpaid Intern
14th Apr 2010, 22:02
Spotted on the Kotaku forums:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/9/2010/04/727f672d7e19cfee4d9102230781c98a/340x.jpg

ROFL

I'm surprised at the amount of people *****ing about this cover in various forums. It's not my favorite image (liked that first hi-res of bloody Lynch pointing a blurry finger) but the colors are great and the look is original. Why is no one *****ing about the mind-numbingly boring character collages that publishers lazily spit out on the regular? I guess it's good to get a reaction either way hehe...

Brackstone17
15th Apr 2010, 00:56
In general I've noticed that Kotaku commenters like to complain about everything. It's a great news site, but the community is somewhat lacking.

UhUh
15th Apr 2010, 06:48
Why is no one *****ing about the mind-numbingly boring character collages that publishers lazily spit out on the regular?

Actually this happens, at kotaku in particural, and talking about it, kotaku's reception was postive if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway now I'm curious to see the collector's edition, maybe it has something different going on. (See as reference MassEffect2 standar cover and special edition).

dark_angel_7
15th Apr 2010, 15:07
Kotaku is the worst place for "community" talk.

Bevacur
16th Apr 2010, 14:35
Gam trailers is the worst 'community' i have ever seen. Make a topic about the 360 or Ps3 and the hate of the entire internet will swarm you.

Infact, it's not a community, its a ******* warzone.

TheMoD
18th Apr 2010, 00:26
a warzone full of ten year olds, wait this is sick...

SlashPrower
18th Apr 2010, 12:59
I find that the worst community online is GameFAQs. Everybody's either elitist, a ten year-old idiot, or both.

I used to be on the IGN boards. We had people seep in from GameFAQs every now and then. They would always spam up the place and annoy everyone until they were banned.

Acid_Burn
18th Apr 2010, 14:18
Let's discuss just the box-art here, not best/worst communities.

JackGordon
18th Apr 2010, 14:22
Very well, will there be different box-art for Europe or not?

vaultbreaker
18th Apr 2010, 14:56
This looks great! What's on the the back of the box?

Garrett Vega
18th Apr 2010, 16:15
Tbh, I don't like how Lynch looks in it. I'd prefer the picture where he's smiling and pointing forward.

petersjov
18th Apr 2010, 16:48
Im bored...

Is it a screenshot from ingame ?, hmmm i think lynch face looks way to detailed... it could be from a cut-scene ?

anyway, i was also thinking about how much had been "photoshopped" , why?

BECAUSE its just an awsome cover !! - i wonder how many they had to chose between, but this one is the right one !!

Im not going to search to forum,...im lazy ...so any one know what those "shanghai signs" in the title is ? the one below the "2" ?

EDIT: ahhhmm Im talking about the boxART, on the COVER ;-)

One of Seven
18th Apr 2010, 16:50
It's boxART man....

Nick@IO
19th Apr 2010, 08:54
Very well, will there be different box-art for Europe or not?

No, it's the same across all territories.

JackGordon
19th Apr 2010, 11:51
No, it's the same across all territories.
Aw :( It's way too american for my taste. What about a special edition? Or does it have to remain a secret for now :p

One of Seven
19th Apr 2010, 14:15
Too American? What's American about it?

JackGordon
19th Apr 2010, 14:24
American boxart always shows the main characters in close-up: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?p=5732607

Brackstone17
19th Apr 2010, 20:19
American boxart always shows the main characters in close-up: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?p=5732607
The difference here is that this is really about the two characters, they are the main attraction here. Other games, not so much.

JackGordon
19th Apr 2010, 20:58
Heavy Rain is about the characters as well. As you can see the PAL version's boxart sets the perfect tone. Whereas the US version just shows a woman with breasts and the three other, seemingly less important, male characters somewhere in the background.

The point is: american boxarts are always rubbish.

Oh and, just so that we're on the same page: just because I dislike the current boxart for K&L2 doesn't mean I'm not going to buy the game. It's just that I would love to see a special edition like the first one. It makes my (and your) video game collection look good. :cool:

Bionicicide
19th Apr 2010, 22:30
Heavy Rain is about the characters as well. As you can see the PAL version's boxart sets the perfect tone. Whereas the US version just shows a woman with breasts and the three other, seemingly less important, male characters somewhere in the background.

