PDA

View Full Version : Discuss: Founder packs

hirukaru
14th Mar 2014, 21:54
Disclaimer: This topic is a semi-direct copy of the blog post made by George Kelion, Square Enix (2014)
Edits are made so it does not sound like I am a moderator or that I am George. I am away this weekend and thus it can happen that parts are not edited yet. Images will be made smaller some where next week. (or a mod has to do it for me)

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/132/blog/channel-20art-20template-20-photoshop-2.png
http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/125/blog/fp-block.jpg

Hey everyone, since the launch of Closed Beta we’ve received a whole bunch of requests about whether we would be offering a Founders Program for Nosgoth.

We have, in fact, been working on this for a while now and we’re ready to reveal the first details about our Founders Program today. While we don’t have a confirmed launch date for our Founders Packs to share with you just yet, they will be coming online in the very near future (before the end of this month, for sure).

So, what exactly is our Founders Program? Well, by purchasing a Founders Pack, you’re supporting Nosgoth’s development and it also nets you a slew of rare and exclusive in-game content, as well as a big bunch of Runestones to spend in our in-game store.

But that’s not all – purchasing a Founders Pack will also grant you immediate access to the game while it’s in Closed Beta. Plus, with some packs you will also receive invites to the game to share with your friends (or even your enemies – who are we to judge?).

Rest assured that we will continue to invite players who have registered via http://beta.Nosgoth.com into the game. That means we are still regularly sending out batches of Nosgoth access codes so you don't need to purchase a Founders Pack to receive an invite to Nosgoth’s Closed Beta, although it is the quickest way to guarantee you (and your friends) access to the game.

We will have six Founders Packs in total, alongside equivalent in-game bundles. We’re talking about the first three packs today and will detail the other three packs and in-game bundles tomorrow.

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/129/blog/veteran.jpg

Early Access
4,000 Rune Stones
Veteran Badge

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/131/blog/warlord.jpg

Early Access
7,000 Rune Stones
Warlord Badge
1 invite
1 Silver War Chest

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/130/blog/warband.jpg

Early Access
10,000 Rune Stones
Warband Badge
2 invites
2 Silver War Chests
2 Gold War Chests
Minor Founder's Booster (+100% XP & Gold, +25% Shared)

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/126/blog/vampire.jpg

Early Access
16,000 Rune Stones
Vampire Badge
4 invites
3 Silver War Chest
3 Gold War Chest
Minor Founder's Booster (+100% XP & Gold, +25% Shared)
Founder’s Reaver Skin
Early Access to Sentinel Class

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/128/blog/human.jpg

Early Access
16,000 Rune Stones
Human Badge
4 invites
3 Silver War Chest
3 Gold War Chest
Minor Founder's Booster
(+100% XP & Gold, +25% Shared)
Founder’s Scout Bow
Founder’s Hunter Crossbow
Early Access to Scout Class

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/127/blog/immortal.jpg

Early Access
30,000 Rune Stones
Immortal Badge
10 invites
5 Silver War Chest
5 Gold War Chest
Major Founder's Booster
(+100% XP & Gold, +50% Shared)
Founder’s Reaver Skin
Founder’s Scout Bow
6 Weapon Name Tags

Founders Packs In-Game Bundles

For players already playing our Closed Beta, you will also have the opportunity to purchase these Founders Packs as in-game bundles at a significantly discounted rate. These bundles also include game invites, so if you’re itching to bring your friends into Nosgoth, this is the quickest way of having them join you in battle.

Warlord Founder
Warband Founder
Vampire Founder
Human Founder
Immortal Founder

3,000 RS
($10.00)
3,000 RS
($20.00)
6,000 RS
($30.00)
6,000 RS
($30.00)
10,000 RS
($50.00)

Warlord Badge

1 invite

1 Silver War Chest
Warband Badge

2 invites

2 Silver War Chest

2 Gold War Chest

Minor Founder's Booster

Vampire Badge

4 invites

3 Silver War Chest

3 Gold War Chest

Minor Founder's Booster

Founder’s Reaver Skin

Human Badge

4 invites

3 Silver War Chest

3 Gold War Chest

Minor Founder's Booster

Founder’s Scout Bow

Immortal Badge

10 invites

5 Silver War Chest

5 Gold War Chest

Major Founder's Booster

(+100% XP & Gold, +50% Shared)

Founder’s Reaver Skin

Founder’s Scout Bow

6 Weapon Name Tags

A few of these items require a bit more explanation:

BADGES: These are visual representations of particular activities on the part of the player – participation in the Closed Alpha, for example, or ownership of a Founder’s Pack. They will be displayed in the front end pre-match lobbies, as well as elsewhere in the game. The player will in time have the choice of which Badge they want to pick, although right now it’s selected automatically for you.

