PDA

View Full Version : So, permanent destruction?

Tattimatonen
23rd Mar 2010, 18:20
It seems to me that when you blow some s**t up it stays blown up, forever. I understand that respawning them would be unrealistic, but since when has Just Cause 2 been about realism? When you've done everything 100%, there's none of the cool radio masts, gas tanks and such to blow up anymore. Could the people not rebuild it all in Mercenary Mode? I really would not like flying through totally destroyed places. Don't get me wrong, JC2 is still a most likely GOTY for me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though. This is one of those times it would be nice to be wrong.

DaCommando
23rd Mar 2010, 18:23
Since blowing stuff up gives you progression rating, if it were to respawn you would lose...that...rating...get it?

CloudWolf
23rd Mar 2010, 18:34
Since blowing stuff up gives you progression rating, if it were to respawn you would lose...that...rating...get it?

It could respawn, just not add to you progression :hmm:

Tommyx50
23rd Mar 2010, 18:36

But the game will be boring after you brake a lot of stuff. I think they should be rebuilt and come back after every time you break them, but only the first time you break it adds to your ratings.

EDIT :

I got NINJA'D

Also, to Stevieo, They wouldn't spawn all at once, but only ones outside the area your are in, so if you were in the desert only the objects outside the desert would spawn, and it would be on an in-game, daily basis. And also they should look different, by removing the Panuan star, making them different colours (for example blue, which is the opposite of the Goverments "colour", red) etc.

Stevieo526
23rd Mar 2010, 18:38
That would get pretty confusing. what if you need to make an escape because you're close to dieing. Then everything is respawned. You can always start the game again if you want to blow more stuff up.

Tattimatonen
23rd Mar 2010, 18:48
But then you'd miss all the upgrades. Maybe they'd look different after respawning? The permanent destruction kept me out of Mercs 2 and Red Faction: Guerrilla.

Stevieo526
23rd Mar 2010, 18:54
I guess if they lost the Star of Panau on stuff you've already blown up it wouldn't be so bad. At least that way you would know what you need to attack still.

Synxter
23rd Mar 2010, 18:54
Watch the trailer -where rico destroys stuff- then watch the trailer again. You'll notice the objects he destroyed earlier are being rebuild, and rico yet again destroys it. So yes, it will respawn.

Tommyx50
23rd Mar 2010, 18:58
Watch the trailer -where rico destroys stuff- then watch the trailer again. You'll notice the objects he destroyed earlier are being rebuild, and rico yet again destroys it. So yes, it will respawn.

This has GOT to be sarcasm.

When you re-watch a trailer it goes back to the start... It doesn't render the whole thing again...

If that isn't sarcasm, I think he deserves to have his legs crushed.

Or tied a post and be whipped with a grapple.

GamerWill
23rd Mar 2010, 19:04
Well even if it doesn't respawn, who cares? Most of the stuff doesn't blow up anyway...

GeoLaureate8
23rd Mar 2010, 19:07
Ok, so does it respawn or what?

k1llabeastie
23rd Mar 2010, 19:14
i don't think so.. because u get chaos for this.. if it would respawn, u could easily stay on one place, and get unlimited chaos, the mission is, to get around the world and destroy stuff to get chaos.

GeoLaureate8
23rd Mar 2010, 19:16
i don't think so.. because u get chaos for this.. if it would respawn, u could easily stay on one place, and get unlimited chaos, the mission is, to get around the world and destroy stuff to get chaos.

Yeah, but what if it takes 20 hours to respawn?

Tommyx50
23rd Mar 2010, 19:18

Have you actually read the rest of the thread? In my post I said they shouldn't add to your ratings.

Just_Cause_War
23rd Mar 2010, 19:18
I like the permanent damage. Places a realistic element into an unrealistic game.

Tommyx50
23rd Mar 2010, 19:20
Has anyone here actually played Red Faction? Non-respawning things in a sandbox game is a bad idea...

That game got boring pretty quickly...

JC2³
23rd Mar 2010, 19:31
This wil probably be mercenary mode, because in mercenary mode you ar able to explore the world with only pedistrians around

brauny
23rd Mar 2010, 19:32
This wil probably be mercenary mode, because in mercenary mode you ar able to explore the world with only pedistrians around

no thats wrong MCM confirmed that thats not tru

Fatha
23rd Mar 2010, 19:41
I think it will respawn, like if you destroy something in the dessert then fly to the snowmountains. And then back i thin it will be respawned.

xbox360kris
23rd Mar 2010, 19:41
watch the trailer -where rico destroys stuff- then watch the trailer again. You'll notice the objects he destroyed earlier are being rebuild, and rico yet again destroys it. So yes, it will respawn.

lol win

llx Todd xll
23rd Mar 2010, 19:43
mcm said it doesn't i think

Apocalyptic Fish
23rd Mar 2010, 19:45
Only government property (red/white star objects) will not respawn I think

aieeeee
23rd Mar 2010, 19:50
mercernary mode?

Mr. Grey
23rd Mar 2010, 20:39
I think after you've destroyed stuff it should come back without the Panauan Star on it, and not add to your rating if you destroy them. And to you that say it adds a realistic touch in the game, I think it's unrealistic that nobody bothers to remove blown up water towers etc. after the president is dead.

k1llabeastie
23rd Mar 2010, 20:42
can someone just check this out? :P

jeffkeuh
23rd Mar 2010, 20:48
no it doesnt ,think people, when ur in mercenary mode u need to destroy every gas tank,crane,... to get 100% so no it wont respawn ;)

k1llabeastie
23rd Mar 2010, 20:54
yeah exactly! thats what i was trying to say.. :rasp: