PDA

View Full Version : Performance - demo vs full game

Ventrex
25th Mar 2010, 08:52
Does anyone saw a performance gain in the full game comparing to the demo?
I'm having quite few fps problems in the demo especially in an area with buildings.

Here is my rig:
GTX 275 (driver - 197.13)
i5 - stock clocks with turbo mode enabled
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 64bit

I ain't even running the game at full (shadows on med, AA is 4, SSAO, Bokeh and Water thing are all off, Vsync off also, water and object details on high)

When I'm getting close to buildings fps will drop to around 30-40 otherwise its around 50-70.

Thanks

jaywalker2309
25th Mar 2010, 09:06
What resolution you running at? AA at 4x means you are running it effectively at 4 times the resolution you playing at and the graphics card is then downsampling the image to the resolution you playing at.. Try setting AA off and see if that gives you a more stable framerate.. having Vsync off will mean the game will let the frame rate deviate, having it on will try and keep it steady so doesnt fluctuate so much.

MoothyKnight
25th Mar 2010, 09:08
The graphics are actually better than the demo.

The only time my framerate ever slows (full settings besides AA which is at 8xCSAA) is at this one banana farm where there are like 100 trees in a small area

Ventrex
25th Mar 2010, 09:11
What resolution you running at? AA at 4x means you are running it effectively at 4 times the resolution you playing at and the graphics card is then downsampling the image to the resolution you playing at.. Try setting AA off and see if that gives you a more stable framerate.. having Vsync off will mean the game will let the frame rate deviate, having it on will try and keep it steady so doesnt fluctuate so much.

Running at 1680 x 1050 resolution.
I've tried turning Vsync off and man it made it much much much worse. Also turning AA off didn't give a big performance increase.

The graphics are actually better than the demo.

The only time my framerate ever slows (full settings besides AA which is at 8xCSAA) is at this one banana farm where there are like 100 trees in a small area

But do you have better fps in the full game or the graphics just look better?

Scarn
25th Mar 2010, 15:36
The demo runs allot smoother than the the full game for me. I guess its because the demo only had 300 sq miles so it didn't have a whole island to load. The only way I can run the game fine is if all graphical options are down. even than some parts like the city are abit laggy. You guys know anything I can do to have it running smother. I think I might be that need a new graphics card.

Ventrex
25th Mar 2010, 16:26
The demo runs allot smoother than the the full game for me. I guess its because the demo only had 300 sq miles so it didn't have a whole island to load. The only way I can run the game fine is if all graphical options are down. even than some parts like the city are abit laggy. You guys know anything I can do to have it running smother. I think I might be that need a new graphics card.

Whats ur comp specs?

Scarn
25th Mar 2010, 16:59
Whats ur comp specs?

Im kinda of a computer noob so dont know. is there a way to find out? I'm running windows 7 thats all i know.

AUnjustCause
25th Mar 2010, 17:23
same issue here game is playable BUT there is room for both driver level and developer level improvements most of us here exceed the "recommended" system requirements and should "at least according to the box" have no trouble maxing the game out at what ever resolution we please"
and yet most people are reporting borderline fps
Eidos needs to do a little Optimization and release a patch asap

cha0s
25th Mar 2010, 17:28
Im kinda of a computer noob so dont know. is there a way to find out? I'm running windows 7 thats all i know.

Type "dxdiag" into the windows 7 start menu and press enter. The first tab will show processor the second will show GFX card.

Scarn
25th Mar 2010, 17:35
Type "dxdiag" into the windows 7 start bar and press enter. The first tab will show processor the second will show GFX card.

This is what I found

Processor: intel(R) Core(Tm)2 CPU 6300 @1.86GHz (2 CPU),~1.9GHz

Display:1920 X 1080 (32bit)(60Hz)

Device: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

DAC: Intergrated RAMDAC

Ventrex
25th Mar 2010, 17:56
This is what I found

Processor: intel(R) Core(Tm)2 CPU 6300 @1.86GHz (2 CPU),~1.9GHz

Display:1920 X 1080 (32bit)(60Hz)

Device: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

DAC: Intergrated RAMDAC

Your computer is OK its around the minimum system requirements so don't expect high fps.

same issue here game is playable BUT there is room for both driver level and developer level improvements most of us here exceed the "recommended" system requirements and should "at least according to the box" have no trouble maxing the game out at what ever resolution we please"
and yet most people are reporting borderline fps
Eidos needs to do a little Optimization and release a patch asap

Agree with any word.