Right now the system is in its early stages, but we’re planning to extend the range of Badges you can earn to include showing indications of rank, celebrating in-game achievements, or recording participation in special events. Basically if you do something cool or note-worthy, we want you to have a way to show it off to your friends and the rest of the community.

WAR CHESTS: Chests contain rare, distinctive items not available to purchase in Nosgoth's in-game store. Silver chests contain one uncommon Human or Vampire item, while Gold chests contain one rare Human item and one rare Vampire item.

INVITES: These allow you to provide immediate access to the game for of your buddies, however these are invitations only – they don’t come with the rest of the perks associated with the pack.

FOUNDER’S REAVER SKIN:

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/135/blog/fe-reaver-background.png
This is a cosmetic item (i.e. without a stats advantage) that is sure to help your Reaver Vampire character class stand out on the battlefield and strike fear into the hearts of your opponents.

FOUNDER’S SCOUT BOW & HUNTER CROSSBOW:
http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/133/blog/fe-bows-background.png

These are cosmetic items (i.e. without a stats advantage) that encase your primary weapons with a golden sheen, sure to make your Scout and Hunter the envy of their Human squad-mates.

WEAPON NAME TAGS: When buying a Founders Packs that grants a Name Tags, you will receive an artefact enabling you to personalise a weapon in your inventory. This allows you to customise six individual weapons in your arsenal with your own name, turning them into truly unique and memorable armaments.
http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/137/blog/fp.jpg

Bear in mind that once Nosgoth reaches Open Beta, the game will be entirely free-to-play - you will be able to download and play Nosgoth immediately without having to pay anything.

So, if you aren’t sure about the gameplay experience you’ll get in Closed Beta, we recommend you wait until Open Beta when you’ll be able to instantly access Nosgoth for free.

When Nosgoth reaches Open Beta, the Founders Packs won’t be neccessary for early access to the game anymore, but all their content will of course still remain valid. We’ll be sharing details about in-game bundles for Open Beta nearer the time.

Khalith
14th Mar 2014, 22:08
Just something I'm trying to understand right now.

So I read about the six founder's pack that were available along with their pricing then I scrolled down at the bundles at the bottom.

So those bundles at the bottom are the prices for players in closed beta? I also notice that the number of runestones you get for those bundles at the bottom are different than the packs on top, is that intentional? Some more details about that would be welcome.

I'm not really understanding the chart at the bottom. =(

hirukaru
14th Mar 2014, 22:18
Let me be the first to congrat the team on making the packs affordable and not that expensive.

I see that the immortal pack normal gives 30,000 rune stones and the one for players 10,000 but this is probably to make up for the price difference which seems logic enough.

Will there be a special Alpha pack :P which does not include the Sentinel and Scout but does include prophet and Deceiver ;)

Vampmaster
14th Mar 2014, 23:29
I'd like to suggest adding some really cool death effect to the weapon. It can be superficial, but I'm sick of seeing special weapons that don't actually do anything special.

How about the vampire turns to dust or bats or maybe you see their soul drift off into the ether like they would if Raziel had killed the vampire but not devoured it. Or maybe golden weapons should encase their victims in gold like I always kind of expected them to in other games.

EDIT: Not that I'm saying other rare weapon shouldn't have special effects too, like I think Corey might have mentioned wt some point.

WraithShadow13
14th Mar 2014, 23:34
I'd like to suggest adding some really cool death effect to the weapon. It can be superficial, but I'm sick of seeing special weapons that don't actually do anything special.

How about the vampire turns to dust or bats or maybe you see their soul drift off into the ether like they would if Raziel had killed the vampire but not devoured it.

Agreed, just being able to use a different name on a weapon doesn't really seem all that great. A visual effect (other than gold skin) would be much more appreciated.

PencileyePirate
14th Mar 2014, 23:50
Cloven feet & claws on founder's Reaver plz. It will surely require an adjusted character model, but LOK fans will appreciate it. This would also distinguish the founders Reaver from the current royal guard skin, which it appears to copy (almost identically!)

I also wish the Founders in-game bundles came with a few more runes, but current counts aren't unreasonable.

DeIYIon
15th Mar 2014, 00:12
Let me be the first to congrat the team on making the packs affordable and not that expensive.

I see that the immortal pack normal gives 30,000 rune stones and the one for players 10,000 but this is probably to make up for the price difference which seems logic enough.

Will there be a special Alpha pack :P which does not include the Sentinel and Scout but does include prophet and Deceiver ;)

This is true up until and including "warband", after that its just not worth it. If you are gonna go ahead and buy 30,000 runestones regardless anyway then yeah sure, go for it. But I don't think it fair to force people to spend $150 to buy all those runestones when quite frankly all they really want is the skins and a cool badge to show off that they are a founder.
I will get the warband one myself because I have loved this game so far and want to support it. However I think that the other packs above are quite shameful and I advise anyone thinking about buying them to reconsider. No-one should be spending $150 on a F2P game before it is even released no matter how great their first impressions of it are.

Tureil
15th Mar 2014, 00:15
Cloven feet & claws on founder's Reaver plz. It will surely require an adjusted character model, but LOK fans will appreciate it. This would also distinguish the founders Reaver from the current royal guard skin, which it appears to copy (almost identically!)

I also wish the Founders in-game bundles came with a few more runes, but current counts aren't unreasonable.

The Reavers are fledglings, even Founder ones, until they hit whatever threshold that triggers the future Evolution skins.

Batm0n
15th Mar 2014, 02:13
heres my question. if im invited from a friend, do I still get the discounted price of the founders pack?

PencileyePirate
15th Mar 2014, 06:11
The Reavers are fledglings, even Founder ones, until they hit whatever threshold that triggers the future Evolution skins.

Evolution doesn't just occur all at once after some threshold has been reached, at least not in real life. Adding cloven claws & feet could easily be justified as an intermediate form between fledgling and elder status.

Tureil
15th Mar 2014, 07:18
Evolution doesn't just occur all at once after some threshold has been reached, at least not in real life. Adding cloven claws & feet could easily be justified as an intermediate form between fledgling and elder status.

But this isn't real life. It's the video game world of Nosgoth. Where there *Are* classic skins with cloven feet and hands (and more). The Reavers and other vampires remain more human looking until they reach the level required for the Adult form to unlock.

Read the blog, and you'll know, boyo. They're already thinking far ahead of your "intermediates."

PencileyePirate
15th Mar 2014, 09:23
Read the blog, and you'll know, boyo. They're already thinking far ahead of your "intermediates."

I've been reading the blog, but only recently (since elder skins were introduced.) As far as I knew, only fledgling and elder skins had been announced. Can you link me to the blog post you're referencing?

Boreaquis
15th Mar 2014, 11:04
Still not sure whether or not I'll buy one. It's a bit strange that the 10$ and 20$ packs have the same amount of runestones, and overall the amount of runestones you get from the (in-game) packs seems a bit low, especially considering the price of equipment/skins.

lucinvampire
15th Mar 2014, 11:06
These look well NIIIIIICCCCCCEEEEE :D - and I have a question on them... I don't believe it's been answered in the blog...

How long will these founders packs be available? Will they just be around for closed beta, open beta or will they be available up/until after the game is released?

...really wanting the Reaver skin :D and the bow and the crossbow *drool* :D

Tureil
15th Mar 2014, 11:15
I've been reading the blog, but only recently (since elder skins were introduced.) As far as I knew, only fledgling and elder skins had been announced. Can you link me to the blog post you're referencing?

No need to, you already know then! :D

Omhxyz
15th Mar 2014, 11:22
heres my question. if im invited from a friend, do I still get the discounted price of the founders pack?

+1 and a bump for the awesome question, im wondering this as well.

Tureil
15th Mar 2014, 11:32
Still not sure whether or not I'll buy one. It's a bit strange that the 10$ and 20$ packs have the same amount of runestones, and overall the amount of runestones you get from the (in-game) packs seems a bit low, especially considering the price of equipment/skins.

I think the runestones are lower because of the generalized lower cost compared to the Out-of-Game pack variants, and (as you go up the line) the implied value given to the cosmetic goodies and whatever gems are hiding in those Silver and Gold chests, which apparently aren not in the Store. Something's gotta give somewhere I guess.

Boreaquis
15th Mar 2014, 12:35
I think the runestones are lower because of the generalized lower cost compared to the Out-of-Game pack variants, and (as you go up the line) the implied value given to the cosmetic goodies and whatever gems are hiding in those Silver and Gold chests, which apparently aren not in the Store. Something's gotta give somewhere I guess.

