PDA

View Full Version : Mafia II Release Date:August 24

Vulture
25th Mar 2010, 19:15
This is very bad news for IOI i hope they either push back or forward the release date

GrievousOdyssey
25th Mar 2010, 19:33
Mah reaction to this newz looks lika this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3LoP21rz3Y&feature=related

BeardedHoplite
25th Mar 2010, 21:28
Aw crap. I want to get both games
I'll prolly' buy Dog Days though
Prolly'

GrievousOdyssey
25th Mar 2010, 21:37
*alerting the minister of propaganda due to a suspect behaving abnormally* ...

Vulture
25th Mar 2010, 22:03
i will feel very bad if IOI doesn't change the release date. most people will hardly have 60 bucks in their pocket and believe me they'll choose Mafia 2.

GrievousOdyssey
25th Mar 2010, 22:10
There's practically nothing else coming out in both July and August ...
Surely people can save up a hundred and twenty bucks for August 24th ...

Can't they ? ...
*tries not to shed manly tears* ...

One of Seven
25th Mar 2010, 22:18
Yeah I saw the Mafia 2 release earlier this day, and I instantly thought "This is bad for Kane and Lynch." I'd buy Kane and Lynch over Mafia myself, the co-op and multiplayer are what win me over in this decision.

GrievousOdyssey
25th Mar 2010, 22:25
Granted , Dog Days has single , co-op and multiplayer whereas Mafia II only has single player ...
But the latter is a sandbox game ...

Logically speaking i myself would have pick the sandbox game , if it wasn't for 'Kane & Lynch' ...

By the way isn't that zombie killing arcade sequel coming out late August as well ? ...

Bevacur
25th Mar 2010, 23:29
Never even heard of Mafia or Mafia 2 so i don't care.

GrievousOdyssey
25th Mar 2010, 23:30
Never even heard of Mafia or Mafia 2 so i don't care.

*hands over keys to tha ultra secret bunker* ...

Bevacur
25th Mar 2010, 23:48
Yay! Time to play with daddy's nuke button!

freedomfriez
26th Mar 2010, 00:28
i will feel very bad if IOI doesn't change the release date. most people will hardly have 60 bucks in their pocket and believe me they'll choose Mafia 2.

they probably wont, but that doesnt mean that both wont sell well. a lot of people buy both, many will buy one or the other. just look at february and march, a lot of good games came out in that time span and im sure a lot of them actually sold very well, right? a game isn't doomed because its selling along side of another title and if any of you remember, the original mafia didnt sell good at all. so, mistake? i think not.

Kent-45
26th Mar 2010, 00:38
*cough* GTA4 clone *cough*

woah who said that. Somebody's talking **** in here.

petersjov
26th Mar 2010, 06:54

He he fun :nut:

Do like me, Be-cause just (2) bought another sandbox game, going to play that until K&L2 comes out :rasp:

GrievousOdyssey
26th Mar 2010, 12:26

Kind of think of it , who the hell is going to buy all them GTA clones this year now that Episodes from Liberty City is coming on PS3 and PC in three weeks ? yo ! ...

True Crime 2 ? Crackdown 2 ? Mafia II ? Just Cause 2 ? TwoTwoTwoTwo *nuclear explosion* ...

Bevacur
26th Mar 2010, 12:51
When someone mentioned Mafia or Mafia 2 i just though it was a Godfather rip-off.

GrievousOdyssey
26th Mar 2010, 13:31
:lol: ...

STOCKMAN
27th Mar 2010, 12:20
Personaly i will buy both games(pc). But i will play Kane&Lynch 2 fist. Kane&Lynxh was a very good and fun game i can not wait to play the sequel. I havent play Mafia do i need to play the first one to understand the story or i can start the second one??

Kent-45
27th Mar 2010, 23:38
Games I'm buying this year (provided no release dates change)

1. Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
2. Starcraft 2

and if Guild Wars 2 comes out, I may be interested in giving that a spin... although I think that's a next year thing.

I really don't need any other games than that.... and I probably won't have any money for them anyway, so as soon as I get 100 bucks I'm gonna see if I can't pre-order both these bad boys.

Bevacur
28th Mar 2010, 00:57
Ok mind changed. Just saw a video of Nvidia in action with Mafia 2 and it looks awesome! The devs hould incorporate the Nvidia damage with Dog Day's for pc, the destructoin is immense and would certainly up the 'intensity' and 'realism'.

Games what i want to so far is:

1. Dog Day's (duh!)
2. Alan Wake
3. Splinter Cell Conviction.
4. Halo Reach.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jun 2010, 17:30
So like are you all still scared ****less of Mafia II ? ...

Well i am now that i see that Mafia II's box art is better than Dog Days ...

Doesn't sound like a big deal you say ? think about those who know nothing of both games and walks into a store , which game do you think he'll pick judging from the box art alone ? ...

ohitspatty
5th Jun 2010, 17:45
Don't forget to Naughty Bear in June, guys!

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jun 2010, 17:47
Meh , i more worried about Toy Story 3 than Naughty Bear ...
Toy Story 2 was so hard it was brilliant , it's sequel is going to be the hardest game of the decade , hands down ...

At least i hope so , anywya ...

ohitspatty
5th Jun 2010, 17:57
I would get the game if it was in 3-D.

However, I remember playing Toy Story 2 for PS1 wasn't it?

Now, on serious note. I'm getting Kane & Lynch as I'm kinda bored with all those sandbox games, unless of course they are RPG style sandbox game.

JackGordon
5th Jun 2010, 18:09
Don't forget to Naughty Bear in June, guys!
Just got a 1000G for Alan Wake three days ago so I truly hope Naughty Bear will keep me busy until august because I practically have nothing else to play until then...

