PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES Making the humans hurt

MasterShuriko
14th Mar 2014, 16:25
I know that you can ram a human as a tyrant from a roof and make him fall from a roof and take damage.
I know that you as a sentinel can use wing flap to make a human fall from a roof and take damage.

But when I play as a Reaver and I occasionally line up my pounce (still collecting for savage pounce) so that I take the human down from the roof, fall down into the ground before I begin mauling him with the said ability. During this I have noticed that the human doesnt take any dmg until the ability itself starts, what do you guys think should the fall + the dmg from the ability hurt?

In my oppinion it should since it brings the more risk higher reward into play here for both parts. Especially since the human patch.. they hurt:eek:!

Khalith
14th Mar 2014, 17:24
I definitely agree if you pounce a human off a cliff it should do some fall damage. If you get tackled off a building and land on your back with someone on top of you, that is going to hurt like hell, the pounce shouldn't negate the fall damage, I don't think this would buff reaver that much anyway considering how highly situational such an event would be.

MarinePikachu
14th Mar 2014, 18:11
The idea makes sense but normal pounce is so easy to land that it may be too much.

MasterShuriko
14th Mar 2014, 20:14
I´m not giving up! Today I managed to pull that off 3x as a reaver and fell victim to it twice today aswell!
The players I talked to in-game when it happened said the same thing. They were surpriced it didnt do dmg when they fell.

MarinePikachu
15th Mar 2014, 00:13
I´m not giving up! Today I managed to pull that off 3x as a reaver and fell victim to it twice today aswell!
The players I talked to in-game when it happened said the same thing. They were surpriced it didnt do dmg when they fell.

Well see thats kinda the point. Its so common and so easy to do that I feel like it would be too good. Imagine a savage pounce 1 hit kill. Normal pounce may not kill but it leaves you only needing like 1 or 2 normal attacks left to kill the target.

Like I said in a previous post, it makes complete sense but just my opinion that it may be too good. I can think of a super OP scenario where a reaver just landed the pounce, the dude hits the ground and another reaver throws a poison down (the guy is gonna be dead for sure). seems a little too good.

MasterShuriko
15th Mar 2014, 00:42
But in one way I dont think it would be to much either since these scenarios dont always happen. I played 3 hours more now and I couldnt get a single one in. The humans stayed grounded =(

MarinePikachu
15th Mar 2014, 01:02
I would definitely try and look for the situation to occur if I am a reaver. But yea, I guess that that even though more people will look for it to occur, people will also learn to avoid it. However some cases are unavoidable like a sent dropping a person on a tall building but in this case i guess if the reaver didnt do the pounce then the sent would use its flap.

IDK seems like im neither for it nor against it.

MasterShuriko
15th Mar 2014, 11:25
Hehe I noticed that =D

Unknown_Mystery
15th Mar 2014, 17:49
Well if a human were to be in a very high area and were a one hit after falling from such a height, its kinda their fault for being near a ledge. I mean, sentinels can wing flag, dive, and then kill in a similar manner. Dont see why Reavers doing the same would hurt. Also, doesnt the reaver already gain damage based on distance traveled?