PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR installation issue

DannyBoy2k
26th Mar 2010, 02:10
Finally got to the point that I would be able to install the game, and so started the installation process. What there was of it.

Now, maybe I'm missing something obvious, though I don't think so. BUT if if the game FORCES me, as it seems to, to install in a specific place on a specific drive, then it isn't much good. The game tells me that I don't have enough space to install. This is true. On the drive it has, without asking, chosen to install to. This isn't even C:, and it ALSO isn't the drive I keep my games on.

So, how do I change target drive? CAN I change target drive?

kmanmx
26th Mar 2010, 02:13
The game will install to the Steam directory.

Install steam on a seperate drive or directory, and the game should install to that Steam folder - atleast to my beleif.

Good luck.

DannyBoy2k
26th Mar 2010, 02:21
You are not being serious? Basically, one is FORCED to install the game to one spot? That is so stupid it boggles the mind!

gibbed
26th Mar 2010, 02:36
Reinstall Steam to the location you want the game to be installed to. Is this your first time using Steam?

AMDFreak
26th Mar 2010, 03:17
Steam puts all it's games in the steam folder where ever Steam is installed. Want it somewhere else? Install Steam somewhere else.

RunningBare
26th Mar 2010, 06:12
Damn!, it's a good thing I upgraded my C drive, they should still provide an option for where to install no matter where steam is installed, it severly limits options in organizing installations.

Arrowslinger
26th Mar 2010, 08:39
it severly limits options in organizing installations.

No it does not it puts the game right where it is supposed to go, this is the design of steamworks.

jaywalker2309
26th Mar 2010, 09:56
Steam has always installed its games into its folder.. thats by design of steam, nothing we can do about that am afraid. Altho i will make a suggestion to them to allow `other folders` to be referenced by the system if possible..

Eidos Support
26th Mar 2010, 10:34
For those needing help or instructions on how to move your Steam installation without having to redownload/reinstall look here : https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129