PDA

View Full Version : FFVII Graphics Issues

member_10822883
14th Aug 2012, 17:12
I'm having this bizarre issue in the new release where aside from cutscenes and battle, none of the graphics are showing up. That means no menus or backgrounds outside of the opening cutscene so far, enough to the point where the instant Cloud jumps off the train, the entire background literally disappears to the point where he, Barett, and the two soldiers are standing in a black abyss. I've tried messing around with the game's settings from the launch menu, but nothing seems to fix this.

member_10431043
14th Aug 2012, 22:22
I'm having the same exact issue. Only cut sceneor prerender images from battles will show. everything else is black, I can't see the menus or anything else

TheRealJayHarvey
15th Aug 2012, 18:35
Is there a known fix for the black bar on the bottom of the game? It's not there on the menu. I know on the 1st PC remake there was a patch for it. Can't believe they didn't fix this on the Re-Release.

digitoxin
15th Aug 2012, 19:39
Is there a known fix for the black bar on the bottom of the game? It's not there on the menu. I know on the 1st PC remake there was a patch for it. Can't believe they didn't fix this on the Re-Release.

I think the black bar is part of the game. If you open up the menu in game, you will notice part of the menu fills up the bar.

Asuha
15th Aug 2012, 19:49
I've seen this as well, and as mentioned above, it does seem to be part of the game. I'm playing in windowed mode at 4:3 aspect ratio, if that helps.

member_10430031
15th Aug 2012, 21:05
I'm seeing this as well on one of my PCs. Were you guys able to update to 1.06? Seems to be related to the issue in this thread:

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347/29315763/Finally_got_Final_fantasy_VII_installed_and_loaded_but_wont_update)

sjfilly
16th Aug 2012, 10:29
The whole game has been fine up till now.
When you leave Midgar and you're walking around on the World, its VERY VERY dark.
Practically unplayable. Am I the only one to experience this?

member_10224731
16th Aug 2012, 13:48
After struggling like others to download and install the game, I managed to get it to launch. I was pretty excited to play the game once again but was disappointed to see (or not see) that the menu and backgrounds do not display at all and are instead just solid black.

The first cutscene plays normally, but as soon as they jump off the train and it switches to the normal background, it goes black. You can still see the players and such however. Once you start any battle though, the menu also does not display.

I have been searching for similar issues, but have not seen much on here, hence me posting this.

I have tried other resolutions and changing the video options, but nothing has helped so far. I am currently running the 1.0.5 version, but when I try to update, the updater returns an error that it can't start the updater.

If anyone has a solution or tricks, I would be extremely grateful to hear them. A friend of mine also purchased the game and is experiencing the same issues on his machine.

If there is nothing I can do, I will request a refund, but I hope that is not necessary.

Seebass616
16th Aug 2012, 14:03
have you tried uninstalling it and then instaling it again? whenever i downloaded it the first time, it wouldn't let me play the game at all. after i reinstalled it though, it worked fine.

member_10224731
16th Aug 2012, 14:46
I had tried that yesterday, but I guess I will try it again. Appreciate it.

/crosses fingers.

tir43l
16th Aug 2012, 17:58
You could also try disabling/enabling the Original Graphics option, just to see if it helps. Also, just to eliminate all possiblities, I would update my graphics drivers, just in case it is an issue there and not with FF7.

xianhatesyou
16th Aug 2012, 17:59
Bump - I am having the same exact problem right now.

I am running on Win7 Ultimate 64 (through Parallels) and I just installed DirectX (Jun 2010).

member_10224731
16th Aug 2012, 19:10
I uninstalled and redownloaded/installed using the supplied installer. Launched the game, same issue.

I had also tried the 'original graphics' option both times, but experienced the same issue.

I then uninstalled and downloaded/installed using the alternate download method that some have posted on these forums. Now when I go to launch the game, it hangs on loading. After a few moments it says that I need a working internet connection. Obviously I have one otherwise I would not be downloading it or posting this. On a side note, I have disabled antivirus/firewall and any other software that impacts my connection.

As for the graphic card driver update, I had tried that the other day as well so I am current, but had forgotten to mention it in my original post.

OS = win7 enterprise x64

I work in IT, so I can normally find some workaround, but this is starting to get frustrating. I guess I had expected a re-release to be packaged to install correctly on todays standard machines, but it appears they just slapped some DRM on the original PC version, which was also a pain to get running correctly.

Any other suggestions or advice would be more than welcome.

member_10430031
17th Aug 2012, 01:16
I have the same problem on one of my PCs. I think this is only happening to people who can't update to 1.0.6 because of the updater error. Devs, do you have any insight on the updater error yet? is there any information you need from us that would help?

joshuavetere
17th Aug 2012, 14:19
Does anyone know a fix to this issue? I have a Black screen after the opening production screen. I can hear the music in the background and can select the new file but I am not able to see anything.

Also during the game the background is black and my attack screen is blacked out as well? Is this an update issue? Direct X?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

member_10430031
17th Aug 2012, 21:42
What version of the game is up when you run it? I think this happens when the updater is unable to run and upgrade you version from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6. Haven't heard anything from the devs yet.

mlabrador732-291579
18th Aug 2012, 13:14
I am having the same exact problem on a Windows 7 64-bit system. I've redownloaded and reinstalled multiple times, and every time I have started the game the initial menu does not show up, but I can still interact with it. When the game starts the cutaway scene from the train movie shows the characters but not the background.

I also receive the update error so I am still on version 1.0.5.

Has anyone found a resolution to this?

APV
19th Aug 2012, 01:45
RESOLVED: Cleaned most traces off my computer and did a fresh install. At a guess, the problem was a corrupt WM0.BOT.

I just played through almost 7 hours and had no technical problems at all up until now. I haven't made any modifications (e.g. to the sound).

Running this game on Vista SP2 32-bit OS with a 2GHz Pentium dual-core T2400, 2GB RAM, and the Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family graphics card (780MB of memory). I'm running the game on dual monitors [edit: the game displays on the primary one, fullscreen resolution with linear filtering, aspect ratio preserved and 1280x800 @ 60Hz].

After beating the last boss before leaving Midgar / after saving Aeris, I left to enter the world map for the first time... and the game immediately came up with an error message, which I can't even alt-tab to read (even when I tab to that box, nothing shows up). The music continues playing, but the game itself blackscreens and does absolutely nothing when I try to get to the menu, save, etc.

A reboot didn't solve the problem, and it seems to have nothing to do with my firewall and antivirus programs.

[edit 2: changing the resolution, fullscreen, linear filtering, aspect ratio, and graphics mode options have done nothing. I also tested my network, turned off the dual monitor setting and still no go...]

joshuavetere
19th Aug 2012, 09:42
I am running on 1.0.5. I guess I will just have to wait for the updater to work.

xianhatesyou
21st Aug 2012, 11:15
Bump - would be nice to have resolution to the 1.0.6 updater issue and perhaps consequently fix the menus.

dennisharrison
21st Aug 2012, 12:27
I might as well bump this, also.

xianhatesyou
21st Aug 2012, 13:36
I might as well bump this, also.

I downloaded FF7 to a separate (pure windows) machine (same Win7 Ultimate x64 OS) and it updated (1.0.6) and worked fine from the start.

On my original machine, I tried copypasta the programs directory and it still does not run without the blackened menus. I verified that I have the latest version of DirectX on both machines. Perhaps I'm missing something else from the new machine...will dig further until I'm out of patience.

DarkAtronach
21st Aug 2012, 14:44
Just another bump - same issue.
I'm wondering for those experiencing the issue, is it happening on a 2nd (or 3rd) PC that you have installed the game on? For me it's happening on a 2nd... is it an issue with installing the game on multiple PCs?

DarkAtronach
21st Aug 2012, 14:48
Sorry - forgot to mention that mine is updated to 1.0.6 and still experiencing this issue.

wowzors77
22nd Aug 2012, 16:23
when i downloaded this game it installed fine, when i press play button it goes to a full screen thats black it loads for a bit then closes back to the launcher no matter how many times i press play, weird thing is when i change from my current display hooked up with vga to my tv that uses hdmi the game loads fine! any way to fix this?

member_10224731
22nd Aug 2012, 21:43
OP here... I am bumping as well...

We can't be the only ones experiencing this issue, which basically prevents us from enjoying the game we paid for. Please Squenix forums, I beg you, you are our only hope. /end transmission

Luhgnut
23rd Aug 2012, 17:26
bump

jt2414-281443
23rd Aug 2012, 19:57
No one is going to respond here. Typically, with a good company they will look at their forums and help their customers but these guys are only interested in getting your money then hiding.

I highly suggest you call them. But, most likely they will just blame your computer and not help you.

Doesn't hurt to call though. 310-846-0345

wowzors77
23rd Aug 2012, 21:03
i sent in a ticket for it a few days ago doubt ill see a response guess ill just have to play it on the tv instead of monitor

member_10199578
24th Aug 2012, 22:32
Well, for what it's worth, I'm in the same boat. I installed in on my macbook pro running parallels, and when that didn't run, I stalled it on a normal Win7 x64 computer. In both cases I installed 1.0.5 and when I run the Launcher, the program checks for updates, appears to download a very small update, but then can't apply it saying "Can't start the updater".

If I hit continue, I see the EIDOS splash movie and then the SquareSoft splash movie. Then black screen w/ FF music playing. I can blindly hit Enter or Esc or something and the music stops playing, now there's nothing. If I use arrow keys I hear the sound effect for switching menu entries, but the menu itself is totally black. If it hit 'X' (Accept), I can start a new game and the first cinematic plays. But then when gameplay starts, the graphics are not correct... The background scenery is all black but i see the character models. During the first battle, the UI for the players is totally black. The game is basically unplayable... =/

I've tried running as Administrator, running in compatibility modes, etc... I've tried right-clicking both the Launcher and the FF7-en.exe to specify run in Administrator mode, compatibility mode.. I haven't found any combination that makes a difference, but maybe I haven't picked the right choices yet. Pretty frustrating, but at least with this thread I know i'm not alone....

infectedmite
26th Aug 2012, 12:08
Any word on that ticket you sent in? This just started happening on my g/f's PC and it had been working fine until now. She clicks play. It launches a black screen then crashes back to the launcher.

crono1973
26th Aug 2012, 21:47
Check this out.

I have a Panasonic Blu-Ray player the has Netflix built in. When I tried to hook it up to an SDTV via AV cables, Netflix refused to work. Apparently Netflix requires HDMI because there is some sort of copy protection in the cable.

Why am I telling you this? I wonder if this is a similar issue.

infectedmite
27th Aug 2012, 07:33
Check this out.

I have a Panasonic Blu-Ray player the has Netflix built in. When I tried to hook it up to an SDTV via AV cables, Netflix refused to work. Apparently Netflix requires HDMI because there is some sort of copy protection in the cable.

Why am I telling you this? I wonder if this is a similar issue.

When I get home later I'll give it a shot by hooking her PC up to a HDMI monitor I have.

infectedmite
27th Aug 2012, 12:12
It's working fine again without use of a HDMI cable. No reason I can see why it would be working again like magic. The only problem now is she did a full system restore yesterday and it won't sync her saves from her cloud. She has effectively lost all her progress on her game. Cloud saves aren't that useful if you cannot access them SE....

member_10430031
27th Aug 2012, 13:48
Has anyone created a support ticket on this? I'll give it a shot today though from what I'm hearing no one is really getting any answers.

fred.chagnon
27th Aug 2012, 15:46
Same system specs, exact same problem. I looked to see if there was anywhere else I could download the 1.0.6 patch but to no avail. I believe that patch will likely fix the issues with Win 7 64 bit. but who knows.

This seems to be a gong show of a rollout.

joshuavetere
28th Aug 2012, 08:02
Same exact problem. Have had this issue since day one. I gave up on this game and getting refund...so long square.

xianhatesyou
29th Aug 2012, 21:16
Bump... Still nothing?

member_10622683
3rd Sep 2012, 23:27
I have the same issue... I'm running Parallels 8 with a 2011 MBP. I've installed it on XP, Windows 7 and 8: same issue. I'm more than positive it's an update needed on SQenix's side (for FF7 itself).

I also have the issue of not being able to update FF7 in my above OS's as well (from 1.0.5 -> 1.0.6). It would be most appropriate that a SQenix rep would at least let us know that there is a "known" issue and they are at least working on it, since it is obviously a bug (or at the least, someone who has submitted a support ticket should report back to one of these threads. I'm about to submit my own).

thegreensmile1
4th Sep 2012, 11:05
Just wondering if there was a settings guide to tell me what each setting does. Most are pretty self explanitory but I'm not sure what the best way to filter out the jaggies on the backrounds might be. Already enabled fxaa.

xianhatesyou
5th Sep 2012, 19:37
I have the same issue... I'm running Parallels 8 with a 2011 MBP. I've installed it on XP, Windows 7 and 8: same issue. I'm more than positive it's an update needed on SQenix's side (for FF7 itself).

I also have the issue of not being able to update FF7 in my above OS's as well (from 1.0.5 -> 1.0.6). It would be most appropriate that a SQenix rep would at least let us know that there is a "known" issue and they are at least working on it, since it is obviously a bug (or at the least, someone who has submitted a support ticket should report back to one of these threads. I'm about to submit my own).

Since it works on my Win7 64bit desktop w/ the same OS, I wonder if it's the MB Pro video card that's not supported; or perhaps the default drivers that parallels uses to render the screen?

Although, someone on twitter mentioned they were running it just fine w/ Parallels on an MBPro...though it may be an older/different model.

TifaTrouble-363410
6th Sep 2012, 12:21

Since it works on my Win7 64bit desktop w/ the same OS, I wonder if it's the MB Pro video card that's not supported; or perhaps the default drivers that parallels uses to render the screen?

Although, someone on twitter mentioned they were running it just fine w/ Parallels on an MBPro...though it may be an older/different model.

That would be my guess. Alot of older games, I need to dumb down my graphics. My drivers are not up to date right now because when I update them, none of my games run properly. There are big huge triangle polygons chopping up the screen and stuff. Works with older drivers though.

Clouder90
6th Sep 2012, 22:30
There is no way to fix the backrounds. They are prerendered and thus cannot be modified without replacing the whole backround, which is impossible.

member_10199578
7th Sep 2012, 23:41

That would be my guess. Alot of older games, I need to dumb down my graphics. My drivers are not up to date right now because when I update them, none of my games run properly. There are big huge triangle polygons chopping up the screen and stuff. Works with older drivers though.

This is an interesting theory. On the three machines I've tried to run this on:

- MBP w/ Parallels, Win7 x64

- My work computer, a Win7 x64 box

- My home PC, a Win7 x64 box

I have this issue on the MBP and my work machine, but strangely my home PC downloaded 1.0.5 and successfully patched to 1.0.6. Then the game seems to run completely normal after that.

The difference at least between the two Win7 native boxes is that my work machine was recently updated to the latest nVidia drivers (which seem buggy w/r/t other graphics apps I use (I'm a game developer)) .. My home PC is not on the latest drivers and maybe that's why it worked, as hypothesized here.

----

If SquareEnix could just make the 1.0.6 version be what's downloaded by the initial download manager app, maybe that would solve this issue by dodging the strange inability to patch...

xianhatesyou
8th Sep 2012, 08:15
If SquareEnix could just make the 1.0.6 version be what's downloaded by the initial download manager app, maybe that would solve this issue by dodging the strange inability to patch...

I am running 1.0.6 on my Parallels instances (upgraded to 8 today) and the issue persists. I'm going to ask the guy I saw on Twitter about his version of Parallels, the OS he's running, and if it's a new or old MB.

xianhatesyou
8th Sep 2012, 09:27
Virtual Machine > Configure > Options > Security > Isolate Mac from Windows

The issue was resolved by checking the Parallels Knowledge Base about third party apps (shout out to SamCroft).

xianhatesyou
8th Sep 2012, 09:29
FIX INSIDE: Black Menus & Graphics in OSX Parallels (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347/29369625/FIX_INSIDE:__Black_Menus__Graphics_in_OSX_Parallels)

member_10199578
8th Sep 2012, 16:39
Virtual Machine > Configure > Options > Security > Isolate Mac from Windows

The issue was resolved by checking the Parallels Knowledge Base about third party apps (shout out to SamCroft).

I am happy to report that this resolved the issue for me on my MBP running Parallels 7. For someone reading this who might still be on Parallels 7 like me, I wanted to be a little more verbose. If you're running in Coherence:

Click the red Parallels icon, choose Devices -> Sharing -> Configure. Then from here, Do like quoted above. Security -> isolate Mac from Windows.

After I did this, the game patched successfully and ran correctly!

So I suspect that for the people with busted Windows boxes, the underlying problem might be that on those machines the My Documents folder might be a network path or otherwise remapped from a normal local harddrive path. That would explain why my work computer doesn't work, but my home PC does.

Thanks for your help here!

member_10430031
11th Sep 2012, 16:29
Still happens on my work Windows 7 64 bit PC. i was using old nvidia drivers then updated and it was still broken. nVidia drivers wouldn't explain why the updater wouldnt launch anyway.

sharding
14th Sep 2012, 18:36
Hey SJ,

We would like you to please Click on Start, and click on Run (or hold down the windows key and press "R". At the run line type in DXDIAG, and hit OK Click "Save all information" (in the Dxdiag window) and save it to a TXT file. Copy all that information and reply to this thread with it.

Thanks!

Darkrammer
4th Oct 2012, 15:47
Im having the same problem too and i send a message to square enix and they told me that my graphic card cant run the game which is bull cause i have GT220 so it can run that game. they just need to update there stupid game cause im not really happy with them

jzero222
26th Oct 2012, 11:01
This fix worked for me. Thanks!

Kimura410
1st Nov 2012, 17:46
I tried to play FF7 that I just downloaded and I get the message: " Failed to create a useful Direct3D device". How do I resolve this. I downloaded the latest Direct3D and the latest Winzip programs, and I still get this message. Thanks!

Kimura410
2nd Nov 2012, 09:08
Just an update: I am running an old Acer, probably from 05. It runs on Windows XP. I downloaded the latest; Winzip, Windows Media Player, DirectX, RDFx Voodoo 2. My only possible concern is that I am missing something within Winzip. I downloaded Voodoo 2, opened in winzip, a bunch of files appear. Do I need to do anything to "activate" or install any of these files? I feel like if I have all of the above programs downloaded, my FF7 should work, right? I even uninstalled FF7 and reinstalled it. I changed the the settings to a windowed paramater (non full screen), and tried all of the different resolutions. Still, same message: Failed to create useful direct 3d device. Someone has gotta know how to fix this, please help me out.

DeKnox
3rd Nov 2012, 10:47
Fix worked for updater, still getting 'Failed to create a useful Direct3D device.' error though..

DeKnox
3rd Nov 2012, 10:53
Same issue here, running Windows 7 via Parallels 8 on a Mac. Error occurs whether I'm running DirectX 9 or 10. Would love some help - thanks!

SE-Chris
5th Nov 2012, 18:15
You might want to check some of the related 3Dfx sites for perhaps a set of beta graphics card drivers or something which has been coded for that card in the last 7 years. I'd also recommend doing your Windows Updates as there may be a whole slew of items which may affect this, DirectX, .net, device drivers, etc. just to be sure. Whenever I've seen an issue like this on my systems it's been because I've had another program running (eating up resources), for which I would suggest doing a clean boot via the MSCONFIG tool. Or, I've seen this when running multiple monitors or an SLI/Crossfire scenario, for which I would have you check any attached displays/extra monitors. Basically disable all other displays, give the system a reboot and see if it frees up the video processor.

manicfan64
11th Nov 2012, 21:10
Once I enter the world map and explore around a message pops up saying Error: An unknown exception has occured and crashes. Would I have to re-install the game in order to fix the problem?

Grimoire
12th Nov 2012, 02:01
[Blackout / error as soon as I reach the world map...]

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347... (/go/thread/view/139347/29326747/Blackout__error_as_soon_as_I_reach_the_world_map...?post_id=523181497#523181497)

RESOLVED: Cleaned most traces off my computer and did a fresh install. At a guess, the problem was a corrupt WM0.BOT.

[Graphics Problem - Left Midgar and its VERY dark]

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347... (/go/thread/view/139347/29320213/Graphics_Problem_-_Left_Midgar_and_its_VERY_dark?post_id=523077063#523077063)

We would like you to please Click on Start, and click on Run (or hold down the windows key and press "R". At the run line type in DXDIAG, and hit OK Click "Save all information" (in the Dxdiag window) and save it to a TXT file. Copy all that information and reply to this thread with it.

Kimura410
12th Nov 2012, 20:48
Just an update it appears to be my graphics card. Square support emailed me saying I will be unable to play the game until I update my driver. I then did a search on drivers and got a bunch of spam ones. I downloaded from the graphics card manufacturers website directly, but when I tried to install it through winzip, nothing happened when I double clicked the setup.exe option. Its like no matter what I do in order to get this game to work, another challenge lies in my way each time. And honestly, I am getting really close to just giving up and getting a refund. Im scared to even get this game working because of all the problems people seem to be having and negative reviews. Anyways, I guess I am upset because I thought it would be an easy download and boom, I can play. Instead there are these specific requirements and hoops you have to jump through if your display is not exactly what the game dictates. And geez, why couldn't they make this compatible with mac? I wouldn't be here in the first place. I mean, I know I pulled my 7 year old computer out of the woodwork and all, but seriously, final fantasy 7 graphics on the playstation one which was released in 1997 is not compatible with my 2005 PC? Wow, not sure I understand the system requirements to demand a graphics card of a certain prestige in order to run a game from 97!? Hopefully someone reads this, because I can't be the only one who thinks that logic makes no sense whatsoever.

SE-Chris
13th Nov 2012, 18:17
Thanks for the thread links Gravity, those definitely cover the issue. A reinstall may be the simplest way to get this back up and running if it is some corruption issue. You can get the client once again from www.findmyorder.com if you don't have the files anymore. Though double check that you can re-download them before deleting anything. If this is not related to the files you'll want to make sure that your DirectX and graphics card drivers are up to date. You can check out your card manufacturer's website, either AMD.com or Nvidia.com for these updates.

indyjamesb
5th Dec 2012, 10:21
I play this game on my home computer with no problems at all running Windows 7 64bit. I am having a problem when I was trying to run this on my computer I use in my business when I run the launcher the updater will fail it just says error can't start the updater it seems to download it ok. I am stuck on version 1.0.5 so I'm not sure if that is the cause of my second graphical problem. The graphical problem seems to be related when the game is displaying content that isn't a polygon everything that isn't a polygon will show up as black so when you start the game you just get a black screen I can start the game and it plays the opening FMV just fine but when you hop off the train the screen is black and you can only see Cloud and the guards.

