PDA

View Full Version : Just Cause 2 Error

1qwkdsm
24th Mar 2010, 06:43
I just bought the game as I loved the demo. The demo ran absolutely beautiful on my machine on max. Now the full game gives me the error NOT ENOUGH STORAGE SPACE TO COMPLETE OPERATION. Before you start spouting off READ!!! I searched the forums and found that I may need to free up system resources but this is not the case with me as there are no resources to free up as its a fresh Win7 load. Here's my specs:

Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.4 GHz OC'd to 3.2 stable.
2 GB DDR3
Gigabyte EP-45T-UD3LR
Nvidia Geforce GTX 260
OCZ Vertex Turbo 60GB SSD in Raid 0 128k Striping

I know the game requires 2GB min. to run but I meet that requirement. Win7x64 Ultimate says 2.00GB in system properties. I don't understand what the problem is.:mad2:

Flippy
24th Mar 2010, 07:14
Hi mate,
Two things
a) make sure you actually hve enough Hard Drive Space for the game. If you got like 5GB left then theres your answer. The 2GB you are referring to is the 2GB DDR3 RAM not the HDD, the game requires about 10GB HDD (C or D drive) to run.
b) try again. maybe the jc2 demo is confliting. Have you downloaded it or is it a hard copy? and you might want to think about increasing that RAM one day. Its going to be a big pain later running 4 processors on so low RAM!

1qwkdsm
24th Mar 2010, 07:22
OK since you don't know how to read let me state again. I HAVE 120GB TOTAL ON MY HDDS! Only about 20 GB is currently in use so no thats not the problem. As for my memory, the game says it requires 2GB and I have that. Remeber its a fresh windows install so i dont have any extra crap running. Right now I am at 45 processes including this browser page. BFBC2 runs like a champ on my system and so does GTA4 at near max settings. This **** is pissing me off :mad2::mad2::mad2:

jaywalker2309
24th Mar 2010, 08:20
Have you got the demo installed still? try deleting that first?

If demo worked then you its not a system resources issue as the requirements are the same

1qwkdsm
24th Mar 2010, 09:20
The demo ran great on my current hardware. I fixed the problem myself so feel free to close this.:D

SWEET EFFIN GAME BTW!

cha0s
24th Mar 2010, 12:41
The demo ran great on my current hardware. I fixed the problem myself so feel free to close this.:D

SWEET EFFIN GAME BTW!

Why dont you tell us what you did wrong, so that the next time someone asks the same question we can tell them the fix.

1qwkdsm
24th Mar 2010, 13:01
I do normally post up any fixes I may find for any game, however this particular fix is most likely inappropriate for these forums. So this is why I refrained from posting it in an open public forum. If anyone reading this is desperate for a fix PM me and I will gladly let you know how I addressed my particular problem.

jaywalker2309
24th Mar 2010, 16:50
Hm why does that suggest something slightly untoward is being done here :(

slowshutterfilms
25th Mar 2010, 04:58
Sad day :( I need that fix as well

dj.djck
28th Mar 2010, 14:10
I need that fix... plz 1qwkdsm ...

MY SYSTEM Runed the game... And when I pressed New GAME it started loading.. then Suddenly .. BOOM.. PC And electrical panel OFF :| .. I started the PC Again and when I tryed to Run the game .. ERROR... NOT ENOUGH STORAGE SPACE TO COMPLETE OPERATION... :| PLS PM Me the sollution 1qwkdsm

hasfreestyle
28th Mar 2010, 15:52
plzzzzzzzzzzz 1qwkdsm tell us what have you do to fix this problem????!!!!! i have this msg since 4 days ;(

DLV
2nd Apr 2010, 18:16
hey i tried to send you a private message i don't know if it went through. could you tell me what you did to fix the game? i've been lookin this up for a few days now and cant find anything. thanks in advance

Olvik
2nd Apr 2010, 18:45
Have the same problem and can not play, what do I ...?
Please I am desperate ...

A greeting.

Blacksight
5th Apr 2010, 15:58
Please I need this fix too PLEASE HELP ME

eddy963
14th May 2010, 15:13
I had this problem but I found that if I leave my computer for a few hours and then come back it will run. (I think it is safe to run some programs but I don't know which)
Sorry I can't be more specific but I only found out by leaving it on overnight, hope it helps anyway.