PDA

View Full Version : The Plot-Related Wild Guessing Thread

SlashPrower
8th Apr 2010, 00:05
Hello once again. I'm Slash Prower, the only female member of this here forum. I figured this thread could be used, since God knows I've done this enough times. ^___^

So, here's where you (we?) take elements from the trailers, interviews, and whatever else and try to figure out elements of the game's plot. A few questions to be answered:

If Kane's daughter is alive (which has been mentioned), that means that they used the ending where Kane screws over everyone, right? And, if so, did Lynch just forgive him?

Lynch apparently had an Asian girlfriend in the first trailer. Is she going to have anything to do with anything? Will she die?

The naked chick seems rather important for some reason. Why?

The game takes place over the span of 48 hours, apparently. Will the plot have flashbacks or some other thing to make it longer?

Will either (or both) of the characters die at the end?

Etc.

BeardedHoplite
8th Apr 2010, 00:26
I think that hooker/lady was just a witness
Kane will run with it all again
Lynch's girlfriend is as dead as Dillinger
Kane's daughter is on advanced life support, if shes not dead
The bank heist in the trailer will be a flashback level

Brackstone17
8th Apr 2010, 04:17
I think they might have said that either ending can be the true ending, so it is up to make our own ideas about what actually happened.

Lynch's girlfriend will almost certainly die or get kidnapped. Maybe the game will have a plot similar to the first, for example Lynch's girlfriend get's kidnapped and used for leverage, but this time it will be about how Lynch handles the situation and that's where it will differ.

I don't think there will be flashbacks. It doesn't seem to fit with the youtube style of things. Besides, Lynch is the main man this time, so it would be weird to suddenly have Kane in the limelight for one mission.

Naked chick doesn't seem to be anything more than a naked chick. Of course, maybe it's really 47 in disguise. PLOT TWIST!

I don't think either character will die, but I don't think they'll have a happy ending either. Kane and Lynch is getting a nice franchise built for itself, it would be strange to cut out one or both of it's primary attractions.

Falkenwut
9th Apr 2010, 10:31
Naked chick doesn't seem to be anything more than a naked chick. Of course, maybe it's really 47 in disguise. PLOT TWIST!

In that case 47 grew boobs and got a hot body O.O... woaw... talk about plot twist!!!

lol... I'd love to see Lynch's hallucinations though... totally awesome stuff xD

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jun 2010, 14:24
If IO is going to show a accurate portrayal of schizophrenia then there will be hallucinations BUT we wouldn't know it when it happens ... no stylish filter , no eerie music , the gameplay doesn't change , but then after a firefight Kane will then ask Lynch 'what the **** are you doing ?' and then Lynch will have the same reaction as the one playing the game ... 'what do you mean what the **** i'm doing ?' ...

That's being a schizophrenic , when people all around you says that You're the one doing something weird even though everything seems normal to you ...

Bevacur
6th Jun 2010, 13:07
Like i said before in a different thread. It would be pretty cool that when Lynch is losing his marbles again, the camera starts ******* up. Like the scene cuts to a different scene then back again, it starts freezing and you can hear screams maybe, starts pixelating but we are playing from Lynch's view so Grievous's idea is the best. Lynch thinks he his sane and so we should not expect anything crazy. Untill Kane hops along and lets the cat out of the bag.

GrievousOdyssey
6th Jun 2010, 13:36
That said ... i wonder if Kane won't have a rage mode this time ...

Afterall , playing as Lynch in Dead Men's co-op mode gave us his hallucinations which is something that we clearly couldn't see when playing as Kane , hence making the experience playing as Lynch different than playing as Kane ...
And now for Dog Days i wonder what gameplay element are they going to put in to make it different when you play as Kane ...

A black and white filter maybe with occasional red colored blood ? ...

BeardedHoplite
6th Jun 2010, 14:54
A black and white filter maybe with occasional red colored blood ? ...

It would be awesome if when Lynch hallucinates the camera filters go away and all tht is left is is HD crystal-clear gameplay. That'd would be cool, playing with the filters and such and then suddenly seeing a typical 3rd person camera, clear and not very shaky.
That'd be surreal.

UhUh
6th Jun 2010, 15:24
I bet there won't be anything related to the allucinations, only what we can get from Lynch's mumbling.

GrievousOdyssey
6th Jun 2010, 15:37
Nah we all agree we won't be getting any white rabbit sequences with Lynch , but what about Kane ? ...

What will be the gameplay element that'll make the experience when playing as Kane different than playing as Lynch ? ...

UhUh
6th Jun 2010, 15:46
Probably very mission related things, while Lynch in the front fighting off cops, Kane will be detonating a car bomb. Maybe there won't be much difference as Lynch's way is not as tactical as Kane's would be and the camera puts some distance from the mind of the characters.

SlashPrower
7th Jun 2010, 14:54
So, now that we've seen that Lynch loves his girlfriend and is trying to protect her, we're pretty much sure that she's totally dead and it's going to be depressing and blah blah blah. And Lynch is going to kill everyone within a 5 mile radius when that happens. And that's going to be pretty cool but I'll feel bad for finding it so awesome.

