PDA

View Full Version : Why make them wait?

1qwkdsm
24th Mar 2010, 09:40
I was just wondering why the makers of Just Cause 2 would make the people of Great Britain wait an extra few days and the people of Australia wait about another week to play this awesome game. This game is so good I don't think any one group of people should have to wait longer while some enjoy such a quality game. So what is the reasoning behind this?

P.S. I mostly torrent games because usually their over-hyped and overpriced or won't run on my system for one reason or another, but as soon as I played the demo I made sure I purchased 4 copies of the game. 1 for myself and 3 for my siblings. The makers of this great game deserve every penny for it so they can continue to make superior games like this. :wave:Thank Eidos and Square for all you've done!:D

Just_Cause_U_Luv_Me
24th Mar 2010, 09:42
Probably a marketing ploy. I don't mind tbh,generally games are released here on a Friday anyway. Well most games I've had thinking back have come on a Friday.

1qwkdsm
24th Mar 2010, 09:47
I would have figured it was some kind of local law in your country causing a later release date, but a marketing ploy. Jeez that's pretty low.

b1gsmk
24th Mar 2010, 09:47
yeah waiting a whole week is like torture. . . but i get the game right on the first day of my easter break so i'm pretty happy =]

1qwkdsm
24th Mar 2010, 09:49
yeah waiting a whole week is like torture. . . but i get the game right on the first day of my easter break so i'm pretty happy =]

This actually makes me pretty jealous...:cool:

GeorgeRobo
24th Mar 2010, 09:50
It's because games always release on a Friday in the UK. Like music is always released on a Monday. It's not a marketing ploy.

Don't know about australia though, I know games are released on a Thursday there but why it's next thursday rather than this one I don't know...

1qwkdsm
24th Mar 2010, 09:53
OK so can I ask what is the reason for the UK only releasing games on a Friday. Is that some sort of rule or it just happens to always work out like that. I'm not trying to troll or anything I seriously would like to know the reason for this...

Just_Cause_U_Luv_Me
24th Mar 2010, 10:01
OK so can I ask what is the reason for the UK only releasing games on a Friday. Is that some sort of rule or it just happens to always work out like that. I'm not trying to troll or anything I seriously would like to know the reason for this...My comment was sarcasm ;)

Anyway i have no idea why we get games on a Friday..I'm trying to remember ones that came out mid-week but i can't and i don't know why that is lol.

1qwkdsm
24th Mar 2010, 10:05
There's got to be a reason for this. If memory serves me correct didn't Battlefield Bad Company 2 release at the same time globally?

DavidF
24th Mar 2010, 10:06
Paitence is a Virtue ;).

Didn't the EU guys get ALL Pre-Order DLC? I ask this because this might be why, I'm not sure if the AU people will get all Pre-Order DLC. Lucky blokes.

USA - Gets the game first, but only certain ammount of DLC depending on where you pre-order.
EU - Gets the game Second, but gets ALL DLC.
AU - Gets the Game Third, but not sure about the DLC.

scou89
24th Mar 2010, 10:07
games mostly come out on a friday in the uk, as friday is the day most people get payed, so the idea is people are more likely to buy the game on the friday, also people are more likely to buy games on a friday so they have all weekend to play it

LastFallen
24th Mar 2010, 10:08
didn't modern warfare 2 release on a tuesday?

Just_Cause_U_Luv_Me
24th Mar 2010, 10:09
didn't modern warfare 2 release on a tuesday?I honestly can't remember LOL

Peardan
24th Mar 2010, 10:10
New Zealand, Don't forget New Zealand. It comes out in April as well.

b1gsmk
24th Mar 2010, 10:43
and yeah we get the limited edition like you guys DavidF

IVIAKAV3L1
24th Mar 2010, 12:17
Because while the human race has mastered sending a rocket to the moon using advanced trigonometry and mathematics, humanity has not yet discovered the highly intricate magical superpower known as 'Releasing-Games-On-The-Same-Friggin-Day-Everywhere'. I think we should try and request help from David Blaine to see if he can help us uncover this highly advanced technology.

I need just cause 2 @!@!
24th Mar 2010, 13:04
My comment was sarcasm ;)

Anyway i have no idea why we get games on a Friday..I'm trying to remember ones that came out mid-week but i can't and i don't know why that is lol.

Mw2 came out on a tuesday =/

aieeeee
24th Mar 2010, 13:06
I'm glad it's not out until Friday. I don't get paid until Friday. I couldn't bare the thought of it coming out before I can get it.

