PDA

View Full Version : Why are they making this sequel?

aieeeee
7th Apr 2010, 12:11
The first one, was, let's face it, a steaming pile of mediocrity at best and I don't even think it sold too well tbh. Doesn't seem much point to making this sequel. I know I wont be buying it.

vaultbreaker
7th Apr 2010, 12:23
You came to the wrong board man.

aieeeee
7th Apr 2010, 12:25
No this is definitely the right board.

Vulture
7th Apr 2010, 12:38
No this is definitely the right board.

well 1.7 million people bought the first one and i guess few people probably liked it out of 1.7 million, and IOI decided to make a sequel to please that few people
:sarcasm:

BeardedHoplite
7th Apr 2010, 12:50
Probably because the stroy is actually good, unlike at least 97% of games now. That and it sold almost two million copies.

petersjov
7th Apr 2010, 12:58
The first one, was, let's face it, a steaming pile of mediocrity at best and I don't even think it sold too well tbh. Doesn't seem much point to making this sequel. I know I wont be buying it.

Sorry, you wrong ;-)

Its not the best game out there, but!!

- very nice gunplay
- great characters
- destruction in the invioment, was good.
- adult story
- varied levels & background

not that bad, for an old game ;-)

Bevacur
7th Apr 2010, 13:06

Thank you for your opinion. I don't even know why your here. Why are you here? Press X on the very top right corner and leave.

BeardedHoplite
7th Apr 2010, 13:07
Everybpdy has an opinion and everybody has an *******
and they both stink

Bevacur
7th Apr 2010, 13:29
What is wrong with the game anyway? I'm with Peters here.

very nice gunplay
- great characters
- destruction in the invioment, was good.
- adult story
- varied levels & background

Some websites may have given the first game mediocre reviews but they did point out that it had a great story. I think IGN was one of them, not sure may have to go searching for it.

One of Seven
7th Apr 2010, 15:58
If you don't like it you can get out!

petersjov
7th Apr 2010, 16:01
Just a quick one to Bevacur -

The first time i play the end of the first level, where your are waiting for the van, outside at the coffee shop, WOW that was tense.... never played a game with the many bullets flying around my ears before, very very nice ;-)

Brackstone17
7th Apr 2010, 16:22
Let's not forget that the game didn't just sell nearly 2 million copies, it sold nearly 2 million copies during the same Christmas season where Modern Warfare, Halo 3, Bioshock, Assassins Creed, and Mass Effect were all released. Those are all games from very popular and well known developers. The fact that IO was able to sell a shooter while competing with those games means they must have gotten something right.

Bevacur
7th Apr 2010, 18:55
It was also a nominee at the British Academy Video Game Awards, so i would not really call this game mediocre.

But for now:

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/044/778/original/hatersgonnacat.jpg?1269800767

I fear we have more haters on the way soon guys and ladies, lets fight back! *draws knife*

One of Seven
7th Apr 2010, 23:47
*Draws knife* Yes, lets!

SlashPrower
7th Apr 2010, 23:55
I'm going to repeat what a previous poster said and say that the story was good and it actually sold quite a lot of copies.

I was surprised, too, but in a good way.

*sets up shop* Come to Slash's Armory! We have knives, guns, even RPGs for all your hater-killing needs. 50% discount if you can correctly name the three guys Kane broke out of prison.

BeardedHoplite
8th Apr 2010, 00:29
50% discount if you can correctly name the three guys Kane broke out of prison.

Hmm...Thapa, Madsen, Rific, Shelly
I want a FAL with an infared sight

SlashPrower
8th Apr 2010, 00:41
Lol, you win. I'll even throw in this lovely .45 Magnum as a secondary weapon.

That'll be, er...*calculates*

$100.

We don't charge much because we just take our supplies off of the bodies of dead haters. Their aim is too terrible for them to ever have a chance against us.

One of Seven
8th Apr 2010, 00:44
*Steals the arms and bolts out the building* See you lata, aligata!

SlashPrower
8th Apr 2010, 00:52
>____O *chases after Seven with a baseball bat*

BeardedHoplite
8th Apr 2010, 01:02
My gats!

Dr Klowneus
8th Apr 2010, 02:14
This Threads Retarded, can it be closed, pretty please

Zidrien
8th Apr 2010, 03:35
The first one had a few problems yes, but I think that everyone is looking foward to the sequal. Are you sure you're in the right place here?

Nick@IO
8th Apr 2010, 07:12
Yeah, this seems pretty pointless. Shutting it down.