PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES Sentinel Inconsistencies

Tube_Reaver
22nd Mar 2014, 12:17
Hello,

noticed two things while playing sentinel lately:

1) If I hold down my RMB when activating my kidnap/abduct, the sentinel does the screech sound effect and charge wheel reaches 75%, then it resets and goes to 25% with another screech sound.

If I grab someone with kidnap during that time, the swooping sound is activated before and after the grab, and my sentinel seems to almost let go and re-grab the target mid-flight which seems to slow me down.

^ The above is due to holding down the RMB. If I merely press it, they do not occur.

2) As a sentinel when flying through a firewall (either normally, going for a grab or with a human grabbed already) I seem to take no damage or have the DoT applied on me.
However if I fly over the alchemist's Poison Mist, even with a good distance between me and the ground (say the height of a standing sentinel or reaver) I get the weird glowing effect (as if I were standing in it) and I take damage.

Cheers.

WhiteFlameKyo
22nd Mar 2014, 12:37
seems to almost let go and re-grab the target mid-flight which seems to slow me down.

I don't know if it's the same thing, but I did notice that sometimes my sentinel flies faster after kidnapping and other times slower.

^ The above is due to holding down the RMB. If I merely press it, they do not occur.

You don't need to hold RMB?! The more you know... My time spent in game according to Steam: 84 hours. I'm pretty slow, it seems.

2) As a sentinel when flying through a firewall (either normally, going for a grab or with a human grabbed already) I seem to take no damage or have the DoT applied on me.

Strange; while kidnapping an alchemist using the flamethrower or through a fire wall I always fly up burning. Visually and damage-wise everything seemed fine to me.

Tube_Reaver
22nd Mar 2014, 13:28
Honestly it feels like 9 times out of 10, whether another player or myself fly through a firewall, I see them take no damage/dot. I think I've only ever seen it once in the same match where a sentinel got set on fire. I've flown through firewalls and took no damage, at least as high as the visual indicator of the fire wall (I wasn't literally skimming the ground).

However the poison mist aoe is literally 10 times out of 10, and it has a much bigger (vertically speaking) aoe range.

cmstache
22nd Mar 2014, 13:48
Haha. Yea the grab is automated. I hold it too though. I honestly disagree with that mechganic actually.