The point is: american boxarts are always rubbish.

Oh and, just so that we're on the same page: just because I dislike the current boxart for K&L2 doesn't mean I'm not going to buy the game. It's just that I would love to see a special edition like the first one. It makes my (and your) video game collection look good. :cool:
Do you take the sleeves out and frame the boxart on your wall?

JackGordon
19th Apr 2010, 22:34
Yes. :rolleyes:

Brackstone17
20th Apr 2010, 02:04
The difference is that Heavy Rain doesn't have the names of the characters in the title. Example time: How weird would it be to have a new 007 film and not feature James Bond anywhere on the poster?

I see what you are getting at, and I do agree it is an issue with American box art, I just don't think that is the case here.

JackGordon
20th Apr 2010, 02:22
No problem, we agree to disagree :) EDIT: I forgot to mention that I really like the boxart for Dead Men. And yes, that I would actually frame on my wall.

sublime90
20th Apr 2010, 23:04
its not to bad. lynch looks alot balder and thinner than i remember him looking.

Bevacur
22nd Apr 2010, 11:23
I wonder what the collectors edition will look like? Kane & Lynch naked, covered in blood, sweating and puking? Or both of the guys cowering in a corner or tied to chairs, covered in blood and naked while silhouette's of gang members holding knives overshadow them?

EDIT: Make Kane's scar more deeper! It looks like it healed and scar's don't heal!!! The scar made Kane look unique wbhjkfgnlkdnlkfdgljjsj.

SlashPrower
22nd Apr 2010, 20:29
Lol, if they released something with Kane and Lynch being naked the media would be all "OMFG CONTROVERSY THEY'RE CORRUPTING OUR KIDS!!!111!!1!!!1!" even though kids aren't going to go get the collector's edition.

One of Seven
22nd Apr 2010, 20:40
I'd let my kid play Kane and Lynch, I've played GTA ever since I was 7 or 8, I think I turned out alright........... Okay maybe the age limit needs to be respected somewhat.

Acid_Burn
22nd Apr 2010, 20:56
Me thinks that age limit should be respected in this case. It's gonna be MORE cruel that GTA or else, with some elements of nudity, etc. Not to mention drugs, alcohol and a lot of swearings :D

SlashPrower
22nd Apr 2010, 22:46
>____>

<___<

Lol, by the time the games come out I will only be 8 months away from the age limit, soooooo...CLOSE ENOUGH.

Huh, with all that I'm surprised it isn't getting an AO rating...Oh right, mosaic filter. Probably the only reason it's going to be M, huh?

Brackstone17
22nd Apr 2010, 23:05
I kind of want the cover for a special edition to be that postcard that was sent about on St. Patrick's Day. When you think about it, it's no worse that some of the other things that have been put out.

Also, this is a case where I'd very much think the age limit should be reinforced. Mostly because I don't want 12 year old cod players complaining about how it should be in the first person perspective or some other such annoyance.

JackGordon
22nd Apr 2010, 23:14
Also, this is a case where I'd very much think the age limit should be reinforced. Mostly because I don't want 12 year old cod players complaining about how it should be in the first person perspective or some other such annoyance.
Seconded.

BBboy20
27th Apr 2010, 11:35
Aw :( It's way too american for my taste. What about a special edition? Or does it have to remain a secret for now :p...you're not getting the impression the box-art is trying to simulate a magazine cover?

JackGordon
27th Apr 2010, 12:07
Yes, it does give me that impression. But then why not save it for the magazines instead of using it as boxart?

Bevacur
27th Apr 2010, 17:57
The box art would be great for a movie. If of course Jamie Foxx was not playing as Lynch...

SlashPrower
1st May 2010, 23:44
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/024/f/1/Kane_And_Lynch_Dogs_Day_Cover_by_Lenox47.jpg

Found some box art made by a fan, thought it was kind of cool, wanted to share it. Figured this was the right place.

Still kind of like the official box art more, though.

JackGordon
2nd May 2010, 00:05
^ This is something more to my liking. Though it's still pretty rubbish, I like the darker tone. I recognize two distressed and complicated characters, which is what Kane & Lynch are.