The early access packs all give 200 RS per $1 spent.

The in-game bundles are oddly distributed, being 300, 150, 200, 200 in order from cheapest to priciest. This leads me to believe that the first two are wrong, but maybe it's supposed to be like that.

Khalith
15th Mar 2014, 14:50
So those bundles at the bottom are the prices for players in closed beta? I also notice that the number of runestones you get for those bundles at the bottom are different than the packs on top, is that intentional? Some more details about that would be welcome.

I'm not really understanding the chart at the bottom. =(

Still wanting an explanation for my questions!

Boreaquis
15th Mar 2014, 14:59
Still wanting an explanation for my questions!

The answer is yes. Those are the prices for current testers. They're cheaper, but come with less runestones.

Bazielim
15th Mar 2014, 15:24

But this isn't real life. It's the video game world of Nosgoth. Where there *Are* classic skins with cloven feet and hands (and more). The Reavers and other vampires remain more human looking until they reach the level required for the Adult form to unlock.

My apologies, but this is stabbing me in the eye, so for clarity: Vampires in the Leagcy of Kain series evolve over time, "growing less human and more..divine" but for the Vampires of Kain's empire, this seems to occur largely in spurts, where the vampires retire and pupate inside a kind of cocoon, emerging transformed with "new gifts". So in effect they do reach a threshold where they change, but the change itself happens quickly and it is not seen, and this process can happen several times during a lifetime. The forms we have in Nosgoth so far are fledglings, with the evolved 'classic' adult forms incoming - and that represents the general appearance of the clans at this point in history: the 'Elder' forms of each clan at this time are as yet unseen.

Khalith
15th Mar 2014, 18:15
The answer is yes. Those are the prices for current testers. They're cheaper, but come with less runestones.

Lame. Ah well.

Tureil
15th Mar 2014, 21:05
My apologies, but this is stabbing me in the eye, so for clarity: Vampires in the Leagcy of Kain series evolve over time, "growing less human and more..divine" but for the Vampires of Kain's empire, this seems to occur largely in spurts, where the vampires retire and pupate inside a kind of cocoon, emerging transformed with "new gifts". So in effect they do reach a threshold where they change, but the change itself happens quickly and it is not seen, and this process can happen several times during a lifetime. The forms we have in Nosgoth so far are fledglings, with the evolved 'classic' adult forms incoming - and that represents the general appearance of the clans at this point in history: the 'Elder' forms of each clan at this time are as yet unseen.

Bingo.

Vampmaster
15th Mar 2014, 22:09
So, is the immortal pack $50 for alpha/beta testers? Could we get the beta prices shown in pounds and euros as well?

DeIYIon
16th Mar 2014, 00:50
I heard talk of discounts on the founders packs for being in alpha or something, How much is it?

Tureil
16th Mar 2014, 04:44
I heard talk of discounts on the founders packs for being in alpha or something, How much is it?
Down at the bottom of the Blog page where they discuss the Bundles....I *Believe* thats the pricing they have for the Packs for Alpha/beta guys. So the Immortal one'll be like $50 bucks instead of like...150.

Edited cuz my brain stopped working. Fixed.

Razaiim
16th Mar 2014, 05:24
Yeah I'm not going to sugar coat it, I'm unimpressed by what these packs offer as an alpha player.

Delorien94
16th Mar 2014, 05:28
With those packs will the normal invites rate drop a lot or not? Just wondering if i have to wait a couple of months and then get in or i'm better to get the low price one coz there is no chance to get in... Didn't even have the confirmation e-mail yet...

Got the e-mail... time to wait

Khalith
16th Mar 2014, 07:06
Yeah I'm not going to sugar coat it, I'm unimpressed by what these packs offer as an alpha player.

I'm going to get an immortal pack (the $50 one). The runestones and the reaver skin are well worth it to me and I can use them to buy even more skins so I can change it up regularly and buy a few permanent items as well, with the booster I can use it to finish getting the other permanents to. The weapon name tags are an interesting thing to, but I think that we will be the only ones to see the names of them, last thing we need is other people seeing the name of it when it's something like "you got pwned lol," something immature and rude like that will not be something I want to see when I get killed!

The invites can be handy to, I know there are some folks on the forum that will want them and I have a few friends that are interested in the game, and on the chart they showed, the symbol for the immortal badge looks really cool. One thing I want to know about the golden bows though, can we use that as a skin for any weapon? And why no gold cannon!? I like the game enough to drop money, but no way I'm getting that 150 pack. :X

smellslikedeo
16th Mar 2014, 10:05

NO man, lets be thankfull for being able to spend up to 50 dollar to get a few skins and some runestones to get a few perm unlocks or more skins.
Its not like i can buy 3 whole games on steam for 50 dollar that have triple the content without any grinding.

