PDA

View Full Version : monitor out of range

Gamehunter
24th Mar 2010, 12:20
hey guys just installed the game tried to run it but I get "out of range " on my monitor,still hearing sounds put no picture

Eidos Support
24th Mar 2010, 12:22
Whats your desktop resolution and refresh rate?

Gamehunter
24th Mar 2010, 14:43
well my monitor supports 1280x1024 at 72 hz and this is the far as I can get.

Eidos Support
24th Mar 2010, 15:45
Is this what it is actually set to at the moment?

Can you upload your dxdiag so we can look in to this?

"out of range" errors are formed when the signal sent to the monitor is not supported by the monitor. Have you ever been able to get in to the game and perhaps changed settings? Make sure your graphics card and monitor drivers are fully updated.

Gamehunter
24th Mar 2010, 16:21
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/210041/DxDiag-txt.html
yes I am able to play te game only in window mode

Gamehunter
25th Mar 2010, 14:52
any solutions yet ?Or advice ?

compatible
25th Mar 2010, 15:04
what graphics drivers are you on , nvidia have just realised new drivers out today , if you want to download and install them, maybe that will fix your problem..

Gamehunter
25th Mar 2010, 19:50
I tried ,but the problem remains . My card is GF 9800 GT 512

RunningBare
25th Mar 2010, 21:02
I tried ,but the problem remains . My card is GF 9800 GT 512Open your Nvidia control panel, display settings IIRC, select the resolution you are using in the game then set refresh rate to 60 for that resolution and click apply, really the game should have detected the monitors max res and refresh, unless you changed it somehow?

Gamehunter
25th Mar 2010, 22:35
Yeah I also tried that it doesnt work.Is there any patch coming that fixes that problem I know I'm not the only one with this problem

crvic
26th Mar 2010, 09:19
There is a very simple solution to this issue:

Just turn off your screensaver and the power off options for your monitor, it should stay always on. I had the same issue while playing with a controller, which makes sense somehow, I didn't touch any keyboard keys and the monitor went off.

Simple

Gamehunter
26th Mar 2010, 10:29
I just checked that the screensaver is is off and the power off opitons is set to Never,so I gues the problem don't comes from there,thanks for the advice anyway:) I think the problem comes from the game's optimizatiotion it's been set to 16:9 but my monitor supports only 4:3 .The game is fantastic,beautiful (the Lost island is awesome idea) I'm still able to play the game in window mode but it's realy anoying .I'll wait for the patch if there is going to be one,or another solution comes out.Eidos thanks for this game realy:)

Eidos Support
26th Mar 2010, 10:45
Your dxdiag shows this:

Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id:
Native Mode: unknown

Do you have drivers specific for your monitor? Do you know if your monitor can support a 60hz refresh rate? If you can install specific monitor drivers it could resolve this or at least show which refresh rates it can support. Do you have access to any other monitors or a TV you can connect to, just for troubleshooting?

Your graphics card drivers are also dated from January, Please update these to the latest available. Please see the sticky thread at the top of the PC forums here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=102056) for links.

crvic
26th Mar 2010, 12:14
I just checked that the screensaver is is off and the power off opitons is set to Never,so I gues the problem don't comes from there,thanks for the advice anyway:) I think the problem comes from the game's optimizatiotion it's been set to 16:9 but my monitor supports only 4:3 .The game is fantastic,beautiful (the Lost island is awesome idea) I'm still able to play the game in window mode but it's realy anoying .I'll wait for the patch if there is going to be one,or another solution comes out.Eidos thanks for this game realy:)

Sorry, didn't read the whole post. So you are receiving this error when starting the game. I had the same problem but somewhere after 30 minutes of playing, I am playing with a controller so the monitor goes off and I receive Signal out of range. It is only with this game