PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Install the game

TeroxGT
23rd Mar 2010, 18:17
The problem is this, whenever I try to install the game, after sometime the installer just stops responding. In the beginning it goes normally and proceeds for installation, and after sometime into the installation process, it just hangs up. I go to Task Manager and I see the Batman Arkham Asylum is not responding.

Here are my specs:
Dell XPS M1530
Intel Core2duo T7700 2.4 ghz
2 gb ddr2
nvidia 8600m gt

Currently running Vista with SP2.

Let me know if any more info is needed from my side

Please help......

Marcus
23rd Mar 2010, 19:15
Try copying the DVD to hard drive and installing from there.

(Assuming you have the DVD version)

TeroxGT
24th Mar 2010, 03:55
I did and it works now. But now I've come to the point where the performance in the game is pretty poor. I had mentioned it in the one of the threads earlier. But now the game overall runs intermittently in slow mo and sometimes smooth. Also the audio crackles sometimes. I have even lowered the graphic settings to the lowest and it still shows the same problem. Can anyone help me in this? My specs are

Dell XPS M1530

Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4 GHZ
Nvidia Geforce 8600m GT 256 mb GDDR3
2 GB RAM
160 GB HDD
1280 x 800 native resolution
On Dox 185.85 drivers

I'm running the game on

1280 x 800 (16:10)
no V sync
No AA
no Physx
everything High
Ambient Occlusion: Off

Marcus
24th Mar 2010, 10:30
2gb on Vista doesn't seem like it leaves a lot of wiggle room in terms of memory, so I guess that the system is going to be using a lot of hard drive memory where it would generally prefer to use ram. If that's the case, you might be able to improve performance by defragmenting your hard drive (to free up continuous blocks of space on the hard drive), and making sure there is absolutely nothing else running at the same time.

(I'm a little out of my depth here - I don't know that much about modern memory management. Somebody else can probably give better advice :P )

TeroxGT
24th Mar 2010, 11:35
My vista installation was clean and I also run Gamebooster to free up add mem. I played Crysis on medium settings smoothly and played many other games like Dead Space, Gears of War, UT3..etc, without any issues. So why is this one acting up? The graphics aren't otherworldly that it wont run on my system. Do I need to do any tweaking to the ini files in the config folder? If so please let me know what do I have to do to get some performance out of the game.....