Nyrhockey094
8th Dec 2012, 10:46
I am running windows 7 64bit version. The game will start up and the opening movie plays but after that when you get to the scene where they jump off the train, the background is just black but the characters appear and I can control them.

Any one know how I can fix this? Also when I get into a battle, the background will show and the characters will but the menu doesn't show up and when I attack an enemy the damage numbers don't show up.

Also I cannot get the updater to work (not sure if this is the source of my problem). I have tried most basic troubleshooting methods but cannot get it to work.

Any help on this would be so greatly appreciated since email support has been absolutely abysmal in helping me :(

Edit***

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347... (/go/thread/view/139347/29369625/FIX_INSIDE:__Black_Menus__Graphics_in_OSX_Parallels)

This thread solved everything for me.

cloberg42-261941
10th Dec 2012, 13:35
I had given up on getting this working for quite some time. The other day I reinstalled and still have the same problems. I was hoping that there would have been some sort of solution by now, but sadly I have not found it.

SE-Chris
13th Dec 2012, 11:54
Alrighty, thank you for posting that you got this fixed. While the game wasn't designed for that type of system I'm glad to see that the response from this other thread got it going for you. I'll be sure to pass this along to others with a Black box graphics problem. Way to go, thanks again.

Nyrhockey094
15th Dec 2012, 08:35
My original problem above has been fixed. I have a new one now. Game runs fine and everything is going great except... the background graphics look horrible. I turned on my original PS1 copy to see if it was just me but the PS1 background graphics look better than this version. They are very choppy and not the least bit smooth.

Ive tried a ton of different settings... just cant figure it out.

Bexini-737767
4th Jan 2013, 05:49
Hi,

I just installed the game and am finding the same issue with the updater not working, currently at v1.0.5. I don't however seem to have any graphical issues.

James: Are you have trouble with any other games or just this one?

Rgds,

Bexini

00Snapdragon
4th Jan 2013, 09:34
I'm having the same graphical issues as James.

All the menus and backgrounds are black, only Cloud and the other characters are visible.

ff_nexus
6th Jan 2013, 05:30
A pink pixel apears in a tree of the "Sleeping Forest".
Flickering Cait Sith in temple.
Red pixels inside room you obtain "Aurora Armlet".
Red pixel in "Gast's House".
Green pixels in multiple trees in"Great Glaicer".
What other glitches can I look forword to?

wweinkauff
30th Jan 2013, 09:59
I having the same problem and just posted about this before finding this thread. It seems this has been an issue for a long time. XD

Nobody enjoys only using a portion of their screen...this seems like something SE could patch to allow full screen during gameplay...I'd like to hear from a moderator if it's possible and if there are any such plans to do so.....please :)

SE-Chris
30th Jan 2013, 19:58
When you see letterboxing on your screen it may be because the game was intended for a different resolution monitor than the one it's being displayed on. Before booting up the game you may want to take a few steps to see if it can be first corrected. Please do make sure you've got the latest video card drivers and DirectX installed (we've even had people show positive results from installing Divx9) first. Then navigate to the settings menu area of the launcher and change the resolution settings to match your desktop area and format. Some monitors are at 16:9 and some are at TV formats like 16:10 so it may take a bit of tweaking. Sadly with a legacy title like this one letterboxing is an inevitability, we're always happy to pass along the Community feedback though. Thanks!

Emerzshiva
18th Mar 2013, 23:39
The top part of the screen is cut off a bit and part of the bottom of the screen has some black on it is there anyway to fix this

EDIT UPDATE: unless that is how its supposed to be cause when im in the menu for changeing members or adjusting materia. The whole menu is in screen.

rosaleeandben
2nd Apr 2013, 09:38
Just bought FF7. Game plays great but the environment graphics are terrible. Ive troubleshot all the video settings and still looks awful. Th characters are nice and crisp but the environment is pixelated. My resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 and like I said, the characters reflect. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance.

destruction7
2nd Apr 2013, 09:57
Because is re release is the same version of 1997! PLaystation 1

rosaleeandben
2nd Apr 2013, 10:15
Because is re release is the same version of 1997! PLaystation 1

I had the original, and the graphics of the enviroment seemed much better.. :)

member_10561550
2nd Apr 2013, 12:17
Simple:

480p = 338,000 pixels / frame and 1080p = 2,074,000 pixels / frame. That means that the 1080p has 2,040,200 more pixels than the 480p.

