PDA

View Full Version : Just Cause 2 V Sync

agentmass
25th Mar 2010, 01:15
So I have spent hours trying to fix this render lag caused by V Sync. I eventually figured out that I had to have max fps set to 60 for me not to get the render lag. the problem is when I start up Just Cause 2 the max fps is 75 if I turn it off and back on it will snap to 60. How do I make it so that it automatically goes to 60 at start up?

tigerminx
25th Mar 2010, 07:08
Just a question, how do you set the Max FPS to 60? I experience the same problem.

jaywalker2309
25th Mar 2010, 08:49
Theres a command line for it:

/frameratecap=<target_fps>, default: disabled

RedFeather1975
25th Mar 2010, 09:32
Theres a command line for it:

/frameratecap=<target_fps>, default: disabled

Is there a guide for those commands?
I was wondering how to turn off the "film grain" effect in the cutscenes.
Also curious what other commands there are.

EDIT: Here are some found while googling.

/failsafe Run in failsafe mode (ignore settings)
/fullscreen Fullscreen mode
/windowed Windowed mode
/width=n Width in pixels (fullscreen/windowed)
/height=n Height in pixels (fullscreen/windowed)
/widthFS=n Width in pixels (fullscreen)
/heightFS=n Height in pixels (fullscreen)
/widthW=n Width in pixels (windowed)
/heightW=n Height in pixels (windowed)
/msaa=n MSAA sample count
/vsync=b Enable/disable V-sync
/aniso=n Anisotropic filter (0-7, default: 7)
/shadows=n Shadow quality (0-2, default: 1)
/shadowres=n Shadow resolution (0-1, default: 0)
/ssao=b Enable/disable SSAO (default: disabled)
/hbao=b Enable/disable HBAO method for SSAO (default: enabled)
/plspec=b Enable/disable pointlight specular (default: disabled)
/posteffects=b Enable/disable posteffects (default: enabled)
/lodfactor=n Geometric detail (0-3, default: 0)
/decals=b Enable/disable decals
/edgefade=b Enable/disable edge fade effect
/filmgrain=b Enable/disable film grain effect
/fovfactor=, typical values 1.0 - 2.0 Changes the field of view, default is 1.0
/dxbuffers=, default: 1
/frameratecap=, default: disabled Allows you to cap your framerate at what every value you want.
/dxadapter= Allows those with multiple GPUs to force JC2 to use a specific device.

b=boolean, (0 or 1)
n = number (integer)

So, for film grain I would right click on Just Cause 2 in my games in Steam.
Then choose properties and 'Set Launch Options'.
Then in that field I would type /filmgrain=0

tigerminx
25th Mar 2010, 10:33
Thanks for the feedback.

agentmass
25th Mar 2010, 21:52
Is there any where else i can put the command line instead of the steam launch options?

AMDFreak
25th Mar 2010, 22:08
Dont worry about the command line bs. Or limiting your frames. Easiest fix is Download Rivatuner. Inside the rivatuner folder there is a program called D3DOverrider. Use it to auto enable triple buffering with Vsync on. That will even out your framerate. Seems Avalanche forgot about triple buffering for us PC users. Yet we got a PC exclusive version. Riiiiiiiight.

link for Rivatuner.: http://downloads.guru3d.com/RivaTuner-v2.24c-download-163.html

agentmass
26th Mar 2010, 01:22
Dont worry about the command line bs. Or limiting your frames. Easiest fix is Download Rivatuner. Inside the rivatuner folder there is a program called D3DOverrider. Use it to auto enable triple buffering with Vsync on. That will even out your framerate. Seems Avalanche forgot about triple buffering for us PC users. Yet we got a PC exclusive version. Riiiiiiiight.

link for Rivatuner.: http://downloads.guru3d.com/RivaTuner-v2.24c-download-163.html

Well i already have Rivatuner and i used that d3d thing and it still was at 75 when i used it before. What I did then is turn the ingame vsync off with d3d on and i got 60 fps but when i restart just cause 2 it goes back to 75 unless i change the ingame vsync again. i need it to snap to 60.

AMDFreak
26th Mar 2010, 02:04
why snap at 60? why bother with all that mess? jsut turn vsync on and have D#DOverrider force triple buffering on. Bammo good to go.

agentmass
26th Mar 2010, 02:58
Because when it is at 75 i get random render lag also when i am on my map i get 70 fps instead of 75 and that causes massive tears. So is there any where else i can put the command lines?

AMDFreak
26th Mar 2010, 03:25
our not listening to me. turn Vsync on. use D3DOverrider to force on triple buffering. you will be synced with your refresh rate AND not have a drop in FPS due to triple buffering.

agentmass
26th Mar 2010, 05:18
our not listening to me. turn Vsync on. use D3DOverrider to force on triple buffering. you will be synced with your refresh rate AND not have a drop in FPS due to triple buffering.

That is not true i turned vsync on and triple buffering i also had the in game vsync on and it was still stuck at 75 i can not have it at 75 because i get screen tears i dont always get 75 fps. My screen refresh rate is 60 and my vsync fps limit is 75 i need it at 60 and d3d does not do that.

AMDFreak
26th Mar 2010, 10:46
if your refesh rate is 60 and you ahve vsync on it's impossible for it to go above 60 to 75.

agentmass
26th Mar 2010, 22:13
Well it is it is 75 fps when i start the game i have my screen refresh rate at 60 is there somewhere i can put the command line?

RunningBare
26th Mar 2010, 22:43
Just a guess here, but is your monitor refresh rate set to 75?, if so then vsync will be at that refresh rate.

AMDFreak
26th Mar 2010, 22:59
if you have 75 fps with a monitor refresh rate of 60 then Vsync isn't on. I'm not yanking your chain here. It's an impossibility of code. It simply will not go over your refresh rate.

marsters25
28th Mar 2010, 05:03
My game works fine for about 5 mins and then lags out a 1 minute and then works well again... ne one heard of this before?

RedFeather1975
28th Mar 2010, 05:56
My game works fine for about 5 mins and then lags out a 1 minute and then works well again... ne one heard of this before?

I don't have that, but when I open the PDA or the options menu, after a second the screen pauses briefly and then resumes. So I wait a couple of seconds when I open the PDA, before moving my cursor.

Maxa1577
21st Sep 2011, 21:42

Been having laggy mouse and lagginess in general. Just saw this now and it fixed it, thanks so much. Wish I had known this like a year ago haha!