PDA

View Full Version : hmmm...........

tombraider1best
24th Mar 2010, 19:08
i heard my friend talking the other day............
is it true that the new tomb raider is going to be the same camera angle as GTA1? O.o
i sure hope not Dx

Gemma_Darkmoon_
24th Mar 2010, 19:14
Do you mean Lara Croft and guardian of light? That one has a sort of arial camera where you look down on a small Lara and can see quite alot of the environment. Reminds me of Sonic 3D from the 90's.

The next TR though I think will have the normal TR camera angles.

tombraider1best
24th Mar 2010, 19:23
Why! :(
i really hate those camera angels, i find them annoying
ohh well its tomb raider il convince myself its good

Rexie
24th Mar 2010, 20:03
I'm bettin' 520€ that someone will manage to hack the game on PC and fix the angles.

tombraider1best
24th Mar 2010, 20:12
most probably, i hope they do :)

Nemesis296
24th Mar 2010, 20:21
I'm bettin' 520€ that someone will manage to hack the game on PC and fix the angles.

Wouldn't be so sure about that. No one and I mean NO ONE, managed to successfully hack Batman: Arkham Asylum to use custom skins on the PC version. Eidos has some sort of mean tricks up their sleeves :rolleyes:

The_Hylden
24th Mar 2010, 21:21
...Yeah, 'twas a shame. Not only did it mean I couldn't use my skin, or anyone else's (which take a good amount of time to make!) ... it also killed the buzz for that thread and the experience, which I think was a major, MAJOR mistake on Eidos' part.

The only major one they made, imo. It probably cost them, as popular as the game was, quite a lot of business on the PC front. Hopefully, Warner Bros. paid attention and won't make that mistake in the sequel.

Keir
25th Mar 2010, 11:52
i heard my friend talking the other day............
is it true that the new tomb raider is going to be the same camera angle as GTA1? O.o
i sure hope not Dx

Well, Crystal are working on two projects right now. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light isn't the next Tomb Raider ;)

This game is something new and different (you can see some screens here (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=157988&id=10285661500)). The important thing to realise is this doesn't affect the development of the other project.

Wait and see, because it's an awesome game :thumbsup:

...Yeah, 'twas a shame. Not only did it mean I couldn't use my skin, or anyone else's (which take a good amount of time to make!) ... it also killed the buzz for that thread and the experience, which I think was a major, MAJOR mistake on Eidos' part.

The only major one they made, imo. It probably cost them, as popular as the game was, quite a lot of business on the PC front. Hopefully, Warner Bros. paid attention and won't make that mistake in the sequel.

Yeah, I'm all for modding, and am always trying to get the powers that be to embrace it. We'll get there one day! :)

Rexie
25th Mar 2010, 13:58
Wouldn't be so sure about that. No one and I mean NO ONE, managed to successfully hack Batman: Arkham Asylum to use custom skins on the PC version. Eidos has some sort of mean tricks up their sleeves :rolleyes:

They (TRF) managed to hack TRL and TRA. And if my memory serves correctly, TRU too.

Danielsun_
25th Mar 2010, 14:06
are these the same people that made lara naked? >=(

tombraider1best
25th Mar 2010, 18:02
who would want to see a computer character naked o.O
Like seriously......get a grip xD

Danielsun_
25th Mar 2010, 18:15
been done for tr, dragon age and i think just about any game that features a female character in it xD lol

Rexie
25th Mar 2010, 19:20
are these the same people that made lara naked? >=(

No, not those sick bastards.

Danielsun_
25th Mar 2010, 19:22
good, wasnt a happy day when that happened :(