PDA

View Full Version : MISC. killing team players and yourself

melvin13666
16th Mar 2014, 16:10
Hi this is mostly to point out that you can kill yourself with some weapon and some of your team players.
Like the scout with is exploding arrows and is turret .
Have play a game where have corner the vampire inside a building place my turret and try to run away but end up killing myself With my own turret (: kind of sad.
I think it should be remove .

Thank you.

RainaAudron
16th Mar 2014, 16:27
I think self-damage is really good as it prevents you from camping in one place and is also more realistic.

Tube_Reaver
16th Mar 2014, 17:02
Just to point out: There is no friendly fire in this game.
None of your abilities ever do any damage to your team mates.

However your own weapons/abilities can deal a % of their damage to you.
For instance if you throw down a Firewall as an alchemist, for a second you can run through it, but if you stand in it, you'll take some damage and set yourself on fire. If you stand in the firewall of another alchemist, you will take no damage.

The same applies to the reaver's choking hazard, or the scout's volley/turrent etc.

This is to keep players from just throwing down a firewall and standing in it and so on so forth.

XJadeDragoonX
16th Mar 2014, 18:33
I think it should be in the game, but reduced. IV done over 200 damage to myself with the hunters explosive shot ability and the max damage is only 325. That means I got hit with over 60% of the damage. Might as well have just let the vampire kill me

IKathaarI
16th Mar 2014, 19:54
This should remain, i'm all for punishing poor skill use, especially explosive shot.

hirukaru
16th Mar 2014, 20:35
I think it should be in the game, but reduced. IV done over 200 damage to myself with the hunters explosive shot ability and the max damage is only 325. That means I got hit with over 60% of the damage. Might as well have just let the vampire kill me

XjadedragoonX, did you use more explosive shots during that round? The damage done by your self will keep counting up.
Mostly self damage is way lower, if I am correct.