PDA

View Full Version : Frequent freezes

Zandarin
23rd Mar 2010, 15:50
I first started playing, the game runs perfectly at 50 FPS.
After about 30 minutes of playing the screen freezes but I can still hear the sound.

This also happened to me a few times in the demo but I didn't think anything of it.

I think its a problem with the game though, not my pc.
Because my friend on steam is having the same problem.

xfx 9800GT
AMD Phenom dual core 3.2GHz

Windows Vista 32 bit home basic.

DaCommando
23rd Mar 2010, 17:02
I first started playing, the game runs perfectly at 50 FPS.
After about 30 minutes of playing the screen freezes but I can still hear the sound.

This also happened to me a few times in the demo but I didn't think anything of it.

I think its a problem with the game though, not my pc.
Because my friend on steam is having the same problem.

xfx 9800GT
AMD Phenom dual core 3.2GHz

Windows Vista 32 bit home basic.

Update your video card drivers, that's what happened to me.

What you need to know about drivers:

Download ONLY from your video card manufacturers website.

TRIPLE check that you have the right one, then triple check your triple check.

The driver is an easy to use .exe file, just double click and it will install. You used to have to jump through a ton of flaming hoops but that's all in the past now.

EXPECT FLASHING! Do not freak out if your monitor suddenly goes blank, or if it flashes. You are updating your video card so it must reset to work.

Expect it to take a while, as in...grab some popcorn and go watch a Monty Python movie (I suggest how to annoy people but that's just me)

You may also need to restart.

EDIT! Check out the stickies in this section as there may also be a problem with the driver if you have updated already.

Zandarin
23rd Mar 2010, 17:09
Update your video card drivers, that's what happened to me.

What you need to know about drivers:

Download ONLY from your video card manufacturers website.

TRIPLE check that you have the right one, then triple check your triple check.

The driver is an easy to use .exe file, just double click and it will install. You used to have to jump through a ton of flaming hoops but that's all in the past now.

EXPECT FLASHING! Do not freak out if your monitor suddenly goes blank, or if it flashes. You are updating your video card so it must reset to work.

Expect it to take a while, as in...grab some popcorn and go watch a Monty Python movie (I suggest how to annoy people but that's just me)

You may also need to restart.

EDIT! Check out the stickies in this section as there may also be a problem with the driver if you have updated already.

Right-o thanks dude.

I haven't ever updated my drivers because I haven't really had any issues until now.

DaCommando
23rd Mar 2010, 17:11
Right-o thanks dude.

I haven't ever updated my drivers because I haven't really had any issues until now.

Might want to consider checking for updates monthly. Wait until a week or so after the driver release though, just in case something is wrong with it (that DOES happen)

This applies to ALL drivers by the way. For now, your video card will do.

Zandarin
23rd Mar 2010, 17:43
Might want to consider checking for updates monthly. Wait until a week or so after the driver release though, just in case something is wrong with it (that DOES happen)

This applies to ALL drivers by the way. For now, your video card will do.

Allright the drivers are installed. Ill post back soon with results.