PDA

View Full Version : Mod time

FrankManic
26th Mar 2010, 04:22
Hey folks. Time to get with the modding, now.

Has anyone looked at the file structure? How difficult is it going to be to get new vehicles, art, and models into the game? Any word on official mod tools?

FrankManic
26th Mar 2010, 04:36
Looks like the first thing to do is work out how to unpack the game archives, something with which I have no experience. Could anyone offer some help? Just think of the possiblities! Wingsuits, VTOL craft, and summoning up helicopters full of allies are just the write unzip program away!

Darkx
26th Mar 2010, 04:40
Well Consider the Game has been out 4:hours and 38mins
Give us modders a chance :P
but at a quick look it dont look that hard.
first tho iw ould like to complets the main story..
and sort out the damm sound glitches im getting.. :'><':
Thx

Darkx
26th Mar 2010, 04:41
I would recommend you play the game before trying to mod it!!

FrankManic
26th Mar 2010, 04:47
I would recommend you play the game before trying to mod it!!

I've but eight hours in. That's enough that I know the game would be over 9000% times awesomer once I fix a few things like NPC AI panic thresholds, helicopter AI behavior, the red 'you're taking damage' graphic, the rate of health regen and the speed of health regen, the range and agressiveness of SAM launchers, NPC military response times, and the loadout of the troops they send, the number of NPC faction gangsters in faction bases, the distribution of health packs, the entire Black Market system, the distinct lack of useable dirigibles, and this games desperate, desperate need for a jet assisted wing suit. And maybe a jet pack, come to think of it.

Any suggestions on how to go about upacking the .arc files?

Darkx
26th Mar 2010, 05:09
I've but eight hours in. That's enough that I know the game would be over 9000% times awesomer once I fix a few things like NPC AI panic thresholds, helicopter AI behavior, the red 'you're taking damage' graphic, the rate of health regen and the speed of health regen, the range and agressiveness of SAM launchers, NPC military response times, and the loadout of the troops they send, the number of NPC faction gangsters in faction bases, the distribution of health packs, the entire Black Market system, the distinct lack of useable dirigibles, and this games desperate, desperate need for a jet assisted wing suit. And maybe a jet pack, come to think of it.

Any suggestions on how to go about upacking the .arc files?

all i can say is that im still fixing the "bugs" and once ive played the game as its ment to be, maybe only then maybe will i mess about unpacking and moding files.

as for the ".arc" files. i would say wait for the mod sites to Bring the unpackers. doing it other ways can harm the orignal files. at least it did on FarCry2 :D

"PS: going bed now so lol Nite"

john1231
27th Mar 2010, 13:46
Any word on official mod tools?

just this:
Eurogamer: There's a fellow by the name of dsmx who's keen to find out whether there will be mod tools ever released for PC.

Magnus Nedfors: The same as licensing out our engine: no, we don't have plans for that as a company. It might happen in the future but again, it's unlikely.

source:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/just-cause-2-launch-reader-interview