PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Audio Issues

garyfrclev
18th Mar 2014, 19:56
Running into issues? Then, first and foremost, make sure to contact customer support (http://support.eu.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=9721&la=2).
---------------------------------------------------

Are anybody have problems with your sounds on this game mine cuts in and out just open mine put the disk in my ps 3 and it starts messing up please let me know if this is the game and not my machince thank you

kathartik
18th Mar 2014, 20:55
I've noticed an issue with the audio while playing FFXHD. It loads in surround sound (which I have running via optical cable), but when it hits a pre-rendered cutscene, it switches to stereo, which I can sort of understand, but when it exits the pre-rendered portion, it stays in stereo and won't return to surround sound until I exit the game and restart it. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this, as it's kind of disappointing to lose the full effect of the remixed music.

garyfrclev
18th Mar 2014, 21:17
im having a problem with mine like it goes in and out

zakrain
19th Mar 2014, 01:02
i have no sound what so ever. been trying to get it to wrk but nothing.

*update* i have sound during cut scences but not during gameplay.....

garyfrclev
19th Mar 2014, 15:38
yea I noticed that also it was going in and out but as soon as it went to tidus in the city no sound what so ever so whats the deal are they looking into this cause as of right now im sorry but the game is unplayable

garyfrclev
19th Mar 2014, 15:42
what is going on with the sound isues going on with the ff10 and ff12 its goes from in and out sound to no sound during game play im very disappointed right now

porkerpig
19th Mar 2014, 19:26
I've noticed an issue with the audio while playing FFXHD. It loads in surround sound (which I have running via optical cable), but when it hits a pre-rendered cutscene, it switches to stereo, which I can sort of understand, but when it exits the pre-rendered portion, it stays in stereo and won't return to surround sound until I exit the game and restart it. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this, as it's kind of disappointing to lose the full effect of the remixed music.

This is what is happening to me. Starts off in surround sound then goes to stereo during the first CGI right where the blitzball game is in the opening. Once I start playing the game it does not switch back. Disappointing as I was hoping all would be in surround. Hopefully there will be a patch to fix. If not I may take this back.

garyfrclev
20th Mar 2014, 18:11
ive seen a few people post about the sound issues on the remastered final fantasy 10 and x-2 but I have yet to see anything happen or for someone to post that they are working on this issue

Scottie83
20th Mar 2014, 22:43
Yes. Surround sound issues for me as well. Only receiving 2.1 stereo.

Hopefully this can be patched.

zakrain
21st Mar 2014, 06:23
*bump/update/question* when i start up the game i have no sound, starting a new game or loading one that i have previously played on. when i get to a cg fmv scene, the sound kicks on. Ill have sound for the rest of the time im playing. but if i turn it off b/c of various reasons. so when i start up it again. the problem is back. what i want to know if square has any-plans to fix this and are they aware of the problem, i hope so. that's if they read the forums. and do any mods know of the answer.

NiiChan
21st Mar 2014, 15:15
I was playing the games on my PS3, there the Digital versions, and I use an Optical cable for 5.1 surround, well whn i boot up either game it is in 5.1 until it hits a CGI movie thn it goes to Stereo and after the scene it stays tht way till i save and reload thn again at a CGI scene it does it again, is it only the digital version tht does this? If it isn't supposed to do this there needs to be a patch to fix it.

billbloodshed
21st Mar 2014, 15:27
The game does not appear to have any kind of surround sound. No Dolby Digital or DTS logos are on the case or disc like they are usually present when the game has surround sound. I have my PS3 set up for LPCM 5.1 and I do not receive surround sound this way either. Maybe it was intended to have 5.1, and is just not working properly, I'm not sure. I find it odd that Kingdom Hearts was updated to include Surround Sound but this game wasn't.

If your PS3 is set to output Dolby Digital or DTS, the game will output 2.1 as that, but you are still only getting sound through the right and left speakers, not all 5 ,and it will swith back to PCM 2.1 when a cutscenes hits and not switch back to Dolby or DTS. It's a weird bug but either way you are only getting stereo sound.

