PDA

View Full Version : Side mouse button and sensitivity issue

p34nk
24th Mar 2010, 14:10
I'm sure I'm not the only one and there has been a thread already in the General forum about this, but will there be a fix for the side mouse buttons? As it stands right now, it is unusable (Tested with Steelseries mouse, Razer mouse, and Logitech gaming G5/G7 mouse). When trying to map an action to the side button, it just says that it already got mapped to something else and will clear it, thus will assign it N/A, and for some reason it will clear whatever action mapped to the SPACE bar.

The other issue is the different sensitivity in driving/shooting/flying/skydiving. It is for some reason different when controlling heli (and turning) vs. skydiving (where the slightest move of the mouse will make him turn). For the skydiving, why not let the mouse be camera control and we can use the keyboard to turn around and dive/hang back. Seems like I'm fighting with the camera everytime I go into skydiving mode.

Any admin or anyone care to reply? Thanks. The game is great, graphic and performance is great for the right rig. It's just the control feels unrefined. I sure hope they dont have Zoom in/out to be LB/RB. It isnt a port, is it? :nut:

Deadman
24th Mar 2010, 14:13
X-Mouse Button Control would fix your side mouse button issue, you get to assign mouse buttons to keystrokes, and set them to do it only in game so you can still use them as usual outside the game.

p34nk
24th Mar 2010, 17:34
X-Mouse Button Control would fix your side mouse button issue, you get to assign mouse buttons to keystrokes, and set them to do it only in game so you can still use them as usual outside the game.

OK, I can give this X-Mouse a try. Have you tried it and where to get it? I just hope that they will be able to address this without users having to resort to a third party applications like this.

Any comment about the sensitivity setting and camera controls (for skydiving and flying)?Thanks!

Deadman
24th Mar 2010, 17:46
http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm

Yeah, I haven't just tried it, I use it all the time. I've played many games that don't support my extra buttons so I use the program a LOT.

Just double click on it from your system tray when you have JC2 running, click "add" choose the JC2.exe, and then choose a button you want to change and select "simulated keypress"

Note that when you push a mouse button with x-mouse open that button will highlight (useful for when some programs have a different opinion on what's button 4 and button 5)

Can't help you with your camera controls, I'm not having any problems there myself. Good luck =]

AMDFreak
24th Mar 2010, 23:32
yea kind of annoying. i was going to bind stunt jump to a MOUSE4 instead of LAlt... oh well

jpiles
25th Mar 2010, 01:20
Yes it's pretty lame. I wanted to bind my mouse4 to the grappling hook, as having it boudn to any keyboard button isn't too friendly, especially when i'm trying to do quick, crazy stunting...

If this problem and the Eyefinty hijack prompt prlbems are fixed, I'd have nothing left to complain about.

and and the verly-ssensitive skydiving mouse control.

I'm starting to hink I may have to...*gulp* use a controller.

tigerminx
25th Mar 2010, 07:12
I'm starting to hink I may have to...*gulp* use a controller.

Hehe, I am using a controller but unfortunately it's plagued by the same sensitivity issue while free falling, in mounted weapons etc. The slightest touch and you lose complete control.

I played the PS3 demo quite a bit and the controls are a lot more forgiving.

p34nk
25th Mar 2010, 19:32
I tried this last night, for some reason this program isnt working for me. It still is not allowing me to bind mouse4 and 5 although I set it up properly (hopefully?) in the configuration. Do I need to restart anything for this to happen? Basically I tried emulating the mouse 4 and mouse 5 to keyboard stroke L and K (just because they arent used and its in a location where I rarely would press), but not working. Any idea?

Honestly though, the sensitivity needs adjustment and will be good if it can be addressed. I would actually think that if the POV or the camera can be adjusted, I can avoid deaths sooooo many times when freefalling just because I "touched" the side of the mountain or deploy the parachute too late....Weird..