PDA

View Full Version : Just Cause 2: Limited Edition Problem

honki007
11th Apr 2010, 14:42
Hi,
I've just bought the Limited Edition of the Just Cause 2 Game from a Hong Kong Dealer, and wanted to install the Exclusive DLC, so I entered the Redemtion Code onto the PSN, which seems to be wrong. Does anyone have a solution to my Problem? What should I do?

Thank you for your time,

Cheers,

Brian

AlkaVirus
11th Apr 2010, 15:06
Hi,
I've just bought the Limited Edition of the Just Cause 2 Game from a Hong Kong Dealer, and wanted to install the Exclusive DLC, so I entered the Redemtion Code onto the PSN, which seems to be wrong. Does anyone have a solution to my Problem? What should I do?

Thank you for your time,

Cheers,

BrianIt seems all the european xbox 360/ PS3 versions of the game that came with the code are having this problem,. i think they forgot to activate the codes, because if i try to redeem it on xbox.com it says theres a problem with the offer.

jaywalker2309
12th Apr 2010, 09:45
Alka - that is untrue.. there was a misprint in the PC manual stating to use GFWL not Steam for the DLC but that was covered on an earlier post (on day of release) and all console users have been able to activate their codes if they are activating it in the right territory region.. if people have imported a version and are trying to use a code not intended for that country thats not a code issue..remember PSN is region bound..

AlkaVirus
12th Apr 2010, 11:55
Alka - that is untrue.. there was a misprint in the PC manual stating to use GFWL not Steam for the DLC but that was covered on an earlier post (on day of release) and all console users have been able to activate their codes if they are activating it in the right territory region.. if people have imported a version and are trying to use a code not intended for that country thats not a code issue..remember PSN is region bound..Then what about xbox? i haven't gotten a region error.

honki007
12th Apr 2010, 13:02
Alka - that is untrue.. there was a misprint in the PC manual stating to use GFWL not Steam for the DLC but that was covered on an earlier post (on day of release) and all console users have been able to activate their codes if they are activating it in the right territory region.. if people have imported a version and are trying to use a code not intended for that country thats not a code issue..remember PSN is region bound..

hmm, sounds plausible... is there anyway to still redeem the code? As I live in Hong Kong and everything is imported there. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your reply,

Brian

jaywalker2309
12th Apr 2010, 16:25
Then what about xbox? i haven't gotten a region error.

What region are you in? and where did you get the game? theres definitely not been a `universal` issue with keys for the simple fact theres a very large amount of people who are happily working with it fine..

hmm, sounds plausible... is there anyway to still redeem the code? As I live in Hong Kong and everything is imported there. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your reply,

Brian

Not entirely sure to be honest how it works in a territory not supported in language etc..

AlkaVirus
12th Apr 2010, 18:56
What region are you in? and where did you get the game? theres definitely not been a `universal` issue with keys for the simple fact theres a very large amount of people who are happily working with it fine..

Not entirely sure to be honest how it works in a territory not supported in language etc.. Can't retrieve information from Xbox LIVE. Status code: 8016a04b

The prepaid code you're trying to use doesn't match your account region. Some prepaid codes can only be used in select regions. Please confirm that your account region matches the region where the prepaid code was purchased.
That is the error i am supposed to get if i am in the wrong region, THIS is what i got.:

Please enter a valid code.

The prepaid code you entered is incorrect. Try re-entering the code shown on your prepaid card. If you've correctly entered the code, contact Xbox support by visiting the following Web site:

http://www.xbox.com/support/contact

jaywalker2309
12th Apr 2010, 21:42
Have you tried contacting them? they control the codes and the access given.

AlkaVirus
13th Apr 2010, 10:58
Yes, but everytime i email them they send me the same email..

honki007
18th Apr 2010, 09:16

Not entirely sure to be honest how it works in a territory not supported in language etc..

The funny thing is, Only games from the Uk are being shipped to Hong Kong..., and support in Language, Everything I do is in english, so my PSN account is also in english..
This thing is really starting to bug me. Who should I contact?

Brian