If you want sound through all of your speakers, set your PS3 to only output PCM 2.1, and let your receiver convert it with Pro Logic II or DTS Neo like I do. Any other setting, at least on my receiver, has the the game sending 2 channel audio as 5.1 (with nothing coming from my center or rear channels) which is not ideal.

I can honestly say I've never had this issue with a game before.

DBear74
21st Mar 2014, 16:51
Having the same issue with the sound here but in reverse!
The game starts up with 2.1 sound. A few seconds before a cut scene plays it goes to 5.1 and stays in 5.1 until I quit the game. When I start the game again it's back to 2.1 and I have to wait for a cut scene to get the 5.1 back. I have emailed Square regarding this issue, am really hoping this gets patched, the sound when it's in 5.1 mode is fantastic, a lot of the fidelity is lost if you switch to output PCM 2.1 and let the receiver convert it though.
Really has put me off playing this, waited so long too I even got a new 5.1 set up ready for this game, ironic there had to be issues with it!

Blahsi
21st Mar 2014, 19:04
I've only ever gotten 2.1 stereo from FFX. I haven't seen it try to play 5.1, although my receiver indicates all 5 speakers are active. As long as the dialogue and music are clear, I'm fine with it for now. But, if it is supposed to be playing in surround I'd like it to at some point. Although, since the DTS and Dolby symbols are missing from the disc and case, I'm not sure what to expect. Hope someone from Square is reading this forum and comments!

emperor0013
21st Mar 2014, 19:26
I am having the same problem.

I have a digital copy of the game, and I've only received PCM stereo output from the beginning. Occasionally, Ill check my amplifier settings and it will allow me to use a Pro Logic setting that I assume is a simulated surround. It doesn't last long, and it ends up going back to stereo output. Normal 5.1 works fine for all my other games and movies that support it. I've dug through my amp manual and ps3 settings, but I am 99% sure it is the game itself.

This is an enormously frustrating problem, why have we heard no acknowledgement from Squenix yet?

Captainsellout
21st Mar 2014, 23:24
I am also experiencing 5.1 problems. FFX will load and play in 5.1 until I hit a pre-rendered cut scene, then it'll switch to PCM 2.1 and stay like that for the rest of the play time. Hope there's a patch soon!

garyfrclev
21st Mar 2014, 23:29
mine goes like a in and out its quite frustrating square-nex has to know about the problem cause ive seen quite a lot of post about the issue

Tenebre81
22nd Mar 2014, 03:21
Hey there NiiChan,

I just wanted you to know that this problem isn't exclusive to the digital version. I have a physical copy and I'm experiencing the exact same issue. To be honest, I've been scorched a lot in the past few years by game features that don't work and this is pretty much the final straw. I will be creating a thread on this forum addressing the issue... and any other gaming forum that I can find. This is a pretty stubborn company and we need to keep the pressure on if we hope to have the issue fixed.

Tenebre81
22nd Mar 2014, 03:24
I have posted this on IGN and will be posting it on multiple gaming related websites until the problem is addressed:

I wanted to warn folks before they go ahead and buy this otherwise awesome trip back to the days of GOOD jrpgs (with the exception of Ni No Kuni, of course).

Squenix messed up the audio. Big time. And I'm not talking about the remastered music.

I've only played X HD so far, but there is a serious issue with the audio channels. My receiver shows the game as playing in DD 5.1, though there is only sound coming out of the two front speakers. When it hits the first cut scene, it will actually play in full 5.1. After the cut scene, it will sometimes remain in 5.1 or revert back to two channel stereo (the game basically does whatever the hell it wants with the audio channels. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.). This is NOT a problem with my receiver. I don't have this issue with any other game. If you look on the Squenix forums, many others are experiencing this same issue. It's also being reported on Gamefaqs: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643146-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/68798966

What makes this even more interesting (and disheartening), is the fact that the Dolby Digital logo doesn't appear anywhere on the Blu case (as it usually does with a game that supports this format). My theory: They knew they eff'd up and decided to remove the logo in order to cover their arse should anyone bring it up. Not good enough. Though I know it may never happen, this issue NEEDS to be fixed.

NiiChan
22nd Mar 2014, 05:09
Yeah I have been a Square fan since Famicom and the US NES, I have played every FF game and every SE game give or take a few, But I think this is ridiculous they had months to fix this why release a incomplete product, Look at FF VII and VIII on Steam they had to patch them do to poor sound, I just hope they fix this soon..
Hey there NiiChan,

I just wanted you to know that this problem isn't exclusive to the digital version. I have a physical copy and I'm experiencing the exact same issue. To be honest, I've been scorched a lot in the past few years by game features that don't work and this is pretty much the final straw. I will be creating a thread on this forum addressing the issue... and any other gaming forum that I can find. This is a pretty stubborn company and we need to keep the pressure on if we hope to have the issue fixed.

NiiChan
22nd Mar 2014, 05:14
Oh yeah FF X-2 does it right at the beginning of the game do to it having a CGI opening.

Yakrius
22nd Mar 2014, 08:35
Yeah I hope there's a patch soon. I'm experiencing the same symptoms where my 5.1 surround sound gets cut down to 2.1 (and plays really quiet) during fmv cutscenes. It's especially annoying since I'm trying to enjoy the high quality upscaled cinematics :(

Tenebre81
22nd Mar 2014, 10:05
I'm having the same surround issue everyone else seems to be having here. I find a lot of times when an issue like this with a game arises, the developers just ignore it. This is Final Fantasy we're talking about. Not cool when something like this happens. I've been posting this same rant on other gaming sites and will continue to do so in the hope that they acknowledge this problem:

"I wanted to warn folks before they go ahead and buy this otherwise awesome trip back to the days of GOOD jrpgs (with the exception of Ni No Kuni, of course).

Squenix messed up the audio. Big time. And I'm not talking about the remastered music.

I've only played X HD so far, but there is a serious issue with the audio channels. My receiver shows the game as playing in DD 5.1, though there is only sound coming out of the two front speakers. When it hits the first cut scene, it will actually play in full 5.1. After the cut scene, it will sometimes remain in 5.1 or revert back to two channel stereo (the game basically does whatever the hell it wants with the audio channels. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.). This is NOT a problem with my receiver. I don't have this issue with any other game. If you look on the Squenix forums, many others are experiencing this same issue.

What makes this even more interesting (and disheartening), is the fact that the Dolby Digital logo doesn't appear anywhere on the Blu case (as it usually does with a game that supports this format). My theory: They knew they eff'd up and decided to remove the logo in order to cover their arse should anyone bring it up. Not good enough. Though I know it may never happen, this issue NEEDS to be fixed."

rikki_tikki
24th Mar 2014, 01:05
Its definitely not just the digital copy. this game is unplayable. The audio is Soooooo off. Doesn't even play at times. And with the stereo format changimg ....so annoying. Wth is up with all the loading screens as well. Piss poor job square enix. I want my money back.

JJz510
24th Mar 2014, 13:53
I have been having some serious issues with the Audio with this game (mainly FFX). I have bought the Limited Edition of FFX/X-2 Remastered brand new, excited as I am I rush home and pop the disc right into my Slim 160GB Ps3.
A couple minutes into it I start to hear the audio lag tremendously at random intervals as well as Repeated words/phrases. Scenes and Audio don't seem to sync and sometimes the game skips entire sentences with out me touching my controller.
I thought it could just be a faulty disc so I took it back to GameStop (GS) and had it replaced with another one. Went back home and AGAIN had the same problem…
Decided to check and see if it was my ps3 but all my other games play fine and don't lag at all with my HDMI cable. As frustrated as I am, I went back to GS and returned it for PSN cards so I could buy the digital copy. After 13 hours of waiting for the 23GB download, I play the game and AGAIN for the third time, game still continues to lag…

I would really like to know if any other Ps3 Users are experiencing this problem and if there will be a patch anytime soon. Please if anyone has information on solving this I would really appreciate it. I really love FFX and would like to play it as soon as possible.

Kadachi
24th Mar 2014, 17:53
That's interesting. Iv'e been playing the new FFX HD remaster I just got and I have no problems with the sound at all (so far). I do have a friend though that is experiencing slightly the problems you seem to be having. All he did to fix it was change his audio channels and it seemed to solve his problem. I can see what he might have done to fix his though further. I wonder if there is only certain disks having the problem though since I don't have any issue with mine so far.

garyfrclev
24th Mar 2014, 23:58
im not really concerned about the surround sound mine keeps like cutting in and out

JJz510
25th Mar 2014, 01:44
I have been having some serious issues with the Audio with this game (mainly FFX).
I have bought the Limited Edition of FFX/X-2 Remastered brand new, excited as I am I rush home and pop the disc right into my Slim 160GB Ps3.
A couple minutes into it I start to hear the audio lag tremendously at random intervals as well as Repeated words/phrases. Scenes and Audio don't seem to sync and sometimes the game skips entire sentences with out me touching my controller.
I thought it could just be a faulty disc so I took it back to GameStop (GS) and had it replaced with another one. Went back home and AGAIN had the same problem…
Decided to check and see if it was my ps3 but all my other games play fine and don't lag at all with my HDMI cable. As frustrated as I am, I went back to GS and returned it for PSN cards so I could buy the digital copy. After 13 hours of waiting for the 23GB download, I play the game and AGAIN for the third time, game still continues to lag…

I would really like to know if any other Ps3 Users are experiencing this problem and if there will be a patch anytime soon. Please if anyone has information on solving this I would really appreciate it. I really love FFX and would like to play it as soon as possible.

ff7geek4
26th Mar 2014, 01:21
I have had problems with my copy as well. It does load, but the audio stutters like a skipping cd or record, cuts off, or skips parts entirely. The characters also disappear off screen during a few cutscenes and continue speaking. The audio is also very delayed behind when the characters are actually speaking when it doe work. It is really really infuriating. I have contacted square about it and they informed me that I just need to restart the game. I did that, did all updates to my system, exchanged my copy for a different disc, tried different televisions, connector methods, and settings both in game and out with no results. They clearly do not know about this or read their forums, because they informed me that no one else has contacted them with complaints about their copy not working. They also said it may be my playstation but all my other games including Lighting Returns, which is much more graphic and audio heavy, all work perfectly. I am not purchasing a new PS3 just to replay FFX and X-2. I really just want to be able to enjoy the game but this is ridiculous.

ff7geek4
26th Mar 2014, 01:23
I have had problems with my copy as well. It does load, but the audio stutters like a skipping cd or record, cuts off, or skips parts entirely. The characters also disappear off screen during a few cutscenes and continue speaking. The audio is also very delayed behind when the characters are actually speaking when it doe work. It is really really infuriating. I have contacted square about it and they informed me that I just need to restart the game. I did that, did all updates to my system, exchanged my copy for a different disc, tried different televisions, connector methods, and settings both in game and out with no results. They clearly do not know about this or read their forums, because they informed me that no one else has contacted them with complaints about their copy not working. They also said it may be my playstation but all my other games including Lighting Returns, which is much more graphic and audio heavy, all work perfectly. I am not purchasing a new PS3 just to replay FFX and X-2. I really just want to be able to enjoy the game but this is ridiculous.

Tholan
27th Mar 2014, 17:24
Been having a problem with mine as well, except not the same problem.
I ordered mine of Amazon and finally got it yesterday. Went ahead to play it, stuck it in PS3 and it just couldn't boot the disc. I left it alone for a few minutes and I could hear it sound like it was going to boot, then it would stop, I'd hear a clicking sound and it would try booting up again but nothing. Thought something was probably wrong with the laser or something, which would of really annoyed me since I JUST bought this PS3 like 3 months ago, but after trying other game discs, Last of Us, Kingdom Hearts 1.5, ect., they all played without a problem.
Later a friend came over and I asked her to take it to her house and try it on her PS3, hers is older than mine, and get back to me about if it would play on hers or not. She had problems with it as well, saying it would begin to boot up then automatically restart and try booting again over and over.

NoOmniscience
27th Mar 2014, 18:14
Well I've had tiny issues with the audio, mostly seems out of sync, as some lines were spoken a little too fast or unnaturally during cutscenes. Other than that, I've had no issues at all.

NiiChan
27th Mar 2014, 18:20
Mine is tht 5.1 Surround goes out during CGI scenes and stays at 2.1 stereo till i reload my save, and it keeps doing it during CGI scenes

NiiChan
27th Mar 2014, 18:23
I think they need to patch the game, tht should fix all if not a few problems, they need to read these messages and get to it.

ThunderstormX
1st Apr 2014, 20:50
Here you go folks, my answer from Square.

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry to hear of your issues with FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster.

Unfortunately, the game does not support 5.1 surround sound, or DTS and this is why there is no Dolby or DTS logos on the box.

As you have a 5.1 set up, this could be confusing the game into triggering it at certain points, however as it is not a supported audio option, we can not provide further support on running the game using this set up.

We do not have any information on whether this will be updated in the future.

If you have any other issues, do not hesitate to get back in touch.

We apologise for any incovnenience caused.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

Thank you again for contacting us and for your interest in Square Enix products!
More help and information is available at the Square Enix Support Centre website.
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/

emperor0013
2nd Apr 2014, 17:30
Good work, Thunderstorm. Thanks for posting that here for us. That is really terrible, but at least we know.

Michelasso
8th Apr 2014, 11:38
Still that's a lame excuse. I've got the audio stuttering and repeating itself using the A/V cable for audio and thus stereo. It happened at the save point at the end of the Highroad, before to be allowed in because the Crusaders were blocking the entrance. Then I had a couple of audio spikes here and there.

Aegis2k
4th May 2014, 09:04
This is actually a problem with their game. There is no multichannel support as the game is in stereo, but the ps3 is still sending it out as a multichannel. I have seen other stereo games like Tales of Symphonia Chronicles and Resident Evil 4 HD , with both games my PS3 is not sending out multichannel, but stereo. As a test make sure your receiver is simply passing the signal it gets from the game with no alterations ( like stereo all channel or other filter ), only the two front speakers are actually working with FFX HD. The game does not have surround support.

In any case some receivers are sensitive to this, in my case the audio cuts out from time to time as it trying to figure what kind of signal it's getting. You can actually solve any audio problems with FFX by going into your PS3 audio setup, choosing manual, and only leave the 2 channel options selected. Disable all other options. Play FFX now and the game will only be in stereo, as it should be. I have no issues with audio after doing these changes.

I have tried numerous times to send a support request to Square, but you can't because of the issues they are having.

I really hope they read these forums and fix this.

HaraujoBR
19th May 2014, 20:08
Don't know if this will help everybody, but i'll tell you how I solved my problem. Bought the disc version of FFX / X-2 HD remaster couple of days ago. Experienced the same issue as some - audio lagged, some lines were cut, there was horrible desync between speech and lips movement and load times were abundant and fairly long. Prior to that I've been experiencing problems with Netflix. It had monstruous lag and was basically unwatchable. Netflix support suggested probable HDD failure (bad clusters). Done a full format, but it didn't help. Finally bought a new HDD. Changed my original 160GB Toshiba that came with the PS3 slim for another brand new 1TB Toshiba MQ01ABD100. Completely solved the issue. It might not work for all, but if you're experiencing heavy stutter and lag in-game you would do well in considering an HDD change.