PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Ran out of video memory. Exiting...

StalkinU
8th Jan 2014, 21:02
So, during my 1st play session I got a lot of crashes.
Resulting in a warning window stating I ran out of video memory.
Totally random crash, happened to me while being 5 minutes in game. I had played for about an hour after the 1st crash. But it seems random, since it also happened after getting into a game pressing [w] taking 3 steps to find myself re logging.

I also noticed my taskmanager claiming the Nosgoth.exe was abusing over 1.5GB of memmory while out of game.

System Specs
-----------------------------------------
CPU-----AMD ATHLON X4 740X 3.2GHZ
GPU-----NVIDIA GEFORCE 650TI 2GB
RAM----KINGSTON 2x 2GB

Oroibahazopi
8th Jan 2014, 21:04
Which maps?

cmstache
9th Jan 2014, 12:56
IT shouldn't matter, the GPu is similar to mine and I have all the settings maxed out without a problem.

Monkeythumbz
9th Jan 2014, 13:22
So, during my 1st play session I got a lot of crashes.
Resulting in a warning window stating I ran out of video memory.
Totally random crash, happened to me while being 5 minutes in game. I had played for about an hour after the 1st crash. But it seems random, since it also happened after getting into a game pressing [w] taking 3 steps to find myself re logging.

I also noticed my taskmanager claiming the Nosgoth.exe was abusing over 1.5GB of memmory while out of game.

System Specs
-----------------------------------------
CPU-----AMD ATHLON X4 740X 3.2GHZ
GPU-----NVIDIA GEFORCE 650TI 2GB
RAM----KINGSTON 2x 2GB

Please would you send this through, along with a DxDiag report, to Nosgothbugs@square-enix.com?

StalkinU
11th Jan 2014, 01:18
It disturbs me greatly you do not mention anything about this problem being a windows 32bit "thing." Which of course I left out on purpose. But what I will do is send you my logs folder in .rar format.

And to the best of my recollection this happens on any map, it even happens on the transition from game lobby to game. As in 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 CRASH. It happens when you don't move as much as when you move. Archetype doesn't matter. Skills used don't matter.

Just install a 32bit version of windows and join the "fun."
Logs incoming 1st thing when I wake up.
Till next patch ;)

soulrelic616
24th Jan 2014, 09:38
Hi everyone,

Last night session was way more fun than the ones on the weekend - the latest patch balances the teams a lot more - making the game more competitive and fun to play.

However, yesterday I experienced some weird bugs that would happen every now and then, the first one was the match ending abruptly and with no warning whatsoever - all players seemed to get disconnected and appeared back in the lobby, is this a server related problem? I checked my internet connection and it didn't have any faults. This happened 3 times.

Second issue I found is right after being thrown out of the server, when looking for a new match, once the match started (in Valeholm), the spawn loadout screen did not appear at all, all I could see were the blurred background with some random environment movement, no players or anything, I couldn't return to the menu screen or quit the game - I had to kill the task via Windows.

Third issue: I added a person as a friend via Nosgoth, which prompted a popup with the Steam interface, no problem with that - but as soon as I returned to the lobby, it said that I changed my name "Soulrelic616 changed his name to" just as it reads, I had no name - not sure if this will keep happening today but since then my avatar had no nickname at all.... Any ideas?

Did anyone else experience these?

Cheers!

PlagueMaster
24th Jan 2014, 10:03
Yes, yesterday i have many problems - i have disconnects in lobby, disconnects in the middle of the game with no warnings, just bam and i am in lobby. Also i have some strange problem - every second match(like every 15-20 minutes) my game get freezed and warning window appears: "Run out of video memory", i don't have it before, the day ago i played Nosgoth 2 hours without any problems. My video card is GeForce GT220.
Once when match started i can't see my character, i can move but it was like game in first person view, but when i press space while standing still all get fixed.

Shaderage
24th Jan 2014, 15:18
"Run out of video memory" - same problem here. I have geforce 9800 gt, processor intel core quad 2,6 , 8gb ram and play on windows 7

agile2015
6th Feb 2014, 21:58
some observations about "ran out of video memory"

first of all, I play on two different PCs, a "low end"celeron with geforce 200(lowered everything possible in .ini), and a "hi end" with radeon hd 9600 I think(don't have access now). (all maxed up without .ini)
the 'ran out of video memory' hasn't occured to me on low end pc with geforce 200(win xp 32bit)
When playing on hi end I have crash or "ran out of video memory" after two-three consecutive games. So, if I don't forget and restart the game after every match, no crash occures.
If I play a game in "borderless window mode", I have "ran out of memory" more frequently.
Hope info is of any value

Lomonop
7th Feb 2014, 08:51
When playing on hi end I have crash or "ran out of video memory" after two-three consecutive games. So, if I don't forget and restart the game after every match, no crash occures.
Sounds like a memory leak to me.
I had the same problem with my low-end PC (which I upgraded a few days ago, but I've only played one match on it after that, so I don't know for sure how much it helped) and I had the feeling too that the 'ran out of video memory' crashes became more frequent after playing longer. However, they seemed to be more frequent even though Nosgoth quits when the chrash occurs.

Usernamexists
16th Feb 2014, 04:16
It seams that 32 bit windows will have video memory errors if you max out vid settings. you will also crash to desktop before a map loads i believe due to textures. this is probably due to the way win 7 32 bit handles memory. No matter how much ram on your vid card, 32 bit can only handle just under 4 gigs no matter where it comes from. unfortunately i switched to 64 bit before i thought to make my bug report on this one. 64 (still using 4 gigs of ram and 2 gig on vid card) solved the issues. True 32 bit doesn't meet recommended settings but i didn't think you guys wanted it crashing to desktop when someone is using the required settings. sorry about not having the bug report on this one. i've sent others though. Keep up the great work! you guys rawk!

Gugulug5000
28th Feb 2014, 00:29
So I keep getting the error message 'Ran out of video memory, exiting," and then my game crashes. I played through the alpha without having this issue, and played a few games of the beta earlier today without problems either, but now I'm randomly crashing five minutes into a game. I lowered my graphics settings to the lowest that they can go, and it's still giving me problems. Does anyone have any suggestions? Like I said, this is a new problem, and I didn't have the issue in the alpha, so I don't know if it would be hardware issues or not. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

cmstache
28th Feb 2014, 01:25
Windows 7, 32-bit by some chance?

Razaiim
28th Feb 2014, 01:27
^that's what I run, no issues at all

Gugulug5000
28th Feb 2014, 03:16
Windows 7, 32-bit by some chance?
Yes! I've turned all of my graphics down to the minimum, and it still crashes. I have only been able to complete one game, and I've crashed in the ~10 others I've tried to play. Do you know how I can fix this? It's really, really annoying and it's pretty much making the game unplayable for me.

cmstache
28th Feb 2014, 03:49
Due to the rendering, in alpha there were a few players who ran out of Graphics memory in 32 bit windows. (Win7, 32-bit only supports up to 3GB or RAM) I'm not sure if a fix was put in place yet or not though.

EDIT: Quick thought. Try lowering the resolution a couple notches, and lowering the Frame of View some. See if that helps.

Gugulug5000
28th Feb 2014, 03:55
Due to the rendering, in alpha there were a few players who ran out of Graphics memory in 32 bit windows. (Win7, 32-bit only supports up to 3GB or RAM) I'm not sure if a fix was put in place yet or not though.

EDIT: Quick thought. Try lowering the resolution a couple notches, and lowering the Frame of View some. See if that helps.

Alright I'll give it a shot. Hopefully it works since this is becoming ridiculous. It always crashes toward the end of the first round.

Gugulug5000
28th Feb 2014, 04:33
Lowering the resolution seems to have done the trick (cross my fingers). Anyone else suffering from this problem should try that out too.

Edit: Just had the same problem, but I was at least able to get 3 or 4 games in before it happened again.

WhiteFlameKyo
28th Feb 2014, 08:37
I have this problem, too. Usually after 1-3 matches. I use Vista, 32-bit.

Gugulug5000
28th Feb 2014, 22:01
I have this problem, too. Usually after 1-3 matches. I use Vista, 32-bit.
Dropping my field of view down to 70 seems to have fixed it, so give that a try and see what happens.

WhiteFlameKyo
1st Mar 2014, 20:06
Didn't help, unfortunately. Also tried lowering every graphics option, including V-sync, only left my native resolution to keep the game playable.
The game crashes usually after a match, except for Sommerdamm in which it crashed twice in a row (after restarting the game). Also this (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=8863) happened there.

YulisViento
17th Mar 2014, 14:28
I'm having game crashes continually: entering game, entering match, choosing class and respawning after death. But there is never any error message. Now first time I have some notification after crash while entering match:

>Ran out of video memory! Exiting...<

I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650, total aprox mem 2247MB

WhiteFlameKyo
17th Mar 2014, 15:03
Windows 32-bit, I assume?

Temporary solution: set your graphics options to low, turn off V-sync, turn off antialiasing, you can also lower the field of view to 70. Worked for me. The game still looks good and now I don't encounter any slowdowns. I still get crashes but they're very rare now. And it doesn't happen if I restart the game after every few matches (which means one restart per hour or two).

cmstache
17th Mar 2014, 16:16
It's because 32-bit windows only uses up to 3GB of RAM. Nosgoth will eat up all that dedicated Graphics Memory pretty quickly.

WhiteFlameKyo
17th Mar 2014, 16:44
It's because 32-bit windows only uses up to 3GB of RAM. Nosgoth will eat up all that dedicated Graphics Memory pretty quickly.

It seems like the game doesn't delete files (maps, textures etc) from the previous map out of the memory when loading next maps. It never crashes for me during the first match and the chance of crashing increases with every next match played.

RazielOfNosgoth
18th Mar 2014, 08:44
I also crash a lot, 95% of the time when entering a match. It doesn't seem to be related to it being the first played match... It's pretty random for me... :| I do, however get a Windows error message. Every time it does happen a .dmp file is created in the game logs folder, so I always forward it to nosgothbugs@square-enix.com (screenshots included) and just hope that someone out there is reading those emails and doing something about it... :/

YulisViento
20th Mar 2014, 08:15
Windows 32-bit, I assume?

Temporary solution: set your graphics options to low, turn off V-sync, turn off antialiasing, you can also lower the field of view to 70. Worked for me. The game still looks good and now I don't encounter any slowdowns. I still get crashes but they're very rare now. And it doesn't happen if I restart the game after every few matches (which means one restart per hour or two).

It seems it works for me now. I was trying with different graphyc configuration and in "Low" it works well, no more crashes. And yes, W7 32 bit -.-

Gryregaest
23rd Apr 2014, 22:29
Crashes are nothing new to me, but I didn't get them with this error until this latest update. They also seem to be more frequent, and happen mid-game, as opposed to the crashing on joining games that I usually get.

Saturnity
24th Apr 2014, 03:03
Ever since this last patch, I've constantly been getting crashes due to running out of video memory. The problem is that it happens constantly even when I reduce my resolution to 720p or lower. I've got 1 gb of it on an HD 7850, which should be okay at that res.

Is anyone else getting that issue? I've been planning on upgrading to a GTX 780, but I didn't think I would need it so soon.

CmaIsMe
24th Apr 2014, 05:37
I've also been having this issue, although it hasn't stated that video memory is the problem every time...

Saturnity
24th Apr 2014, 18:36
I fixed the problem, but because I was impatient, I tried multiple things at once.

I verified the game's files through steam, downloaded the latest beta drivers from AMD, and refreshed my config files.

Gugulug5000
24th Apr 2014, 20:30
This issue seems to come back every time they release a patch for the game. I'm suffering from this once again, and my graphics are set to the lowest they can go. It's really annoying to play 95% of a game and then get dropped from it and not get any experience or gold added to your record for it. I've only successfully been able to get through one game today because of this issue. It's really frustrating, and this is the third time I've had to deal with this problem. It always seems to randomly fix itself though after a couple weeks, so maybe I should just put Nosgoth aside for some time, come back later, and hope they've fixed the issue by then.

Saturnity
24th Apr 2014, 22:14
It came back for me. I've been constantly dropped while loading and even while the game is in progress.

fallofavalon
25th Apr 2014, 18:53
Same issue here. No crashes before patch, now I can't make it through one game without getting a ''ran out of video memory'' error message and a crash.

Psyonix_Corey
25th Apr 2014, 21:37
Do you guys have 32 bit Windows installed?

While we investigate, you could try this "fix" people use for other games like WoW or Battlefield.

Open windows command prompt (WindowsKey+R to open Run window), type CMD <enter> then type:

BCDEDIT /SET INCREASEUSERVA 3072 <enter> (Then Restart your PC)

Please report if this fix improves this type of freezing for you. If it does not, or you wish to undo the change, a value of 2048 sets it back to windows default: BCDEDIT /SET INCREASEUSERVA 2048 <enter>

Gryregaest
26th Apr 2014, 01:57
I am running 32 bit, yes.

However, yesterday, I tried your fix for performance drops (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12706) to see if it would help, and I have had ordinary crashes upon entering or exiting games, but haven't had another mid-game video memory crash since. I can't say for certain that's what did it, just that they've stopped.

Saturnity
26th Apr 2014, 20:15

While we investigate, you could try this "fix" people use for other games like WoW or Battlefield.

I tried using this, and the game has been running well since.

Gugulug5000
26th Apr 2014, 22:11

This seems to have done it for me. I tried the fix that you said, restarted, and played ~7 games without any problems. It is possible that I just got lucky for once and didn't crash at all today, so I can't say for sure that the fix worked with 100% certainty, but it seems to have done it. Thanks for the advice. Anyone else with this problem should try that out.

Saranjivac
27th Apr 2014, 19:19
I can confirm that this has solved allot of my friends FPS issues that suddenly came up after this patch, namely all of a sudden (mostly in crowded fights) the FPS drops from 50+ to 2 or so for a few seconds, and it happens mostly on sommerdam but not exclusive. Shutting down things like browsers etc helps a bit but not much.

xLateral
28th Apr 2014, 08:48
I have 3GB RAM in total. Is it a good idea to allow Nosgoth to eat it all? (Win7, 32bit)

RainaAudron
28th Apr 2014, 12:00
On my machine it takes 1GB off when running (I have 8GB total).

Psyonix-Greg
28th Apr 2014, 23:36
If you are still experiencing the crashing issues, shoot us an email at Nosgothbugs@square-enix.com. Please include a dxdiag from your PC , but most importantly your .log and .dmp file located in your \Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs folder. You may or may not get a .dmp file depending on how the crash happened. Thanks for your support and your help!

ncbwilson
18th May 2014, 22:23
Are you really telling customer to alter their Operating Systems RAM allocation and starving kernel memory resources? You do realize doing this does more than allow more user memory for Nosgoth but for the entire system?

I have Win8.1 64 bit system, but does it really matter when you are only using a 32bit executable for the game?

I didn't see this issue before the last 5/15 patch.

PencileyePirate
23rd May 2014, 00:26
EDIT: This is probably unrelated to the thread, since it pertains to system memory (not video memory.) However, I thought this might be a better than creating a new thread.

I've intermittently been getting huge FPS drops after an hour or two of play. I usually run 60+ FPS, but when the problem occurs it's visibly less than 30 ... probably close to 10-15 FPS based on the amount of stuttering.

When opening the task manager during the FPS issues I can see the game is consuming 25% of my 8GB system memory. Closing background applications often eliminates the problem on a temporary basis, but is 2GB memory consumption expected? Could I be experiencing a memory leak?

P.S. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

ncbwilson
23rd May 2014, 16:34
I wouldn't think 2g is a lot to expect from a modern application. You'd need to use something like perfmon or wpa to determine if you have a memory leak, unless you know how to debug then you could use gflags/application verifier to see.

Legit_Mizard
27th May 2014, 07:39
I'm having a problem with my Nosgoth, I can only play one match in a session. The first match works just fine and then when the next match starts up, the game freezes. When I do a CTRL+ALT+DEL and open the task manager, there is a second window for nosgoth open. When I check it out it says "Video memory full. Exiting..." This happens every time, always on the second match of my gaming session too. I asked my uncle on how to clear my video memory, and he said that it's just bad programming. And in case it's a hardware problem, my GPU is an nVIDIA GeForce 625 GT.

RainaAudron
27th May 2014, 08:52
Are you playing on a laptop by chance?

Senketsu
1st Jun 2014, 05:33

As soon as I hit enter, I get:
'BCDEDIT' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Gugulug5000
16th Jan 2015, 00:43
So this happened to me again after today's patch (1/15/2014). Just thought I would bring this issue back up as it has been dormant for a long time, but suddenly reemerged.

FireWorks_
16th Jan 2015, 11:47
Here is a thread with a possible workaround. No clue if it is really helping etc. I believe there was another thread with this problem lurking around but I cant find it anymore

Possible Workaround:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=149587