PDA

View Full Version : HUNTER Grenade - too big damage too big radius

888Demon888
21st Mar 2014, 16:28
600 dmg and radius, and only 12 sec cooldown, are you seriously??? One grenade enough to turn vampire in useless pice of meat, after that he even can't attack, he come out and Game Over.
P.S. When I look at Hunter or Alchemist and then at Scout, there just one thought in my mind WHY, WHY YOU HATE SO MUCH SCOUT??? :cry: :cry: :cry: (if there wasn't Stormbow, Scout would be completely useless)

Razaiim
21st Mar 2014, 16:39
Grenade takes 2 seconds to detonate, and bounces. Also the grenade doesn't do full damage in the whole radius, I believe it does fall off. 2 seconds is more then enough to escape the majority, if not all of the damage form grenade.

888Demon888
21st Mar 2014, 16:55
I hope smbdy will show you HOW grenade work, my naive friend. It's looks like that: you sitting somewhere then bip and poof GAME OVER.

MasterShuriko
21st Mar 2014, 17:11
I hope smbdy will show you HOW grenade work, my naive friend. It's looks like that: you sitting somewhere then bip and poof GAME OVER.

Wait are you sitting still as a vampire?
Always move around and be on your toes. Just because you play as a vampire doesnt mean you can sit still and soak damage, especially not a grenade exploding in your face and makes you eat 600 damage. If you move away then you take less / none damage.

cmstache
21st Mar 2014, 17:58
You must be in the games where I've been experimenting with grande :)

Yes grenade has a 2 second detonation, however, a good thrower can make it explode about the time it touches the ground. My pro-throwing skillz have been causing havoc. I DO think grenade needs a 15 second cooldown. The damage itself is about right though. It's great for support.

888Demon888
21st Mar 2014, 18:19
"Wait are you sitting still as a vampire?
Always move around and be on your toes. Just because you play as a vampire doesnt mean you can sit still and soak damage, especially not a grenade exploding in your face and makes you eat 600 damage. If you move away then you take less / none damage."
Sometimes you wait your team or just making ambush, + more you move easy to spot you, but looks like you just can't understand that

MasterShuriko
21st Mar 2014, 19:12
"Wait are you sitting still as a vampire?
Always move around and be on your toes. Just because you play as a vampire doesnt mean you can sit still and soak damage, especially not a grenade exploding in your face and makes you eat 600 damage. If you move away then you take less / none damage."
Sometimes you wait your team or just making ambush, + more you move easy to spot you, but looks like you just can't understand that

Washing my hands here now

cmstache
21st Mar 2014, 19:19
It's not that we don't understand. It's that it's completely the wrong way to go about it. Obviously, if you get grenaded while not moving you aren't hiding well enough. Don't blame a skill being used because you didn't move.

MasterShuriko
21st Mar 2014, 19:21
It's not that we don't understand. It's that it's completely the wrong way to go about it. Obviously, if you get grenaded while not moving you aren't hiding well enough. Don't blame a skill being used because you didn't move.

My point exactly, Teamwork Cmstache! :friends:

Razaiim
21st Mar 2014, 19:38
Yeah, taking 600 damage to the face is not worth staying in your hiding spot and setting up an ambush. #1 if they throw the grenade at you then they know you were there. 2nd, the 600 damage is incomparable to the couple measely pot shots they'll take at you while you move out of the radius.

killdrith
24th Mar 2014, 13:22
Grenade is a decent support skill that some players are finally giving some love. The sticky bomb could honestly use a slight boost to become as useful.

The Grenade has to compete with Blinding shot and explosive shot which are immediate burst damage and CC. The Grenade take significantly more skill and specific conditions to land where as blinding shot is ALWAYS useful. There is very rarely any circumstance that once a vampire knows a hunter is using a grenade that they can't react to it in time. It has a damage radius that drops off fairly quickly.

Scouts are not useless. I can make almost any scout build work. I even enjoy using the scout bow when there's an opportunity. I'll go beyond that and say that you can even make Camouflage + Hook + scout bow work, which is a combination of the weakest skills. Turret is still ridiculously good, and daggers have limitless potential. In comparison to hunters they do require more conditions to reach full potential, but I believe hunters will be toned down a bit. Scouts are fine.

Korevas
25th Mar 2014, 17:44

Sorry but that's just ridiculous. There is just no excuse for being regularly grenaded at range before your team even attacks, that is definitely a player issue.

SiD_Green
25th Mar 2014, 19:32
Just to be clear, the damage definitely falls off from the center. Not sure the actual minimum, but it's under 100.

Saturnity
29th Mar 2014, 07:29
P.S. When I look at Hunter or Alchemist and then at Scout, there just one thought in my mind WHY, WHY YOU HATE SO MUCH SCOUT??? :cry: :cry: :cry: (if there wasn't Stormbow, Scout would be completely useless)

You obviously haven't met a scout that can aim. Both high burst damage and DPS at all ranges is deadly.