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jun 2010, 18:10
RPG sandbox like Fallout 3 ? well i already spent three hundred hours on that , and New Vegas looks like same damn thing , i wonder if i'll be ready to do it all over again this year , especially if they're gonna fork out DLCs and make a GOTY edition again ...

I'm currently doing a sandbox marathon , started with Episodes from Liberty City , now doing The Saboteur and Assassin's Creed 2 back to back , then i'm going to tackle Red Dead Redemption (despite being spoiled by the ending , silly i know , but surprisingly it got me even more interested) ...

I just love sandbox games , must be due to their huge lengths , Dog Days is lucky to be a 'Kane & Lynch' game otherwise if it was any other third person shooter i'll be picking Mafia II first ...

That being said , from what i've seen of Mafia II it looks surprisingly linear for a sandbox game ... even The Godfather seemed to have more freedom that this ...

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jun 2010, 18:12
Just got a 1000G for Alan Wake three days ago so I truly hope Naughty Bear will keep me busy until august because I practically have nothing else to play until then...

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-games-of-summer-2010/a-20100604124732501074

chaoticd
5th Jun 2010, 18:17
i want both, but if their is no K&L 2 collectors edition, im getting mafia 2

JackGordon
5th Jun 2010, 18:20
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-games-of-summer-2010/a-20100604124732501074

Not interested. I'm very, very picky with my games.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jun 2010, 18:30
i want both, but if their is no K&L 2 collectors edition, im getting mafia 2

That's a excellent threat i might add ...

Not interested. I'm very, very picky with my games.

Yeah i know what you mean , this might be a dog days of summer afterall ...

ohitspatty
5th Jun 2010, 18:30
RPG sandbox like Fallout 3 ? well i already spent three hundred hours on that , and New Vegas looks like same damn thing , i wonder if i'll be ready to do it all over again this year , especially if they're gonna fork out DLCs and make a GOTY edition again

I really don't understand your point of view. First of all, it might "look like same damn thing" but honestly did you read anything about? Besides the new story there is going to be improvements from Fallout 3. Also new locations? New characters? New quests? More weapons? I guess that really means same damn thing.

Another thing I don't understand, you don't like when game companies put out DLCs? Obviously you didn't mind Liberty City stories, so what's your beef with Fallout 3's DLC? Was it because they also put out a Game of the Year edition with all those DLCs on there? Little Big Planet did that too but it's not like anyone is forcing you to buy it.

Maybe you just didn't enjoy Fallout 3 and you're mad because so many people did. Let it go, man. It's time to let it go.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jun 2010, 18:42
I really don't understand your point of view. First of all, it might "look like same damn thing" but honestly did you read anything about? Besides the new story there is going to be improvements from Fallout 3. Also new locations? New characters? New quests? More weapons? I guess that really means same damn thing.

Another thing I don't understand, you don't like when game companies put out DLCs? Obviously you didn't mind Liberty City stories, so what's your beef with Fallout 3's DLC? Was it because they also put out a Game of the Year edition with all those DLCs on there? Little Big Planet did that too but it's not like anyone is forcing you to buy it.

Maybe you just didn't enjoy Fallout 3 and you're mad because so many people did. Let it go, man. It's time to let it go.

I have no beef with DLCs , in fact i bought both Fallout 3 back in October 2008 and it's GOTY edition last October , what i'm saying is that IF New Vegas is going to have DLCs just like Fallout 3 did then i might as well wait for the GOTY edition this time to get the complete experience all at once , which will delay my pruchase for a year , no big deal ...

And i enjoyed Fallout 3 ALOT , it's my third favorite game of all time ( and why would i spend three hundred hours playing a game i didn't like ?) ...

Oh and when i say that New Vegas looks like the same damn thing i meant that they could have just made New Vegas a expansion pack to Fallout 3 , just look at it do you see real technical overhaul ? And new story / characters / weapons / locations ? well the Five DLCs for Fallout 3 all offered new story / characters / weapons / locations , what they lacked was the same depth and freedom that the original game offered which is why people consider them as mere DLCs and not real expansion packs ...
New Vegas on the other hand , looks like a expansion pack ... a Big expansion pack with potential DLCs that makes it a even bigger expansion pack ...

ohitspatty
5th Jun 2010, 19:01
Well you love your trophies, so maybe I though you put all the time into a game for your little trophy fetish :P My bad.

So it's an expansion pack because it uses same but slightly upgraded game engine? :scratch:

It's a whole new game, just in case you didn't know that. An expension pack would something that adds few more hours into the already existing game. New Vegas on other hand is going to probably be as long as Fallout 3 with possible few DLCs.

Now, it's okay if you don't think you're going to enjoy "doing same damn thing" over in New Vegas but calling it an expansion pack, is a really bad joke.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jun 2010, 20:53
Meh , my bad then ...

Deep down i am excited about New Vegas (especially that hardocre mode , i'll do it on first playthrough), but yeah , i think i'll wait for the inevitable GOTY edition ...

So what the hell is there to buy for christmas ? Dog Days GOTY edition ? ...

Common you know it , it's going to be so good they'll make a special edition for christmas , barely four months after it's first release ...

ohitspatty
5th Jun 2010, 21:02
The GOTY edition better come with exclusive Jamie Foxx skin for Lynch.

GrievousOdyssey
5th Jun 2010, 21:12
OUTSTANDING IDEA ...

While we're at it , i would personally like to know what Jarion Monroe thinks about all this ...

He probably wouldn't give a damn , but still ... man what were they thinking ...

Cyniad
7th Jun 2010, 07:40
I'm going to buy Dog Days first. I don't think that Mafia 2 couldn't be at the same level of the first, instead I entrust in IO work.