1qwkdsm
24th Mar 2010, 13:27
OK so I guess there really is no answer to this question other than bragging rights?
haha i'm playing before you /flee...

SkyChat
24th Mar 2010, 13:33
Next time I'll buy it off the internet and play 2 weeks before release, should have done that in the first place.

BackedOut_
24th Mar 2010, 13:35
The only reason why some games in the UK are released on a Tuesday because it's a well know game, therefore the publisher will choose to have a wordwide release.

As for the UK have 99% of games released on a Friday, this is because the government thinks that because it's the last working day and nearly the weekend, customers will be more willing to purchase a game.
Takes the p*ss really as it means we have to wait an extra 3 days, which is extremely painful if you're looking forward to it.

Error96_
24th Mar 2010, 14:16
We always have to wait longer in the UK. Is so annoying. Wish companies would do more worldwide releases at the same time.

Eros1337
24th Mar 2010, 14:31
:rasp: Greetings from Holland :rasp:

frenzypsycho
24th Mar 2010, 14:42
:rasp: Greetings from Holland :rasp:

Belgium here ! Still waitin;... :nut:

SparkyBox
24th Mar 2010, 15:05
I was just wondering why the makers of Just Cause 2 would make the people of Great Britain wait an extra few days and the people of Australia wait about another week to play this awesome game. This game is so good I don't think any one group of people should have to wait longer while some enjoy such a quality game. So what is the reasoning behind this?

P.S. I mostly torrent games because usually their over-hyped and overpriced or won't run on my system for one reason or another, but as soon as I played the demo I made sure I purchased 4 copies of the game. 1 for myself and 3 for my siblings. The makers of this great game deserve every penny for it so they can continue to make superior games like this. :wave:Thank Eidos and Square for all you've done!:D

Its not only Britain its whole Europe!!!

Mr. Grey
24th Mar 2010, 15:06
OP, you do realize that Europe isn't some small province of Great Britain, right?
And DavidF, us europeans get none of the preorder dlc, if we don't buy the Limited Edition, which costs like 15 euro more in Sweden than the regular version.
So, I'd rather take one of the Pre Order DLC's free and 3 days earlier release than paying extra for something others get free and and then get it later. Just my opinion though.

aieeeee
24th Mar 2010, 16:11
OP, you do realize that Europe isn't some small province of Great Britain, right?
And DavidF, us europeans get none of the preorder dlc, if we don't buy the Limited Edition, which costs like 15 euro more in Sweden than the regular version.
So, I'd rather take one of the Pre Order DLC's free and 3 days earlier release than paying extra for something others get free and and then get it later. Just my opinion though.

The LE is more in sweden? Well that sucks. It's the same price in the UK.

superme237
24th Mar 2010, 16:13

it takes a few days to ship the games over to europe, if they where made ion america they get put on a truck and get to the stores dead quick

BackedOut_
24th Mar 2010, 16:44
it takes a few days to ship the games over to europe, if they where made ion america they get put on a truck and get to the stores dead quick

Where did you get that from? They ship games to other countries weeks in advance.

scou89
24th Mar 2010, 16:50
i think its better to get the game on a friday, as it means you get all friday night to play, with out worrying about the next day, unless you work on a saturday :lmao:

LastFallen
24th Mar 2010, 17:02
i think its better to get the game on a friday, as it means you get all friday night to play, with out worrying about the next day, unless you work on a saturday :lmao:

Sure thats a good explanation but the the question would be why doesn't america release the games on friday?

SkyChat
24th Mar 2010, 17:31

I might quit my job so I never have to worry again ;) :rasp:

ads_legend
24th Mar 2010, 18:17
My comment was sarcasm ;)

modern warfare 2 did

GeorgeRobo
24th Mar 2010, 18:31
modern warfare 2 did

So did Halo 3.
Massive games full of spoilers tend to get worldwide releases.
Other games (ie. Just Cause 2) don't get the luxury of a worldwide release.

Myffe
24th Mar 2010, 18:34
Just Cause 2 is released in Finland 25.3 but I got my copy today :D

Captain-Matt
24th Mar 2010, 20:38
America always gets stuff relased before the UK anyway, regardless of paydays and whatnot (Ironically I get paid this Friday so I can buy it :D)

Driver 3 was released in USA a full week before the UK, despite the fact it was entirely made in the UK!

Cyc2u
24th Mar 2010, 20:59
Wasnt this game made in Europe?

whiteshark12
24th Mar 2010, 21:16
Wasnt this game made in Europe?

sweeden, to be precise ;)