BeardedHoplite
2nd May 2010, 00:38
Me thinks that age limit should be respected in this case. It's gonna be MORE cruel that GTA or else, with some elements of nudity

Hmm.. The Lost and the Damned had visible man-junk and Gay Tony had some serious dry-humping going on it's going to be tough to beat
Unless theres a bonus 'costume' that is just the censor pixels (although Saints Row 2 had this and it didn't get flagged for nudity)

Bionicicide
2nd May 2010, 02:52
SlashPower... that scared me! Thought it was a mutant!

I much prefer the official since its cover is the best representative of the gameplay as it shows the distorted filter effect right over the main characters and actually has a gun for this TPS.

Hopefully IOI will release some cool wallpapers so people can print them out as posters to hang.

Brackstone17
2nd May 2010, 03:07
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/024/f/1/Kane_And_Lynch_Dogs_Day_Cover_by_Lenox47.jpg

Found some box art made by a fan, thought it was kind of cool, wanted to share it. Figured this was the right place.

Still kind of like the official box art more, though.
That would be a great cover if Kane and Lynch ever took their criminal careers to Silent Hill.

JackGordon
2nd May 2010, 11:15
^ I'd love to see Lynch run after Pyramid Head like he does in the trailer of Dog Days with that naked woman! Screaming like a mad man etc. :lol:

SlashPrower
2nd May 2010, 12:32
Lol, a Kane and Lynch/ Silent Hill crossover needs to happen.

The art looks less like a mutant when not zoomed in so much- still, I thought the same thing when I first saw it.

"WTF Lynch has a face growing out of his hea- Oh."

One of Seven
2nd May 2010, 13:02
If Kane and Lynch went to Silent Hill, Silent Hill would leave them alone, not because it would accept the two, but because after it learns their past it wouldn't want any.

UhUh
2nd May 2010, 16:05
All this talking about the boxart inspired me to give it a try myself.

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/8341/coverimx.th.jpg (http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/8341/coverimx.jpg)

JackGordon
2nd May 2010, 16:21
^ I like it, Uhuh. :D D'you have a bigger version?

Bevacur
2nd May 2010, 17:43
If Kane and Lynch went to Silent Hill, Silent Hill would leave them alone, not because it would accept the two, but because after it learns their past it wouldn't want any.

That would be a good game. A criminal's past would bring up horrific monsters and a f'ed up hell. Is it hell or just the *otherworld*?

JackGordon
2nd May 2010, 17:47
Is it hell or just the *otherworld*?
Depends on the characters.

UhUh
2nd May 2010, 17:54
^ I like it, Uhuh. :D D'you have a bigger version?

no, sorry, I made it from a screenshot, so no big resolution; glad you like.

Bionicicide
2nd May 2010, 19:28
UhUh, cool one. Would actually be awesome to hang on the wall if it was in hi-res.

MxOAgentJohnson
17th May 2010, 18:20
Correct me if im wrong but i always thought kane actually killed retemoto, his eyes were wide open and alive looking its just, he always seemed dead!

Kent-45
17th May 2010, 18:25
Correct me if im wrong but i always thought kane actually killed retemoto, his eyes were wide open and alive looking its just, he always seemed dead!

The explosion definitely ****ed Retomoto up... If he wasn't dead, he was damn near close. Kane sorta just finished the job. His eyes were open, so I always assumed he was near-death when Kane cut him.

SlashPrower
17th May 2010, 21:25
That would be a good game. A criminal's past would bring up horrific monsters and a f'ed up hell.

Hell, the concept of sending a criminal into Silent Hill was already explored in a comic. And it was awesome.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/9241/346481-21092-126644-1-silent-hill-sinner_super.jpg

http://prettythings.pullbot.com/artworks/134756/346573-21092-126660-1-silent-hill-sinner_super_medium.jpg

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jun 2010, 13:02
Lol, a Kane and Lynch/ Silent Hill crossover needs to happen.

In some ways it did , Jarion Monroe voiced for a character in the first Silent Hill game i believe ...

As for the Box Art ...
Well i can rant all day or just say that i hate it ...

I hate it ...

JackGordon
5th Jun 2010, 14:59
Jarion Monroe voiced for a character in the first Silent Hill game i believe ...
He voiced Dr. Kaufmann, indeed.