PDA

View Full Version : vehicle handling/ camra issues

AUnjustCause
25th Mar 2010, 19:56
it occurs to me that the vehicle handling in JCII needs some tweaking driving/flying can be a balancing act between totally out of control zanyness TO WHAT MORON coded the handling for this kind of feeling
most of the cars have really crippling OVER/UNDER-Steer ( even for a arcade style game )
its insanely difficult to maintain a drift or anykind of speed going around a corner its almost game breaking for me
most of the aircraft have very very basic characteristics up/down/left/right ( no roll control no rudder no way todo cool barrel rolls or loops ) also
the camera needs work its very awkward and needs more options for views First person/FOV/DROP-back ect ect there should be a option to fly/steer with the mouse as well :mad2:

Menthalion
26th Mar 2010, 01:27
I certainly agree on this. The game premise is really good, but control binding and the vehicle physics model could have been done much better.

I really wish they could get some help from the guys that made Burnout Paradise and Wings of Prey. Sure they were arcady, but the cars in BP and planes in WoP were a dream to control while still having a unique "identity" between different models.

Whitestar
26th Mar 2010, 15:02
I third that. Especially the way the camera always drops back behind the vehicle is really annoying. Should be an option for that. Other than that the game is awesome. :)
Edit: And also an option for how long it takes before the camera drops back when mouse is idle.

AMDFreak
26th Mar 2010, 17:52
just get a Xbox 360 controller for PC. It's clear the controls were ment for console and got glued onto a keyboard and mouse.

p34nk
26th Mar 2010, 18:11
just get a Xbox 360 controller for PC. It's clear the controls were ment for console and got glued onto a keyboard and mouse.

Well, excuse me but I thought someone is saying that the PC version isnt a port, so someone would have assumed that the control is well thought of as well.

I agree fully with what the TC said. It needs some tweak. Exclusion of rudder control itself is a bit weird. It might make it more simplistic, but it is now harder to control where you want to go.

imported_D__E
26th Mar 2010, 19:50
Same feelings I have. The only problem with the game for me so far, views (not able to look at what I want to see) and controls (cars, planes, and boats If I could map my joystick, that would be the best fix)

AMDFreak
26th Mar 2010, 20:04
Well, excuse me but I thought someone is saying that the PC version isnt a port, so someone would have assumed that the control is well thought of as well.

I agree fully with what the TC said. It needs some tweak. Exclusion of rudder control itself is a bit weird. It might make it more simplistic, but it is now harder to control where you want to go.

it depends on your definition of "port" clearly the controls are a bad "port" from the consoles.

-Morlock-
26th Mar 2010, 21:45
Has the full game not received its first patch yet? (I'm still waiting for my pre-order to arrive).

I was hoping they would tweak the PC camera settings in a day-one patch. It desperately needs an options toggle for "Camera recenter" and "Stunt Camera" so we can look around freely, and also to even out the camera sensitivity between different play modes (freefall, helicopter, etc).

As for vehicle handling, some vehicles handle really well while others are almost unplayable. If Avalanche don't patch it then hopefully it can be Modded in the same way GTAIV handling was hugely improved by skilled Modders.