UhUh
7th Jun 2010, 14:58
In the end it's always about the women, what can we do, we love you girls :p
Well at least we can compare how Lynch react to having his family hostage this time, but is it enough for Kane to stick around?

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jun 2010, 15:05
I think it's going to be more than just that ...

The importance of the Woman figure was already one of the main points in Dead Men , and turning this whole 'love one hostage' thing from Kane to Lynch is a bit ... too simplistic ? ...

It's going to be more than just that , IO being what they are , it's going to be GRAND ...

(expect to shed manly tears anywya) ...

DaSilva_Peru
7th Jun 2010, 16:47
Hello ther people, it's your favourite person DaSilva_Peru! :flowers:

I don't think there's going to be any kidnapped girls in this game either! Ass someone already pointed out it would be too simple to just copy the plot from the first game :)

I know it's going to be huge, but what excactly will happen is hard to say. Maybe it wont even be a "cliff hanger" ending, maybe it will just end out of a sudden, since the whole game is sort of in-your-face experience where you don't really get the epic hollywood cut-scenes to explain the story, maybe the ending will be somewhat down to earth too? The only thing I know wont happen is that they both die in a car crash. That would kill the franchise and IOI wont do that so soon :P Following the Hitman games countles numbers expect a K&L 10 at some point too :
)

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jun 2010, 17:05
JESUS CHRIST I just noticed that i've been spoiled a little more just by watching that trailer ...

*cries* ...

Nah i'm pretty sure we've only seen less than a third of the game ... right ? ... please marketing folks ? don't show the whole game again ...

Anywya , what were we saying ... KANE & LYNCH 10 ?! ...
The thing about Lynch and Kane is that they are ... human ... they can't do this killing and running from cops forever , and it's not like if they're young men to begin with ...

Unless each subsequent Kane & Lynch games takes place during a few days , and they all takes place during a seven year time space ...
But still , no ... i really don't know if any of us would even want to see a fifth entry , let alone ten ...

IO can kill Kane & Lynch , they can , all they need to keep is the gameplay style and make a spiritual successor out of it (i'm still waiting for Flammen & Citronen) , plus , it'll be a much more elegant way than just milk the franchise ...

SlashPrower
7th Jun 2010, 17:09
By Kane and Lynch 10, they'll both be dead of old age/ bullets to the face.

ohitspatty
7th Jun 2010, 18:38
I think this series will close as a trilogy (which it should).

As for this game, I think the new trailer gives a lot of hints to the storyline without throwing away too much.

JackGordon
7th Jun 2010, 19:33
I think this series will close as a trilogy (which it should).
Definitely! I love trilogies.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Jun 2010, 20:04
Seeing as how it's always pushing to the limit , Kane & Lynch might just break this 'trilogy obsession' and make it a four part franchise ...

But don't you all think it's a bit too soon to talk about this ? ...

ohitspatty
8th Jun 2010, 00:03
The reason I think they should stop after third is because I don't want them to be beating around the bush and make Kane & Lynch stale.

SlashPrower
8th Jun 2010, 00:16
This is a totally valid theory, so I'm reposting it here and adding a ton of crap.

Most of the people and events Lynch is perceiving during the game don't exist or aren't happening.

Okay, stay with me here.

Xiu doesn't exist. I mean, in the trailer Kane sees Xiu, all right, becuase Kane's not there either. Lynch probably tried to contact Kane, but Kane had either died or just didn't respond. The Kane who he is interacting with is just another hallucination, a manifestation of his more rational side. Most of the game isn't actually happening- it's all symbolic. Xiu represents his better qualities, sanity, as well as the subconscious guilt he has for the death of his wife (even though he denies that he killed her, even to himself). His attempts to protect her are basically his attempts to keep whatever's good in him and stop himself from becoming a completely insane monster. The cops and criminals he's facing are either just representations of his persecution complex, or real people who are attacking him just because (for the cops) he's a wanted criminal and (for the criminals) they have some sort of grudge against him or Glazer. Lynch does really work for Glazer, by the way. When he's torturing people to try and find Xiu, he's trying to get rid of facets of himself, the worse parts of his personality- his selfishness, his opportunism, his anger, etc.

When he and Kane (his rational, reasonable side, remember) are tortured, that represents his internal revelation as he realizes that he is scum, that he is damned, that at this point he could not possibly be redeemed and (most of all) the final, crushing blow as he unwillingly comes to the conclusion that he, not someone else, killed his wife. It almost completely breaks him mentally, and that's represented by the wounds that he shows from then on. The fact that he and Kane managed to recover somewhat and bandage the wounds show that, while the revelation still messed him up really bad, it didn't completely destroy him.

