PDA

View Full Version : Have you played Metro 2033?

joe the janitor
26th Mar 2010, 00:46
I got it the day It came out and I was kinda disappointed. I beat it in about 7-8 hours and I don't see myself playing it again. I don't really care if there's multiplayer or not because I usually only care about the campaign but 7-8 hours :eek: ! It's been in development since 06 and it's that short. I play mass effect 2 which has been in development since late 07 and it had around 25 hours per playthrough. What are your thoughts on Metro 2033? Did you like it? Did you play it?

And please lets not turn this into a hate thread.

One of Seven
26th Mar 2010, 00:59
I haven't played it yet but I thought it looked badass. I've heard a lot of mixed reactions about the shooting.

joe the janitor
26th Mar 2010, 01:06
I never had a problem with the shooting :scratch: . But yeah, I heard about people complaining about that too.

Brackstone17
26th Mar 2010, 02:08
I'll probably pick it up at some point. I love me some Stalker, so this one seems right up my alley.

GrievousOdyssey
26th Mar 2010, 12:23
It's not on that pee ess thrii ...

*sobing* ...

TheMoD
26th Mar 2010, 14:05
I don't know the game never really got to me, just watched 1 or 2 trailers, and to me it looks like a more linear stalker game, probably with more action and less roleplaying...

JackGordon
26th Mar 2010, 16:23
As a horror fan I truly wanted this game to succeed. Alas, it's rubbish. My biggest disappointment this year so far. Story, atmosphere and graphics are very good. Everything else is broken and almost unplayable.

BeardedHoplite
7th Apr 2010, 12:57
I thought the shooting was fine, just the guns were a little under-powered.
It's funny though, if you played Stalker (Clear Sky, Call of Pripyat, whatever)
you'll be in much better shape to play Metro.

One of Seven
7th Apr 2010, 16:37
Well I've reached the final level, I am a little dissapointed. I don't think the enemies reactions to getting shot/hit work very well. A nazi was standing still, right in my face, and I unloaded 4 rounds from my auto shotty into his dome and he was still alive and shooting. He did not react to being shot at all, the graphics and atmosphere rule though.

JackGordon
7th Apr 2010, 22:57
Got my 1000GS last week and I can't think of any other game that got deleted from my hdd that fast (aside from Perfect Dark Zero which, at least, had decent shooting)...

Sabreee
26th Apr 2010, 20:31
It's a really cool game with nice graphics.