So far i would barely spend 5 euro/ 8 dollar on this game for the whole content that it offers currently.

Investing a larger amount into an uncertain future of a game that as already predefined its future as f2p grind/unlock, but remember only "sidegrades" , moneytaker , i will not support this kind of business.
These bundles are not customer or beta-tester friendly whatsoever! The only service so far they do, is for their own pockets to be filled with money from an unfinished product that has a wonky business plan for the future. Take your time to think about it.
A list of guaranteed future features and their way of handling several concerns of the the community in the future, would make this less of a blind faith/hope investment.

Vampmaster
16th Mar 2014, 10:56
I'll probably get the immortal pack, since the discounted rate doesn't seem too bad and I think I probably should, considering the amount of nagging I've done. However, I can see why people wouldn't want to pay the full £90. That is pretty steep for what's included.

I think some statement about what the money would be spent on would make it seemmore worthwhile. Perhaps founders could get additional extras as time goes on.

Are founders programmes a similar thing to how kickstarter works, where you're paying for a future product to be made as opposed to the small reward you get? Maybe SE should market it in the same way such as:
"Once amount X has been donated, we can add feature Y"

hirukaru
16th Mar 2014, 21:57

Let me answer this for you batmon,
If you are able to play the game you are able to buy the founder packs for people who already got access. You can even buy them after buying a different founder pack.

You can probably even buy all of the packs if you want.

Prime_Abstergo
18th Mar 2014, 14:31
Hello people.

First of all I'd like to know if these Silver and Golden chests are already unlocked or will we be forced to buy "Treasure keys" (500 RS each one) to open them?

And then another question regarding account data (player lvl, characters, unlockables, stats etc) wipe after Closed/Open beta testing period ends. If this wipe will occure what will happen to all the goodies people have bought for "real" money (by this I mean RS).

Thanks.

lucinvampire
18th Mar 2014, 15:13
First of all I'd like to know if these Silver and Golden chests are already unlocked or will we be forced to buy "Treasure keys" (500 RS each one) to open them?

The chest/chest keys are what is supplied - so there is no additional cost to unlock them...

And then another question regarding account data (player lvl, characters, unlockables, stats etc) wipe after Closed/Open beta testing period ends. If this wipe will occure what will happen to all the goodies people have bought for "real" money (by this I mean RS).

In past it was said if they have to do a wipe all real money will be refunded to your Nosgoth account – but the plan is as far as we’ve been told for their not to be one.

Kazimira
19th Mar 2014, 00:55
Although I think it may be a little on the steep side for the money aspect I do understand why we should support them in makeing the game. I just think it may be so expensive its held out of the range of many people that want much of the stuff.

That being said I'll be eating noodles and keeping any running costs in the house for me is kept well down for a month so I can afford a good pack.

RazielOfNosgoth
19th Mar 2014, 11:29
I am beyond thrilled to finally see the Founders Packs and the pricing, especially as in-game bundles for Closed Beta players! :D

First of all, I am pleased to be able to support the development of this game, as part of the Legacy of Kain franchise which I cherish dearly - so the Immortal Founder Pack seems like a logical choice! :D Personally, I have never purchased any kind of game currency or pack or anything of a sort, so I am not the one to talk about the pricing, but I am more than happy with the offer and value I get for the price, three times as happy in fact, considering the Closed Beta discount! :D

I can't wait for them to appear under the BUNDLES tab in the game! :D

PencileyePirate
23rd Mar 2014, 07:54
Any word on what kinds of items will be in war chests?

I'm mainly wondering -- will the items be purely aesthetic, or will they have function(s)? Will they simply be special variations on existing items, or perhaps something completely new?

Boreaquis
23rd Mar 2014, 11:10
Any word on what kinds of items will be in war chests?

I'm mainly wondering -- will the items be purely aesthetic, or will they have function(s)? Will they simply be special variations on existing items, or perhaps something completely new?

As per the original blog post, they'll contain rare and uncommon equipment. Uncommon equipment have one set of stat modifiers (negative and positive), rare have two sets of stat modifiers. They're similar to the chests you get from levelling up, except silver chests always have 1 uncommon item, and gold chests always have 2 rares.

I'm fairly certain of this, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.