PDA

View Full Version : Mercenary Mode...?

mclaron700
23rd Mar 2010, 15:45
What is mercenary mode? what does it do? WEEEEEEE

Got my preorder DLC

Frankie G0dskin
23rd Mar 2010, 15:45
You can continue playing after you beat the game. This is called Mercenary Mode.

RedPillow
23rd Mar 2010, 15:46
What is mercenary mode? what does it do? WEEEEEEE

Got my preorder DLC

Search Function.

--

Find out by yourself.

dayd41
23rd Mar 2010, 15:57
lol Its spelt Mclaren, not Mclaron, unless your referring to the Tyson Mclaron Turbo vacuum cleaner @ walmart :)

MonkeyBanana
23rd Mar 2010, 15:59
Its just free roam after youve completed the storyline

CloudWolf
23rd Mar 2010, 16:39
I was dissapointed when I heard about this...it had been hyped so much ;(

Deadman
25th Mar 2010, 17:36
Why on earth would you call that mercenary mode and not just: still playing the game.
Giving it a special name makes it sound like something else is going to happen, but just playing the game is hardly a mode, especially not for a sandbox game, it's just the norm.

aieeeee
25th Mar 2010, 17:38
Does stuff respawn in Mercenary mode after you blow crap up etc?

The_New
25th Mar 2010, 17:39
Damn! I thought you would get to be a mercenary.. :mad2:

mornaselos
25th Mar 2010, 17:47
why not just call it newgame+?

Was there a reason why they just had to call it mercs mode?

Maybe because a certain game tried to copy JC1 but failed miserably

If this is an attempt at getting back at EA, its not funny.

However i know what would have been funny!

*SPOILERS* In the (Mercenaries must die) faction mission you have to kill a merc.

What would have been awsum is if the guy had looked or favored mattias nelson from the mercs game series.

Deadman
25th Mar 2010, 17:51
It's not even newgame+ though.
Newgame+ is starting the game again from the very start but get to keep everything you've earned so far.
It's just... it's just continuing to play after you've finished the story, which is practically the law in sandbox games.

mornaselos
25th Mar 2010, 18:08
It's not even newgame+ though.
Newgame+ is starting the game again from the very start but get to keep everything you've earned so far.
It's just... it's just continuing to play after you've finished the story, which is practically the law in sandbox games.

seems to be that way

speaking of mercs mode i heard the game becomes harder, is this true and if true how so? Cause i cant take anymore freaking helicopters!!

The_New
25th Mar 2010, 18:10
What did you guys expect? It's not like you get a bunch of new missions, enjoy what you get.

mornaselos
25th Mar 2010, 18:14
What did you guys expect? It's not like you get a bunch of new missions, enjoy what you get.

Im satisfied with there being a mercs mode

i mean if you think positively, Eidos could have said fck a mercs mode and make you start all the way over haha it hurts me justcause im thinking about it right now AHHH *panics*:eek:

Deadman
25th Mar 2010, 18:43

With a name like Mercenary mode yes, I expected something extra.
What we got is standard stuff, and don't get me wrong, I'm glad they didn't do something idiotic like forcing the game to end after you finish the story.
But calling it mercenary mode like it's some kind of bonus thing is a little bogus.

You seem to think this means we now hate the game or something, I don't, I still love the game, but no game or game company is perfect, and this is a flaw =p

MonkeyBanana
25th Mar 2010, 19:11
Yea it is kind off stupid to give it another name, I thought it would something like a very hard mode or everyone attacks you mode.

mornaselos
25th Mar 2010, 19:14
Yea it is kind off stupid to give it another name, I thought it would something like a very hard mode or everyone attacks you mode.

Now im sad:(

everybody attacks rico with factions betraying rico and civies turning into zombies trying to kill rico the mercenary. would have been fun

but i guess this will just have to do for now..

ventuz
25th Mar 2010, 20:44
should have called it "postgame" instead.

jtn
25th Mar 2010, 20:56
didnt have to call it anything.

Deadman
25th Mar 2010, 21:03
Exactly, in GTA , Saints Row, Fallout 3, and probably just about any sandbox game you could mention playing after the end of the story is just standard fair (Well, fallout 3 ended unless you got at least the first expansion, but that was stupid).