PDA

View Full Version : Just Cause 2 will not stay in full screen mode

Jazziah
26th Mar 2010, 03:53
Hi. I get my correct res (1920 x 1200) but my screen will not stay at full screen, it always reverts back to windowed. Any ideas?

Running Windows 7 Pro 64bit, GTX 260M Cuda 1GB. Latest Nvidia drivers and latest Direct X 10.

JustSauce
26th Mar 2010, 10:46
Try rebooting. Also make sure you don't have any other applications running in the background. If anything steals the focus from the game it drops to windowed mode. Or in the worst case, try fullscreen at a different resolution and see if that works.

Dungeoncrawler
27th Mar 2010, 05:21
Happened to me; i had my ati control panel up and it was forcing the game into window mode. Minimizing this fixed my issue.

Dodge34
27th Mar 2010, 05:47
It happens to me if I have Firefox open and I receive a message with Webmail notifier, the game goes into windowed mode each time a new message is detected. quite annoying should I say, I love to do multiple tasks at the same time and monitoring my emails is one of the most important for me.

longboardskier
27th Mar 2010, 05:55
It happens to me sometimes too (Win7 Pro x64) and I've found if I alt-tab back into the game instead of clicking on the icon at the bottom that it will go back to full screen. Not sure if that's exactly your problem though.

Dodge34
27th Mar 2010, 05:59
I goes back to full screen yeah but each time I receive a message I have to do the same thing again and again.

Metal3838
27th Mar 2010, 13:36
Alt+enter

Doctor Hades
2nd May 2010, 12:02
I'm having this issue now too although I didn't used to when I was using a GTX 280 and the old Steam interface. I'm unsure whether the issue is caused by the revamped Steam and/or running two ATI cards in CrossFireX but it doesn't happen with any of my other games, Steam or otherwise. If I press Alt-Enter twice then it fixes it and I don't have any problems at all with the game otherwise but it's annoying that it won't start up full screen.