PDA

View Full Version : ALCHEMIST Few alch ideas

cmstache
18th Mar 2014, 12:26
Was talking to Langs today on steam and we thought of a few skill/weapon ideas that might make the alchemist a bit better at it's strength (Area denial) in which many players can't seem to do well.

Combustion mine: 350 dmg over time, similar to a scout's trap

Sunlight mine: a middle ground between the vial and a bomb, 200ish damage + a blind effect in the radius. I think this would honestly be a bit more fun if it could be triggered, but I don't know how that would work lore-wise.

Tripwire: enough said... Maybe 2 activations. One per attachment. It seems strong, but if you make it so cooldown doesn't start until it activates it could be balanced pretty well, and make humans actually play together to utilize it.

Sticky Acid cannon: A cannon that has little damage, but explodes with a poison AoE. Maybe 5 round clip, 100 impact damage and 170 DoT to all vamps caught in the explosion radius.

Blinding cannon: Because that's just what alchs do.... 4 rounds, 275 damage per shot, plus a blind to all vamps in the AoE on impact.

lucinvampire
18th Mar 2014, 12:46
The more explosions the better in my book!!!!! :D

Not sure on the trip wire…think that might work better for Scout…

How about like a bomb you can lay somewhere and then when vampires get near it you can activate it – boom – shoots out lots of wooden thorns…or fire…or massive explosion – or a bomb that explodes and loads of smaller bombs then explode – screaming and arrrrrgggggghhhhh all around – just anything that explodes is good :D

But does acid acid effect LoK vampires? You know potions, wooden stuff, fire, water does…ok maybe that acid stuff the demons breathe…bad breath attack…could have stolen it from demons - can humans make normal acid themselves? :scratch: or even better fart attack…like the Minions fart-guns :lol:

Ok…kinda sounding like a crazy person :p

cmstache
18th Mar 2014, 12:57
If poison cloud works, I don't know why these couldn't. You could also make a launcher that has similar poison or flame properties, but follows the player that was hti (like a moving AoE) instead of just exploding it into the initial AoE.

But yeah, once you start talking about mines and bombs and such it can really get crazy with the ideas. Maybe a class in it's own at that point.

Vampmaster
18th Mar 2014, 13:05
I was watching Hansel and Gretel: Witch hunters the other day and they had a scene where a witch was getting too carried away flying around on her broom and flew straight through a wire mesh that chopped her into pieces.

Some or the scarier character designs wouldn't look out of place in Nosgoth either.

lucinvampire
18th Mar 2014, 13:17
QUOTE=cmstache;91025]If poison cloud works, I don't know why these couldn't. You could also make a launcher that has similar poison or flame properties, but follows the player that was hti (like a moving AoE) instead of just exploding it into the initial AoE. [/QUOTE]

Good point…and I’d so play with that launcher :D

But yeah, once you start talking about mines and bombs and such it can really get crazy with the ideas. Maybe a class in it's own at that point.

A bomb maker class could be a pretty cool idea :D

I was watching Hansel and Gretel: Witch hunters the other day and they had a scene where a witch was getting too carried away flying around on her broom and flew straight through a wire mesh that chopped her into pieces.

That was such a cool scene!…would love to see some vamp getting turned into bits! :D

cmstache
18th Mar 2014, 13:32
I liked the part where the dude got ripped into 6 pieces and the troll slammed his fist on the guy's head. :)

Prime_Abstergo
28th Mar 2014, 10:52
Resurrecting this thread.

As of my suggestion: I want every alchemist cannon get RMB charge mechanic. Add some spring-type mechanism that would work like follows:
1) 3 seconds charge enables alternative fire mode;
2) while in this mode next bomb will fly straight forward;
3) range of fire becomes indefinite (just like scout's RMB yes!) WITHOUT zoom scaling;
4) damage done remains the same (depends on cannon carried - 220-250, or 80x3 in 20° arc scatter shot);
and at last main feature:
5) pushback/knockback effect with following-up fall damage (just like war bow does).

Khalith
28th Mar 2014, 10:54
Resurrecting this thread.

As of my suggestion: I want every alchemist cannon get RMB charge mechanic. Add some spring-type mechanism that would work like follows:
1) 3 seconds charge enables alternative fire mode;
2) while in this mode next bomb will fly straight forward;
3) range of fire becomes indefinite (just like scout's RMB yes!) WITHOUT zoom scaling;
4) damage done remains the same (depends on cannon carried - 220-250, or 80x3 in 20° arc scatter shot);
and at last main feature:
5) pushback/knockback effect with following-up fall damage (just like war bow does).

I'm not fond of the pushback/knockdown idea, but the other ideas are awesome. I think three seconds is a bit much though unless it's the fullbore cannon, that should have the three second charge.

Prime_Abstergo
28th Mar 2014, 11:31
I think three seconds is a bit much though unless it's the fullbore cannon, that should have the three second charge. My previous suggestions were:
a) 2 sec charge without knockback
b) 3 sec charge with knockback effect.

Still consider there will be no zoom scaling so it will be harder to aim at long distances. Moreover there should be shake-screen effect when holding fully charged cannon (pressure and all that physics) similar to scout fully charged bows (even a bit more shaky i guess)