PDA

View Full Version : Talk about: Meet the team Video's

hirukaru
17th Mar 2014, 20:09
Work in Progress (like everything I make I guess)
If you want to help then please contact me by sending a PM
Introhttp://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/061/blog/facebook-banner.png

The Meet the Team series of Psyonix is in full progress and no Talk about has been made yet, and thus it is time to talk about the team at psyonix who is working on the game called NOSGOTH. I will not reveal personal information about the teams, even though I do investigate them to get some more background information, it is possible I cannot find information fast and thus it can be that parts are missing.

The series contains:

Dave Hagewood - Studio Head
Corey Davis - Design Director
Eric Majka - Art Lead
Sarah Hebbler - Game Producer
Jimi Doss - Game Designer
Jonathan Albert, - 3D Artist

DaveDave Hagewood - Studio Head
Back to Intro
General information:
Marital status:
Children: ????
Hobby's:

Dave Hagewood is the studio head of Psyonix studio's and is born in Charlotte (North carolina) and he now lives in San Diego (California). I have to say sorry to the ladies because he is already married.

The top skills of Dave are game development, xbox360 and game design, which all seem logic if you the owner of a game development company.

According to Mobygames.com
Dave Hagewood have and Psyonix worked on and/or developed Gears of War (2006), Unreal Tournament 2004, Unreal tournament III, Supersonic Arcobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars (2008), Global Agenda (2010), Bulletstorm (2011) and Arc Squadron: Redux (2013).

Video:
LSvbAgNU2yI

How did you get started in games?

-It has always been a passion of my to be in games, building mods for little game called unreal tournament, it took a few years but a big break was getting onslaught for unreal tournament 2004 started as a mod I worked on with just a few guys and uuhm Epic game saw it and they said they wanted it as a part of unreal tournament 2004 and so ended up moving from Florida at the time to uuh (........) Carolina, and thats when you know i really getting serieus about psyonix being a company being a studio and working with them for years and being with epic games helped a lot for being the studio that we are today.

What do you like about making multiplayer games?

What's been the most challenging part of designing NOSGOTH?

What's your favourite class in NOSGOTH?

Why is Psyonix based in San Diego?

CoreyCorey Davis - Design Director
Back to Intro
General information:
Marital status:
Hobby's:

Video:
exf1B76e0I0

EricEric Majka - Art Lead
Back to Intro
General information:
Marital status:
Hobby's:

Video:
A9dBtbeEl60

SarahSarah Hebbler - Game Producer
Back to Intro
General information:
Marital status:
Hobby's:

Video:
aGIDbCU1YLc

Jimi Jimi Doss - Game Designer
Back to Intro
3kff-aGUAdc

JonathanJonathan Albert, - 3D Artist
Back to Intro
General information:
Marital status: Married
Hobby's: Sports, Travel

Video:
rM55he_gFw0

How did you get started in games?
When I first started out, ............ then I moved to Seattle, started working at gaspowered games, and I worked on the spring commander team and the spring commander forced alliance team. It was a real great experience.

How did you get your job at psyonix?
I have been here for 2,5 years. [missing spot]
You should come to psyonix it is really fun in San Diego and I joined, I known corey previous to this and we all just jumped into this company together

What's so great about NOSGOTH?
I like the game because it is asymatric combat game. It is really fun to see vampires as a melee class and humans as a ranged class. They both play differently, but it is really great because it is focused on team orientated combat. I love to walk around in the studio and see people play nosgoth, it is not only a fun game to play but also fun to watch. (missing spot)

What games do you like to play?
I play lot of FPS, like DOTA and like RTS and TBS.

What's your favourite class in NOSGOTH
I like playing the alchemist and the sentinel. I am not the best at range.
Sentinel:
Alchemist:

Away from NOSGOTH how do you relax?
I like to travel alot, I like to exercise, I like to cook, me and my wife like to go all around the area. I tis really fun for exercise lots of things to do lots of fun things to see. It is hard to not be boored at a city like this, it is really great

Back to Intro

(Disclaimer: Non of the above stated information belongs to me in anyway, all information is owned by the person them selfs and thus if they decide the information should not be here they can remove it them selfs (They got the power) or ask me to remove it (More friendly way of course :P ).

Khalith
17th Mar 2014, 20:34
I've played a few games with Eric, he's actually in my tyrant gameplay video on my team. He's a cool dude, it was interesting learning more about him. Also pretty cool to get to know some of the others that we've seen around and posting on the forums, reminds me there are actual people behind the game. ;D

hirukaru
17th Mar 2014, 20:44
I've played a few games with Eric, he's actually in my tyrant gameplay video on my team. He's a cool dude, it was interesting learning more about him. Also pretty cool to get to know some of the others that we've seen around and posting on the forums, reminds me there are actual people behind the game. ;D

I want to know more about the different teams and team members.
Because I know all of them got a whole squad of people behind them :)

I will keep updating this as I got time, I would love some help with background checks and transcripting the video's.

(I also hope the admins/devs etc. find it ok that I write this, even though some of them hide there background pretty well, might have to send out some friend requests haha)

Khalith
18th Mar 2014, 19:48
The next video should be about monkeythumbz! With one of the questions being how he came up with that name! I'd like to know more about him to.

RazielOfNosgoth
19th Mar 2014, 12:06
Seeing the people behind the game is great, since they are the ones that create the world we enjoy day to day! :) The people we complain to when something's wrong, when we need explanations on things and the people that are at the same time playing the game with us! :)

Nice to meet you! :thumb:

hirukaru
10th Apr 2014, 18:27
Placed the last 2 video's in.

I still have to write the information.
So if anyone would love to help me

Write out all the Questions and answers.
That would be great. :)
(Yes I turned a bit lazy I guess)

ZeroFernir
10th Apr 2014, 20:27
After seeing those vids, all I can say is "I WANNA MEET JIMI!"
He plays scout exaclty as I do, it is my favourite class in all nosgoth too, and in vampire's side I prefer reaver, for the exact same reasons. Also, he play sports to relax too! Even though I prefer Tennis and Swimming, because brazil is a hot country, so I never played Hockey even though I would certainly like to try out. Awesome!
You, Mr. Jimi Doss, just got a fan.

Vampmaster
10th Apr 2014, 20:59
I'd like to know who designed each level and character and to hear how they came up with the ideas.

Gryregaest
10th Apr 2014, 22:24
When reading the title of this thread, I briefly thought someone was doing videos like the TF2 "Meet the Team" videos.

JimiDoss
20th Apr 2014, 05:13
After seeing those vids, all I can say is "I WANNA MEET JIMI!"
He plays scout exaclty as I do, it is my favourite class in all nosgoth too, and in vampire's side I prefer reaver, for the exact same reasons. Also, he play sports to relax too! Even though I prefer Tennis and Swimming, because brazil is a hot country, so I never played Hockey even though I would certainly like to try out. Awesome!
You, Mr. Jimi Doss, just got a fan.

First time I got on these forums and I read this message. Cool to see we play very similar styles. I have been to Brazil several times. beautiful country! Hope you guys are enjoying the game so far and we are excited about the new classes and the variety they bring to the gameplay. Can't wait to see everyone playing them. Deceiver is a blast but I still like the Reaver most.

cmstache
20th Apr 2014, 23:40
Hi Jimi, welcome to the forums. :)

ZeroFernir
26th Apr 2014, 12:29
First time I got on these forums and I read this message. Cool to see we play very similar styles. I have been to Brazil several times. beautiful country! Hope you guys are enjoying the game so far and we are excited about the new classes and the variety they bring to the gameplay. Can't wait to see everyone playing them. Deceiver is a blast but I still like the Reaver most.

Dunno, I loved Zephon, and I am REALLY exited with Zephonim. But I haven't tried it yet, will do it right now =P And YEAH! New classes make the game better =D I would love to see all 6 clans in Nosgoth.