PDA

View Full Version : Can difficulty be changed once a game begins?

lukeman3000
24th Mar 2010, 02:32
I want to play on "experienced" mode, but after I beat the game and have unlocked everything, I might want to crank it up to "hardcore"... does this mean I need to restart the game on hardcore and unlock everything again from square 1?

Monopolyguy666
24th Mar 2010, 02:36
Nope srry dude you can't unless this option is hidden from my all seeing view

Peardan
24th Mar 2010, 02:37
That would be cool though. Easy easy easy easy easy final mission Hardcore! Achievement unlocked hardcore mode completed. Yeah..

lukeman3000
24th Mar 2010, 02:38
Nope srry dude you can't unless this option is hidden from my all seeing view

What... that seems kinda lame.. what about this "mercenary mode" I keep hearing about? I don't see it on the menu..

lukeman3000
24th Mar 2010, 02:40
That would be cool though. Easy easy easy easy easy final mission Hardcore! Achievement unlocked hardcore mode completed. Yeah..

Naturally, you would not be able to unlock achievements for any difficulty higher than what you started out on..

Edit: Sorry for double post.

So what you're saying is that I need to start off on the absolute hardest difficulty if that's what I want to end up playing at some point? I have no way of knowing what it will be like until I get far into the game.. that kinda sucks honestly

rickyricc
24th Mar 2010, 03:01
I've just started a new game on hardcore because of this.. I want the trophy and I don't feel like playing the whole game again just for 1 trophy.. I know it's going to be tough but it will make me better in the long run!!! I hope!