PDA

View Full Version : Ice Breaker Not Showing Up

Polytope
10th Apr 2010, 15:25
I start up the game and go to the black market and the ice breaker isn't there. I went back to the main menu and looked at the DLC but the only thing there is the chevalier classic which came with the game from best buy. I exit the game and restart steam, no update. I verified the game and it said everything was in order. Then it started updating. It downloaded approximately 6 MB. Start the game and still no ice breaker. Every time I go to validate the game it "updates" after validation, but there is no new content. I also reinstalled the game which didn't help. I'd really like to use the new vehicle, any ideas?

Rogueninja
19th Apr 2010, 02:01
I have the same problem. I don't know what it is.

GreenLego
19th Apr 2010, 03:36
I have the Xbox 360 version of the game and it saids that DLC is corrupt and gets automatically deleted.

I download the DLC fine. Then I copy the DLC to my memory card. Then I take it to my friend's 360, which is offline. I copy the DLC from the mem card onto his HDD. Boot up JC2 using my Profile (which the DLC is linked to, I'm thinking). I've done this twice and both times, it says the DLC is corrupt and gets deleted.

Why is this? Thanks.

gibbed
19th Apr 2010, 20:13
I've heard of other people having issues with missing Ice Breaker DLC on PC. I would suggest opening a steam support ticket about it if you've got the PC version of JC2 and ask about the missing DLC.

GreenLego
29th Apr 2010, 11:10
Any news on when they are fixing the x360 DLC corruption issue? I'd like to complete the game for the full 1000 gamerscore but because of the issue with the LeisureLiner, I need this DLC to finish.

Eidos Support
29th Apr 2010, 15:35
Any news on when they are fixing the x360 DLC corruption issue? I'd like to complete the game for the full 1000 gamerscore but because of the issue with the LeisureLiner, I need this DLC to finish.

Your issue will be due to the association the DLC will have with the console it is downloaded too and the gamertag used.

Take the console you want to have the DLC on and connect this to the internet, download the DLC on to the console and then it should work offline otherwise, doing it the way you are doing it, you would need the console to be online to get it to work.

Eidos Support
29th Apr 2010, 15:37
I start up the game and go to the black market and the ice breaker isn't there. I went back to the main menu and looked at the DLC but the only thing there is the chevalier classic which came with the game from best buy. I exit the game and restart steam, no update. I verified the game and it said everything was in order. Then it started updating. It downloaded approximately 6 MB. Start the game and still no ice breaker. Every time I go to validate the game it "updates" after validation, but there is no new content. I also reinstalled the game which didn't help. I'd really like to use the new vehicle, any ideas?

I have the same problem. I don't know what it is.

Do you still have this problem? Try reinstalling the game entirely or, alternatively, try reinstalling just Steam.

ColonelBauer
1st May 2010, 18:59
I did not get my IceBreaker until the Steam update on 04/26/10. I tried contacting technical support on this annoying problem and they were literally clueless. When I informed them that I finally got the IceBreaker they were relieved to be able to close out the ticket.

That being said I think just the regular steam engine update should fix it.

:cool: