PDA

View Full Version : About the title!!

MeSako
17th Mar 2014, 09:42
Why is there no "Legacy of Kain" in the title of the Game?

Shouldn't this game be called "Legacy of Kain: Nosgoth"
This game does take place in that franchise right?
And Kain is kind of important to the "plot" of this game.
I mean, if he did not go away, non of this would have happened. And that is kind of a big deal, at least for the Lore Fans of the franchise.

YourWaywardDestiny
17th Mar 2014, 09:56
Well, considering Kain isn't in the game at all, that would be a little misleading... It DOES exist in the same universe, but doesn't deal a whole lot with the story of Kain himself, so it's not really his legacy at this point. It does have to do with the story of Nosgoth, though, so I think it's fitting. :P

MeSako
17th Mar 2014, 21:33
Thing is, I was confused at first.
I played all games close to their releases.. Then I-don't-know-how-many years later this pops up and I'm like: "I feel like I recognize this word. Where have I heard it before?" So I turned to my old pal Google, and they gave me the answer.
And I think that having the full title, it would make some new gamer take a peek at the old games, and see the connection. Since there are people that are interested in that kind of stuff. But as it is now, it looks like a stand alone game.
And the point that Kain is not in the game is not really relevant, since he is more or less the cause of all this. And even if he would not be the cause, I stil think "Legacy of Kain" should be in the title. Just as "The legend of Zelda" is in the title of every Zelda game, even if Zelda is not in every game.

LordOnatu
18th Mar 2014, 00:49
The game should be called 'Nosgoth: The Legacy of Kain'
Why?
Because it is his Legacy. Th clans are his legacy but so too are the humans. Kain has, or will in the case of this being in the 1st or 2nd timeline, the single most influential figure in Nosgoths history. If it wasn't for him there would be none of what is happening. Regardless of if he is there or not in game, it is his Legacy. This cannot be argued. Everything that happens definitely after, and in some cases before, his empires rise is his legacy. The game should be named as such.

...and that would also give you a reason to have Simon involved. Kain could have an intro similar to his intro speech in Defiance, where he talks about this all being his legacy. Cause it is.

Simples

MeSako
18th Mar 2014, 11:35
The game should be called 'Nosgoth: The Legacy of Kain'
Why?
Because it is his Legacy. Th clans are his legacy but so too are the humans. Kain has, or will in the case of this being in the 1st or 2nd timeline, the single most influential figure in Nosgoths history. If it wasn't for him there would be none of what is happening. Regardless of if he is there or not in game, it is his Legacy. This cannot be argued. Everything that happens definitely after, and in some cases before, his empires rise is his legacy. The game should be named as such.

...and that would also give you a reason to have Simon involved. Kain could have an intro similar to his intro speech in Defiance, where he talks about this all being his legacy. Cause it is.

Simples

I can agree to that! :)
Just hoping the devs will to!

Lord_Aevum
18th Mar 2014, 12:22
Well, I'm sure you can see that it's a little tougher for people to pass judgement on the game for not playing like a Legacy of Kain title, as long as it doesn't claim to be a LoK title in the first place.

I think they want this to remain its own entity, essentially a spinoff, so they can reserve the LoK name for any more traditional games which could potentially be produced in the future.

ZeroFernir
19th Mar 2014, 22:41
No "Legacy of Kain:" in it, because, even thought it is in the franchise, it does not affect the original story and (4th, I guess) timeline. Legacy of Kain title shoul really be kept for our main story, as Lord_Aevum said. I like Nosgoth and will play it with really good expectations, considering it a pure spinoff, mainly because it doesn't have LoK in the title. If it did, then I would be a bit pissed off, and maybe even disappointed of it being a spinoff. One of the best things this dev team did, in my opinion, is keeping LoK for the original saga & timeline.