You're adding more than two million pixels with no change in textures.

rosaleeandben
13th May 2013, 10:51
Gotcha. So they didnt upadte enviroment graphics at all.... http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

Thanks.

volkov956
13th May 2013, 13:39
IS there any way to disable the Square Enix Overlay for achievements and etc I rather have total Full screen the having the black bar on the bottom of the screen any one know a way to disable theyre overlay?

SE-Chris
15th May 2013, 17:02
Unfortunately at this time that feature is unavailable. The black space at the bottom and sides is part of the way the game is displayed on the PC. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Laraul
19th May 2013, 10:04
The enviroments are simple JPEG images (highly compressed ones). And they we're rendered 15 years ago at their Hawaii facility. It was setup specifically to render the 2d backgrounds and movies used in the game. That facility probably closed right after the game was completed for the U.S.

GinBunBun
10th Jul 2013, 00:00
It's a problem with opengl its on all versions of the pc release of final fantasy Vii. square just hasnt released a fix for it.

Ninjatastik
10th Jul 2013, 04:54
Yes it would seem that this is just part of the way the remake was made.

Still, this is a major flaw and is very distracting. Please fix it Square-Enix!

commandrshepard
19th Sep 2013, 07:23
I have a 2012 Macbook Pro with 2.6gz i7 64bit quad core processor, and 8GB ram. Graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1024MB.

I have VMWare Fusion 5 running with Windows 7 Ultimate in a separate desktop that I got solely to play Final Fantasy VII. I have the current version of DirecX 11 installed, and all hardware/video options are set to full performance settings. Every time I try to run the game, it says "Failed to create Direct 3D device" and will not play. I look in dxdiag in start menu and it shows in the display tab that Direct Draw, Direct3D, and AGP Texture acceleration are all NOT AVAILABLE.

I read through this thread http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-gaming/failed-to-create-direct-3d-device/db8aea3c-40e8-4d48-b961-efea13e76315?msgId=308e1495-22e7-4219-aace-7fc352394be2 and nothing there works.

It's mentioned in that thread that another game (tomb raider) might have some compatibility problem stemming from a different version of DirectX, or is a 32/64 bit problem. People in that thread kept saying that they could not change a registry value to solve the problem that seemed to be working for some but I'm in the same camp as the ones asking for help and not getting any answers (the fix that is listed by the first poster isn't available in my registry).

I wish this game would have been released for Mac OSX - I'd have paid triple for it just to not have to deal with this Windows/DirectX garbage :(

But yeah, anyone have an idea of what I can do here before I uninstall and accept that I wasted $13 on this game?

athenian200
16th May 2014, 17:15
I just installed my game on a different computer than the original one... and it does this, no matter what resolution I use, and whether I run it full screen or windowed...

http://i.imgur.com/3BylzC5.jpg

Can you help? These are my system specs from Speccy:

Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770S @ 3.10GHz 45 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
MSI Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751) (SOCKET 0) 28 °C
Graphics
23ET83 (1920x1080@60Hz)
2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (MSI) 32 °C
Storage
476GB M4-CT512M***D2 (SSD)
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

athenian200
16th May 2014, 17:33
Oh, sorry guys.

It looks like it wasn't the game's fault... it's NVidia's fault. Windows Update installed something called a "3D vision" driver somehow, and now all my games look like this.

I managed to uninstall it, but I have no idea why they would enable that by default. I didn't even know it was there until I tried to play a 3D game.