If Xiu "lives", then it gives him some sort of internal closure. If Xiu "dies", Lynch goes finally, irrevocably insane and becomes a complete monster, and is eventually shot down in the street. Presumably, Kane would "die" immediately after Xiu, since Xiu's death would have destroyed Lynch's reason and rationality. Possibly, this would be represented by Lynch killing Kane in a blind rage to represent his last-ditch effort to keep from being crushed by his guilt by diving head-first into madness.

*sits back* I'll be here all week, folks.

And no, this was not a theory developed in five minutes to help Grievous out. That's just silly.

Brackstone17
8th Jun 2010, 00:25
I seem to say this a lot around here, but I think you are over-thinking things, a lot. Its fun for speculation, but I highly doubt that is what will happen in the game.

SlashPrower
8th Jun 2010, 00:29
I know, it was just for fun.

Of course, I'm going to play the game, refine the theory, and have it make sense- not because I believe it, just because it's fun putting the "all in your mind" symbolism spin on things.

ohitspatty
8th Jun 2010, 00:39
I actually think it sounds bad.
If the game ended up that way, I would be pissed.

SlashPrower
8th Jun 2010, 00:42
Well, of course it would be bad. No one likes the whole "LOL JUST A DREAM" ending in anything. I'd be pissed, too.

I'm just messing around.

ohitspatty
8th Jun 2010, 00:45
Then why even think of such evil, evil thoughts? :D

SlashPrower
8th Jun 2010, 00:47
Because I love symbolism and also I was trying to give Grievous a way to keep his whole "Xiu doesn't exist" thing valid. :D

Brackstone17
8th Jun 2010, 00:52
Xiu is 47 in disguise. His mission was to assassinate Kane but he didn't know where to start so he pretends to be Lynch's girlfriend in case they ever met up again.

Thus Xiu doesn't exist, only 47.

SlashPrower
8th Jun 2010, 00:54
But it was totally implied in the first trailer that Xiu had sex with Lynch-

Wait...

:lol:

Soooooo, wouldn't that make 47 a girl or did he just fake it somehow and now I have to stop because I'm grossing myself out a bit

Brackstone17
8th Jun 2010, 00:59
Remember, you never see 47 coming. Xiu is the last one anyone would ever suspect, that's why she's so suspicious. One minute you think you're enjoying a nice afternoon on the patio with your girlfriend and then BAM you get a pair of garden shears in the eye. He's a crafty one, that 47.

ohitspatty
8th Jun 2010, 01:17
Maybe it is/was Black Charon/The Skeleton Key all along.

GrievousOdyssey
8th Jun 2010, 11:57
This is a totally valid theory, so I'm reposting it here and adding a ton of crap.

And no, this was not a theory developed in five minutes to help Grievous out. That's just silly.

Well i don't care , it's just so beautiful *hug* ...

I actually think it sounds bad.
If the game ended up that way, I would be pissed.

That's one pissed off customer already , it seems to be typical from IO ...

Well, of course it would be bad. No one likes the whole "LOL JUST A DREAM" ending in anything. I'd be pissed, too.

I'm just messing around.

To be fair , your theory doesn't fit it in the stereotypical "it's just a dream" story narrtive , just saying ...

But hey , you know before Dead Men was released quite a few people theorized that Lynch and Kane are actually the same person ...

Then why even think of such evil, evil thoughts? :D

Obviously i have nothing to do with evil , evil thoughts in this forum ... honestly ...

Because I love symbolism and also I was trying to give Grievous a way to keep his whole "Xiu doesn't exist" thing valid. :D

Yeah *hug* ...

But our plot twist is so valid AND TRUE that IO are having a meeting right now and they have to re-write the whole script and make up a whole new ending , and thanks to our brilliant minds Dog Days is delayed for another year ...

Marvelous ...

GrievousOdyssey
8th Jun 2010, 12:01
Xiu is 47 in disguise. His mission was to assassinate Kane but he didn't know where to start so he pretends to be Lynch's girlfriend in case they ever met up again.

Thus Xiu doesn't exist, only 47.

Actually 47 is Kane , not Xiu ...

But it was totally implied in the first trailer that Xiu had sex with Lynch-

Wait...

:lol:

Soooooo, wouldn't that make 47 a girl or did he just fake it somehow and now I have to stop because I'm grossing myself out a bit

Alright so yesterday was the whole 'no shoot dog' thing now today is ... is ...

wut ? ...

SlashPrower
8th Jun 2010, 12:46
Yeah *hug* ...

But our plot twist is so valid AND TRUE that IO are having a meeting right now and they have to re-write the whole script and make up a whole new ending , and thanks to our brilliant minds Dog Days is delayed for another year ...

Marvelous ...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

But anyway, 47 is both Kane and Xiu at the same time. He's just that good.

Hell with it, he's also Glazer. He's carefully manipulating Lynch to do...something. Not sure what.

"But how could he be both Glazer and Kane at the same time in the same car?" you might ask. Well, he can do that. He's Agent 47, *****.

GrievousOdyssey
8th Jun 2010, 12:50
So Agent 47 can be two people at the same time , but he can't give us a fifth journey around the world ? ...

That's just lame ...