PDA

View Full Version : Is this how Tomb Raider is going to be like?

Kavanax14
9th Apr 2010, 20:41
Hey,

Now that they are releasing Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, are Eidos/ Crystal Dynamics still continuing with Tomb Raider or was Tomb Raider: Underworld the last Tomb Raider game?

I hope they continue with Tomb Raider.

Danielsun_
9th Apr 2010, 20:46
yeah they are , Lara croft and the guardian of light is a side game , to keep us interested in TR whilst they carry on making the main game (TR9) it is also a good way for them to experiment with different play styles, notably the co-op

so don't worry this isn't the end of TR its just something on the side that is non canon (not linked to the main story) for us to have good fun with its available for Xbox360, PS3 and PC which you can download

i hope that helps :)

Kavanax14
9th Apr 2010, 20:47
Thank you!!! :D ;D

_Love2Raid_
9th Apr 2010, 20:47
Hi, welcome to the forums! :)

This game, Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light, is not a 'real' TR game. That's why the name Tomb Raider is missing from the title. It's something extra. There will still be another Tomb Raider game, hopefully we will hear something about that one soon.

In the mean time, we can enjoy this game. :D

Edit: Oh, too late, lol. :p

Danielsun_
9th Apr 2010, 20:48
haha, sorry Love2Raid, but at least we both came in to help out thats what matters :)

also im looking forward to when we have that match love2raid :p

Kavanax14
9th Apr 2010, 20:50
xD :P

Kavanax14
9th Apr 2010, 20:51
Hi, welcome to the forums! :)

This game, Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light, is not a 'real' TR game. That's why the name Tomb Raider is missing from the title. It's something extra. There will still be another Tomb Raider game, hopefully we will hear something about that one soon.

In the mean time, we can enjoy this game. :D

Edit: Oh, too late, lol. :p
Yeah xD Trueee cant wait to play it though :D

Danielsun_
9th Apr 2010, 20:52
have a good day kavanax14 and we often hang around the TR general Discussion thread and the thread of randomness is a great place to discuss stuff as almost everyone looks at that :)

jeremythebug
9th Apr 2010, 20:53
Can't wait for this game and a new TR game. Welcome, kavana! :)

Kavanax14
9th Apr 2010, 20:53
Can't wait for this game and a new TR game. Welcome, kavana! :)
YEAH! xD Mee too :P

Kavanax14
9th Apr 2010, 20:54
have a good day kavanax14 and we often hang around the TR general Discussion thread and the thread of randomness is a great place to discuss stuff as almost everyone looks at that :)
Thanks you too :D

prince of angels
24th May 2010, 15:44
they have to make another tomb raider i think that the end of serie should not be like that

_Love2Raid_
24th May 2010, 15:59
They will, they already said they were working on two projects: GOL and the next Tomb Raider. :D:D

TokyoRed
25th May 2010, 22:22
I think the new direction in which Karl Stewart is taking the Tomb Raider franchise through this addition of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will help to make Tomb Raider: Lara Croft more appealing and accessible to a new and more diverse audience.

As a long time Indiana Jones fan it was quite easy for me to get into Tomb Raider. The Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider movies disgusted and turned me off, however it was Tomb Raider: Legend on Nintendo DS and Tomb Raider: Anniversary on the SONY PSP that re-attracted me back to the Tomb Raider franchise and then, when I learned about Tomb Raider and the Guardian of Light earlier this year it was with great excitement that I decided that I'm officially joining the Lara Croft fanbase.

I'm also very happy that Dan Lin (Terminator: Salvation) is taking Tomb Raider back to the silver screen in a more realistic Indiana Jones-esque action/adventure way instead of the sexually driven way the Angelina Jolie movies did. Dan Lin has said that the movie will be an origins story that will bring in a wide audience of new and younger fans and also appeal to veteran fans alike. I hope that Dan Lin will cast either Kristen Stewart (Twilight) or Michelle Ryan (NBC's Bionic Woman) as Lara Croft for this film.

Here is the link regarding the upcoming movie: http://screenrant.com/tom-raider-reboot-realistic-origin-story-ross-10221/

michal.lewtak
21st Jun 2010, 18:26
Oh, so yeah, this is simply not to be taken seriously, this is just to be bought and accepted the way it is. And since you bought this, you might as well buy any DLC that comes along. Again, not to be taken seriously, just buy it to wait for the next game.